Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2011, 07:32 PM

11,151 posts, read 15,841,201 times

Advertisements

LOL @ Piers' comment to Sandou Trio Russian Bar:

Spoiler

"We didn't vote you through to see you sing -- badly -- on a piano upside down."

Much as I hate to agree with him ..... I do. They were AWFUL!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2011, 07:38 PM

18,950 posts, read 11,602,294 times
LOL that cracked me up too! Can't believe he hasn't buzzed this youtube singer who is so off key.

Old 08-23-2011, 07:58 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,467,518 times
Arrrrgghh!! I have to wait another 2 hours 2 minutes for the show.

Old 08-23-2011, 08:09 PM

Crap - wish we could watch together Minervah. Interested to know what you'll think of West Springfield Dance Troupe. I didn't like them before - especially not last week - but thought they did better tonight.

Old 08-23-2011, 08:47 PM

11,151 posts, read 15,841,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toosie View Post
Crap - wish we could watch together Minervah. Interested to know what you'll think of West Springfield Dance Troupe. I didn't like them before - especially not last week - but thought they did better tonight.
I agree that they were better than last week, but compare them to Miami All-Stars. Of course, they're completely different styles of dance, but the skill level of the Miami group is just SOOOOOO much higher than the Springfield group. The high school dance team simply should NOT go any further in this competition.

Old 08-23-2011, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark of the Moon View Post
I agree that they were better than last week, but compare them to Miami All-Stars. Of course, they're completely different styles of dance, but the skill level of the Miami group is just SOOOOOO much higher than the Springfield group. The high school dance team simply should NOT go any further in this competition.
Holy cow - you got that right. Miami All-Stars were fantastic! I'd love to see them again. Speaking of dancing - I like the 14 year old ballet dancer also but don't see that being a vegas act.

Old 08-23-2011, 10:58 PM

44,641 posts, read 61,661,969 times
Quote:
Holy cow - you got that right. Miami All-Stars were fantastic! I'd love to see them again. Speaking of dancing - I like the 14 year old ballet dancer also but don't see that being a vegas act.
Agree, the Miami All Stars really brought it on tonight. Best of the night. I also likes the Illuminators as 2nd best. The ballet girl was great but again agree not a Vegas 1 hour show. She's cute, great personality and should go very far in the future.
The upside down piano act was a disaster, what were they thinking. Piers was right on this one.

Old 08-24-2011, 05:54 AM

Agreed, Nitram - The Illuminators seem destined to be developed (or ripped off) whether they win AGT or not.

Old 08-24-2011, 02:23 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,467,518 times
Quote:
I don't get West Springfield Dance Troupe at all. It's always the same thing. I mean, if I want to see an hour show, I want some variety. It's puzzling to me because the judges are the ones who say that the acts should mix it up but to me this dance troupe is always the same.

I thought Kevin Solis was very out of tune and very nervous. I don't think he is good enough to win. I liked Melissa Villasenor, Alys Agnes, The Illiminators, Poplyfe and the Miami dancers were wonderful. The little 14 year old dancer was great to watch but again I don't think for a whole hour. Her staging was very clever. Having those mirrors on the stage filled the space and it's such a big stage for one small girl.

Even if they do not win, I think that Poplyfe should have a great career. And I hope the next time I go to Vegas, the Miami dancers will be performing in some type of show.

Old 08-24-2011, 04:37 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,391,434 times
Last night was actually pretty good!

Highly disappointed by the Russian Bar performers. What were they thinking??

iLuminate and Miami All Star were my favorite performers of the night. I also thought that POPLYFE was really good. The lead singer has a really strong star quality. West Springfield Dance Team would not make it through ABDC and will not make it here. Daniel Joseph was pretty good and Kevin Colis was pretty baaaddd...Looooved Lys Agnes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV