Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2011, 02:18 AM

3,875 posts, read 3,881,998 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
We have these auctions pretty much all the time.

With the economy the way it is and people moving a lot more then they used to the storage units are having them more and more.

The auctioneer and his wife have been on TV before. Something tells me he pitched the show.

Mike from the Pickers show pitched his show for 4 years before he got on so there has to be a connection of the auctioneer and the channel I would say.

Storage sheds have become a huge business in America, they told how many there are across the country and it was amazing.

I can go to a storage auction at least once a week here in Ohio and sometimes two in a week easily.

Remember, they are not just selling 3-4 units at a time. That is for the 1 hour show.

Most of the auctions I attend have 20-50 units and we are there all day long in most cases.
In S. Calif. you can easily go to 2 or 3 in the same day, anywhere fom 1 20+ units. The show is edited down to 1 hr.

I've seen Dan Dotson ( Storage Wars auctioneer) auction off 24+ units within a few hrs. ( he was at 2 seperate auctons that day). In S. California storage facilities are everywhere. Some cities have literally dozens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2011, 11:00 AM

4,884 posts, read 5,038,773 times
How much of this is staged? Watched last night someone picked up, I think it was a Miller Beer box. I noticed that "Miller" was taped over. At least let me think it's not staged.

Old 07-29-2011, 12:36 AM

15,912 posts, read 20,259,015 times
I've watched this show on and off ever since it first aired, not once have I ever watched it from beginning to end.

Am tired of watching people argue or try to screw another person...

Gave up on it last week and will never watch it again.

Old 07-30-2011, 10:37 AM

1,378 posts, read 4,375,826 times
I was at our church rummage sale once and a friend of mine bought a 49 star flag for $5. The guy was something of a history buff and a collector so I don't know what he did with it but I'd bet it would worth more than what he paid for it given its age and the fact the 49 star flag only lkasted for a year.

Old 07-30-2011, 12:37 PM

1,168 posts, read 2,511,565 times
Am I the only one that think's Jarod's wife is WAAAAAAAY too hot for him? Way to settle girl

I'd like to have a drink with Darrell and Barry. They seem like good guys. Although as the night went on I'd probably get a bit tired of Darrell preaching about the "wow factor".

Dave...I'd like to punch that conceited pr**k right in his fat YUUUUUUUP mouth. Did you guys notice that he's the only one whoring out his business by dressing in his black on black on black store attire. Even his hat has the "YUUUUUUUUP" tagline sewn across the back...

Old 07-30-2011, 02:18 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,124,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggJoe4181 View Post
Am I the only one that think's Jarod's wife is WAAAAAAAY too hot for him? Way to settle girl

I'd like to have a drink with Darrell and Barry. They seem like good guys. Although as the night went on I'd probably get a bit tired of Darrell preaching about the "wow factor".

Dave...I'd like to punch that conceited pr**k right in his fat YUUUUUUUP mouth. Did you guys notice that he's the only one whoring out his business by dressing in his black on black on black store attire. Even his hat has the "YUUUUUUUUP" tagline sewn across the back...
I'm a chick, but yes, I think Brandi "settled". However, I do think she's always b*tchy. Every time you see her she's in a foul mood with a scowl on her face.

I don't watch the show religiously - only occasionally. I don't like Dave Hester either. The only one on the show I like is Barry Weiss - only because he's kinda weird and has some sweet rides.

Old 07-30-2011, 03:32 PM

1,168 posts, read 2,511,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
I'm a chick, but yes, I think Brandi "settled". However, I do think she's always b*tchy. Every time you see her she's in a foul mood with a scowl on her face.

If you were married to Jarod I bet you'd always be p***ed off with a scowl on your face too.

Old 07-31-2011, 07:00 AM

443 posts, read 567,213 times
Good point--being married to Jared must be something of a pain. Brandi has more sense about picking good stuff for a good price. Jared gets caught up in all the macho hype about who will win the storage unit--no matter what the cost!

Old 07-31-2011, 11:39 AM

12,973 posts, read 34,046,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
I dont think she settled at all. They are perfect for each other. They are both Inland Empire 909 types. Very trailer-y types.

Old 07-31-2011, 01:50 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,124,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggJoe4181 View Post
If you were married to Jarod I bet you'd always be p***ed off with a scowl on your face too.
I would never be married to a Jarrod type, to begin with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV