Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2011, 12:32 AM

4,586 posts, read 7,718,724 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathleen1971 View Post
I know it's just a cartoon but I cannot believe I live in a world where The Flintstones isn't on everyday.
Comes on everyday on Boomerang along with The Jetsons and a bunch of other older cartoons...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boomerang_(TV_channel)

Quote:
"ER" is an interesting case. TNT still holds the syndication rights, but decided to take a "pause" last year, at the same time that late-season DVDs for the show were being released. They apparently plan to bring it back at some future point, but the date is uncertain.
I see. They would go through all the seasons then restart at the end of their block which is what I assumed was going to happen last time but its gone for the time being.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2011, 06:21 AM

3,929 posts, read 2,958,405 times
I agree that they should bring back Blossom! That was a good show.

Old 03-31-2011, 10:49 AM

3,175 posts, read 3,659,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PKCorey View Post
Comes on everyday on Boomerang along with The Jetsons and a bunch of other older cartoons...

I see. They would go through all the seasons then restart at the end of their block which is what I assumed was going to happen last time but its gone for the time being.
I have never seen one episode, did it follow a storyline and have involvement in the characters lives like Grey's? I was thinking of renting it on Netflix if it does.

Old 03-31-2011, 10:57 AM

1,731 posts, read 4,687,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PKCorey View Post

Oh. Ok. I don't have Boomerang. Oh well, at least I know it's still on. Gives me comfort lol.

Old 03-31-2011, 11:18 AM

3,879 posts, read 8,389,323 times
I miss Mama's Family.

It used to come on for one hour at 6am every morning and I woke up laughing my ass off to it. Then they stopped.

Boo.

Old 03-31-2011, 09:06 PM

4,586 posts, read 7,718,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mag32gie View Post
I have never seen one episode, did it follow a storyline and have involvement in the characters lives like Grey's? I was thinking of renting it on Netflix if it does.
Yes, ER did. Most of characters stayed for years so everything would float together. It was great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Crabcakes View Post
I miss Mama's Family.

It used to come on for one hour at 6am every morning and I woke up laughing my ass off to it. Then they stopped.

Boo.

I agree. I miss Ms. Harper with her knee highs and Naomi n Vinton....

Old 03-31-2011, 09:25 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,592,451 times
I miss Green Acres, Bewitched, Andy of Mayberry.

Old 03-31-2011, 10:04 PM

5,758 posts, read 11,646,722 times
Another wrinkle in the syndication fabric comes from local network affiliates. Sometimes (and perhaps this was more common in the past), they would buy temporary rights to air syndicated shows in order to fill airtime, especially in the morning.

So - unless a show's entire syndication rights have been locked up by another network - it is possible for a few episodes of an old series to pop up here and there on a local channel, then vanish.

Old 04-01-2011, 09:05 AM

22,934 posts, read 28,318,079 times
This is going to become more and more common.

Why would a network use airtime to run I show I can see on Netflix any time I want? This is the wave of the future. Ten years from now, your internet, TV, and telephone are going to be the same thing.

Old 04-02-2011, 12:59 AM

6,870 posts, read 14,871,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mag32gie View Post
ER is one of the greatest television drama's ever! Add it to your Netflix. You won't be disappointed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV