Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-31-2011, 08:49 AM

8,960 posts, read 20,388,156 times

Advertisements

Well,
Gymkana's act went wrong.......BIG TIME!
Smage Bros. Riding Shows was "ok", but noticed that a couple of riders put one of their feet down to attain balance on the bike after a flip........that's a NO, NO!!
Summerwind Skippers.......DON'T drop or miss the skip rope!
Professor Splash......I won't EVEN go there!

Best acts:
Anna Graceman.........only one word for this little girl, TERRIFIC!!
Landau Eugene Murphy.........another TERRIFIC!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2011, 10:58 AM

2,540 posts, read 6,233,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBoating View Post
Best acts:
I totally agree w/ you! I love them both, but I think Landau would be a better Vegas act. I know I'd go see him. I even called last night voting for him, first time ever.

Old 08-31-2011, 12:44 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,467,518 times
Quote:
Well,
Smage Bros. Riding Shows was "ok", but noticed that a couple of riders put one of their feet down to attain balance on the bike after a flip........that's a NO, NO!!

Best acts:
Agree but as much as I love Landau, I have to agree with Piers; he didn't get some of the early notes, looked nervous and moved stiffly over the stage. Not good enough for Vegas but he can improve with coaching.

If you are going to sing Sinatra, people will expect you to move like him. No doubt though, Landau would make a great studio recording artist.

That little girl, Anna Graceman, is awesome!

Old 08-31-2011, 12:55 PM

44,371 posts, read 20,080,080 times
Quote:
Well,

Best acts:
I agree on all of the above. I also thought the magician (I've forgotten his name) did an excellent job. He's really innovative and builds excitement in his act. Classy guy. Easy on the eyes, too!

I can't believe Professor Splash made it this far. How do you make a 1-hour Vegas show of an idiot diving once into a shallow pool? It's a carnival act; not a Vegas show.

Old 08-31-2011, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ8 View Post
I agree on all of the above. I also thought the magician (I've forgotten his name) did an excellent job. He's really innovative and builds excitement in his act. Classy guy. Easy on the eyes, too!

I can't believe Professor Splash made it this far. How do you make a 1-hour Vegas show of an idiot diving once into a shallow pool? It's a carnival act; not a Vegas show.
Landon Swank and he can just stand there and look gorgeous for my taste. He resembles one of the hunks in the Soap I watch. He did have a good act too.

I thought the Illuminates fell flat at the end of their performance. I didn't quite get it and I didn't see an ending. But I liked the beginning.

Of all of them, I think Professor Splash is the least of all talent. I wouldn't pay to see him.

Also, I have to admit, I don't find dangerous acts very entertaining. They make me nervous worrying about the participants and I can't enjoy them.

Old 09-01-2011, 07:36 AM

8,960 posts, read 20,388,156 times
If you watched last night, did you see Anna "tearing" after Landau was announced that he had made it as well. The judges sure were happy that both of them are in the Top 10! Landon Swank sort of reminds me of Lance Burton in Vegas.......glad he made it thru also. Team Illuminate and The Silhouettes are good-to-great groups, but The Silhouettes last performance wasn't nearly as good as their other.

Old 09-01-2011, 08:04 AM

2,107 posts, read 3,015,662 times
When Nick announced that Anna made it, I thought, wth? Landau is fantastic. I was happy when Nick said that he made it also. Even if Landau doesn't win he'd surely be asked to sing in Vegas at least once. The Sinatra sound and Vegas go together, imo.

Old 09-01-2011, 02:47 PM

44,371 posts, read 20,080,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatdurncat13 View Post
When Nick announced that Anna made it, I thought, wth? Landau is fantastic. I was happy when Nick said that he made it also. Even if Landau doesn't win he'd surely be asked to sing in Vegas at least once. The Sinatra sound and Vegas go together, imo.
I had a feeling as soon as Landau and Anna were called up together they would both make it through. I'm glad they did.

Anna is a classy young lady, isn't she. Her emotion was so genuine when Landau was told that he's going through as well.

I, too, thought Silhouettes was not as good this week as they were previously. I was a little bored with their act on Tuesday.

I'm also getting bored with big dance groups. Some of them are incredibly talented and have great choreography, but I find myself tiring of them pretty quickly. I also wonder how acts which are extremely acrobatic and energetic can possibly do an hour-long show in Vegas.

Old 09-01-2011, 06:49 PM

I am happy for Anna, Landau and Landon. The rest, kind of mediocre but I will miss the Kinetic King. He cracked me up. I hope he finds his Kinetic Queen.

Old 09-01-2011, 10:21 PM

853 posts, read 4,040,079 times
How was Snap Boogie's performance in the semi finals? My kids and I missed the show because we did not have power and we were wondering how his performance was.

Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV