Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2017, 06:41 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,295,119 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iconographer View Post
When I was 13, I was on a plane that was hijacked to Cuba. It wasn't as scary as you might think; the hijackers were rather calm and reassuring. The Cuban officials arrested the hijackers when we got to Havana and offloaded us onto a bus with painted-over windows then took us to a dilapidated hotel on the beach. Then the government took us on a very controlled 'tour' of Havana, showing us factories, stores, etc that touted their 'progress'. We weren't allowed to open the windows while in transit; it was stifling. We overnighted (under armed guard) at the hotel and returned to Atlanta in the morning.
Oh, for sure you wouldn't be allowed to tell that story NOW, when restrictions are lifting!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsBellaMia View Post
Sadly, 99% of the people who read your post have no idea of what you speak.
They don't???

I'd tell the story of how, during a visit to Benson's Wild Animal Farm with my parents back in '57, I was standing in front of the Bison cage and one of them charged the fence, it broke and I went in between the horns and went sailing through the air. I was 4 years old.

Mom and Dad never even considered suing Benson's. Imagine what some would do in today's world!!

Last edited by tamiznluv; 10-10-2017 at 06:49 AM..

Old 10-10-2017, 08:16 AM

14,784 posts, read 24,205,881 times
about how I was once in a winn Dixie grocery store doing my shopping and the girl came over the intercom and yelled everyone remain calm we are being robbed . I headed for the back of the store and hid behind some boxes in the store room . One of the employees was back there too crying and shaking and I must say I was not much better .

Old 10-10-2017, 12:02 PM

6,542 posts, read 6,759,837 times
I have had my life saved by CPR, and I have saved someone else's life by administering CPR (and no, I'm not a nurse or first responder). I consider myself the "poster child" for CPR lessons.

Old 10-10-2017, 12:46 PM

2,837 posts, read 2,713,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
about how I was once in a winn Dixie grocery store doing my shopping and the girl came over the intercom and yelled everyone remain calm we are being robbed . I headed for the back of the store and hid behind some boxes in the store room . One of the employees was back there too crying and shaking and I must say I was not much better .
Do you know if the holdup guy was ever caught?

Old 10-10-2017, 01:02 PM

7,841 posts, read 13,298,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
I hope no one was harmed. That girl could have caused a shooting putting innocent people at risk
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV