U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2011, 05:51 PM

10,073 posts, read 9,437,347 times

Advertisements

I swear I've searched the ET/TV forum more than 10x and can't find a thread about this show....please point me in the right direction if I missed it!

Anyway: LOVE it!

Crazy pregnant women with money to burn who hire Rosie Pope to "attend" to whatever BS they can't figure out or take care of on their own.

I'll have more to say if I don't get re-directed to an existing thread, but I swear, I can't find one!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2011, 05:59 PM

1,785 posts, read 3,288,836 times
No! I don't think there is a thread for this yet - I had looked too. I'm still so-so on this show. The gay assistant just seems SO "central casting". Also, with regards to Rosie, when she first started speaking I thought (and I know this sounds awful!) she was deaf. She seemed to speak exactly like Marlee Matlin. After a couple of minutes I realized she was English - but she definitely has a "Bawa Walters" thing going on!

Old 04-13-2011, 06:13 PM

1,895 posts, read 5,615,987 times
It's like watching a train wreck. (In a good way-haha!) Hormonal AND overly entitled... wow!

Old 04-13-2011, 07:30 PM

24,849 posts, read 33,916,615 times
I saw a clip of this show on The Soup. The mom was asking for a team of people to come up with a baby name. The name could not be "decorative" whatever the heck that means, couldn't have a J or an R in it and couldn't end in an S. Possibly the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen.

Old 04-13-2011, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cokatie View Post
No! I don't think there is a thread for this yet - I had looked too. I'm still so-so on this show. The gay assistant just seems SO "central casting". Also, with regards to Rosie, when she first started speaking I thought (and I know this sounds awful!) she was deaf. She seemed to speak exactly like Marlee Matlin. After a couple of minutes I realized she was English - but she definitely has a "Bawa Walters" thing going on!
That assistant of hers is so '80's" I'd love to cut that sweeping bang out of his eyes.

I wasn't sure what was going on with Rosie's accent - meaning, where is she from? I didn't have an issue understanding her, but I also have a child in speech therapy. Noticed a little tongue thrust or something of that nature going on.

I watched 2 episodes of "Celebrity Apprentice" with Marlee, plus a lot of LTN movies she has been in (back in the day was when I watched), and I still can barely understand what she says. I don't have an issue with understanding Rosie.

The "having a baby is going to cramp our style, lifestyle, minimalist decor" couple, well they were waaaay too much. I also wonder if that woman realized her husband was gay?

The "power" couple, who no one has ever heard of, that needed a team of "intellectuals" to pick a brand name for their baby - how pretentious can you get? Big teeth mamma didn't want to hear anything her friends or anyone in the focus group said about the names she really liked. No one cares what you name your kid. It's your fault. Bowen Asher?

But they made sure their alma maters were name-dropped....and the Dartmouth alum hubby never read "Catcher in the Rye"? Harvard alum mamma was so shocked.

Pretentious morons.

Old 04-13-2011, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
I saw a clip of this show on The Soup. The mom was asking for a team of people to come up with a baby name. The name could not be "decorative" whatever the heck that means, couldn't have a J or an R in it and couldn't end in an S. Possibly the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen.
It was. They both were.

Ruby isn't a decorative name?

Ella? No one has been named that since 1722?

They were nuts.

Old 04-13-2011, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deerislesmile View Post
It's like watching a train wreck. (In a good way-haha!) Hormonal AND overly entitled... wow!
I think it's hysterical...especially with how Rosie reacted to the couples. She was "real" about it.

Old 04-13-2011, 08:45 PM

12,478 posts, read 16,722,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdustmaker View Post
That assistant of hers is so '80's" I'd love to cut that sweeping bang out of his eyes.

I wasn't sure what was going on with Rosie's accent - meaning, where is she from? I didn't have an issue understanding her, but I also have a child in speech therapy. Noticed a little tongue thrust or something of that nature going on.

I watched 2 episodes of "Celebrity Apprentice" with Marlee, plus a lot of LTN movies she has been in (back in the day was when I watched), and I still can barely understand what she says. I don't have an issue with understanding Rosie.

The "having a baby is going to cramp our style, lifestyle, minimalist decor" couple, well they were waaaay too much. I also wonder if that woman realized her husband was gay?

The "power" couple, who no one has ever heard of, that needed a team of "intellectuals" to pick a brand name for their baby - how pretentious can you get? Big teeth mamma didn't want to hear anything her friends or anyone in the focus group said about the names she really liked. No one cares what you name your kid. It's your fault. Bowen Asher?

But they made sure their alma maters were name-dropped....and the Dartmouth alum hubby never read "Catcher in the Rye"? Harvard alum mamma was so shocked.

Pretentious morons.
omg--freaking hilarious post!!!!
I saw that episode and wondered as well if Mrs knew Mr is gay!!!!

Old 04-14-2011, 12:34 AM

22,583 posts, read 51,362,336 times
I took awhile before I got around to watching this show. I've had quite a few babies in my day and I wasn't sure if I would be that interested.

I've been pleasantly surprised, although I think the show is heavily engineered.

Yes, parents can be that detached and then turn out to be great but something just didn't seem quite right. I don't think the psychologist would have lasted in that loft in real life, but thrown out on his tush with Rosie. And the second couple seemed way over the top. I simply can't believe the think tank, then focus group, then friend-group-vote dinner all to name that kid. I think it had a cute little "moral of the story" at the end that was a little too convenient.

Even still, the ride was wonderful. If things were staged it was done well enough that it wasn't obvious. The entire premise and its increasing absurdity was ridiculous yet it was still hilarious. And fun. And who knows. Maybe it is all real. All I know is I was very entertained.

It reminds me of the Bethenny show. It's a fun romp without women clawing at one another.

Old 04-14-2011, 08:17 AM

1,300 posts, read 3,410,105 times
I really wish I could watch this and get past her voice, but I can't! Does she need speech therapy? What is the deal? I've heard British people (from different areas) speak and this is not how anyone sounds. She sounds like she's deaf. Has this been explained in the show? I don't mean to offend people who like her, but I'm extremely curious as to what the cause of this is...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV