Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2011, 01:49 PM

416 posts, read 1,089,758 times

Advertisements

Coal has to be one of the most interesting shows that I have seen.
I recall it coming on every night, and sometimes a couple of episodes per night.
NOW, it is never on.
What happened????
I want COAL back ! ! !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2011, 02:48 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,270,401 times
This will probably give you your answer. It looks like the series is at the halfway mark. Most new reality shows don't have many episodes.

COAL | Thom Beers Reality Show About Coal Miners | Full Episodes | Spike

This is an interesting new item.

'Coal' TV: MSHA Cites West Virginia Mine After Watching Reality Show

But I find this to be the most interesting; real coal miners talking about how dramatized the show is. I especially like the link to the article about one of the people that was in the show.

WVBROADCASTING.NET • View topic - COAL... The TV program

Old 05-07-2011, 05:01 PM

22,654 posts, read 24,581,931 times
Was a little to slow for me, stopped watching. Now that other show "Alaska gold Rush", I found quiet interesting.

Old 05-08-2011, 07:26 PM

I spoke too soon.
They ran a COAL marathon today, including a new episode.
YEEEEEE-HAW !!
I love it!

Old 05-09-2011, 05:17 AM

3,113 posts, read 8,377,580 times
Because of this thread I sought the show out on OnDemand and watched three episodes today - it's great to be able to watch an hour show in 40 minutes, because there's no commercials!

I liked the show. It's definitely different than anything else on TV. I don't know that I'd ever get hooked on it, but I liked getting a glimpse into a part of life, and a part of the country, that's I'd never seen before.

Old 05-09-2011, 09:35 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,270,401 times
But from one of my links:

Second-shift miner Raymond Crigger said R.B. Davis, the second-shift foreman, once fired a belt operator after only two hours on the job. Cameras missed the firing, however. The crew asked Davis to do it over. The newcomer went back in the mine to be re-fired, this time on film.

Edwards said he flatly refused some of the film crew's requests: once a producer asked him to let one of the red-hats pretend he was lost in the mine.

"He was probably one of the most intelligent boys I've got. I told them, we're not going to do that," Edwards said. "If he was really lost, that would be different."

After reading that I decided it was another phony "reality" show. I'm already addicted to enough of this nonsense. Pretending intelligent people are lost. That's ridiculous.

Old 05-10-2011, 08:06 PM

22,654 posts, read 24,581,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
But from one of my links:

Second-shift miner Raymond Crigger said R.B. Davis, the second-shift foreman, once fired a belt operator after only two hours on the job. Cameras missed the firing, however. The crew asked Davis to do it over. The newcomer went back in the mine to be re-fired, this time on film.

Edwards said he flatly refused some of the film crew's requests: once a producer asked him to let one of the red-hats pretend he was lost in the mine.

"He was probably one of the most intelligent boys I've got. I told them, we're not going to do that," Edwards said. "If he was really lost, that would be different."

After reading that I decided it was another phony "reality" show. I'm already addicted to enough of this nonsense. Pretending intelligent people are lost. That's ridiculous.
Sadly "reality tv" is usually phony, put a camera on people and they are going to put on a show. And throw in all of the crap that the tv producers ask of the "reality" participants and you have fake tv.

I was duped into thinking Operation Repo was a real show for about the first 3 episodes.

Old 05-19-2011, 03:26 PM

dag-nabbit !!
I had to miss it on Sunday because of the hockey game.
I gotta find out what is going on with Wildman, etc., and what I missed.
I have not seen where they are going to re-run it. It seems like they only run the new episode on Sunday now.

Old 05-19-2011, 10:12 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,036,965 times
Coal is the best series that Thom Beers has come up with yet. Unlike the tedious hype of 'Deadliest Catch' and 'Ice Road Truckers' which after one season I felt that I had learned all that I ever wanted to know about crab fishing and ice trucking. Coal on the other hand is a far more complex story and for me far more palpably dangerous with little need for a voice over constantly reminding of the fact.

Old 05-22-2011, 10:33 PM

The miners keep saying that they are doing this to make a better life for their families.
So,
How much do Coal Miners get paid??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV