Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2011, 08:37 AM

2,412 posts, read 5,097,354 times

Advertisements

I knew they were going to kill Charlie off. But a broken hearted internet billionaire? Somehow buys Charlies house, and let's them stay or something? You can tell that was rushed!

But to me there would be such an easier way, and far more believable.

Jake basically is a young Kelso!

This is how I would have done it.

Episode 1
At Charlies funeral a guy introduces himself to Jake. He seems overly concerned about how Jake is holding up. Judith sees the man and freaks out!

Episode 2
Judith confronts the man and says they must never find out. Alan is watching.

Episode 3 "Jake I am your father"

And a believable series goes on.

In this scenario Jake and Alan and Walden can get into all sorts of trouble and issues that WE ALL get into and can relate to.

In the scenario THEY chose, what trouble can they get into that a billion dollars can't get them out of? How do we relate to a frigg'n broken hearted billionaire?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2011, 09:01 AM

7,372 posts, read 14,724,301 times
I would have ended the series. Ashton is a douche bag. No one can play charlie because only charlie is charlie.

Its like the new movie conan. You cant possibly hope to replace Arnold

Old 08-08-2011, 09:13 AM

2,412 posts, read 5,097,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skel1977 View Post
I would have ended the series. Ashton is a douche bag. No one can play charlie because only charlie is charlie.

Its like the new movie conan. You cant possibly hope to replace Arnold
I agree, you cannot replace Charlie. But basically, they made a show around Charlie, and what he was infamous for. Now you're introducing Ashton. Who basically is famous for playing Kelso! A good looking, dumb, conceited guy. But instead of using that, they're making him a a billionaire, a brain, and broken hearted.

Old 08-08-2011, 09:38 AM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,462,036 times
I am always amazed at people who have never done it but always seem to know how to do it better.

Old 08-08-2011, 10:17 AM

7,372 posts, read 14,724,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
I am always amazed at people who have never done it but always seem to know how to do it better.
They are called critics. Its not so amazing once you know what they are.

Old 08-08-2011, 10:57 AM

17,815 posts, read 25,741,560 times
They should have just ended the show awhile back.

It was no longer "Two and Half Men", the boy was becoming an adult. He went from being a cute kid to an arrogant young person.

It was a funny idea and Cryer and Sheen had great chemistry, but it should have ended a couple of years ago.

Old 08-08-2011, 10:58 AM

9,158 posts, read 14,847,934 times
My wife was wondering why they would not make Ashton Kucher turn out to be some long lost son of Charlie's. The ages would work, Ashton can certainly play young and Charlie certaily seems like the kind of guy who might have a kid or two running around. Let him inherit the house and keep on going. Obviously he might have an interest in letting his long lost uncle and cousin live there still. At least more than some Dot Com millionaire.

But as pointed out, its not possible for anyone else to have a better idea than the people that are already doing it. Then again if everyone who is already doing it was so great, their shows would not be getting cancelled or not picked up off a pilot.

Old 08-14-2011, 03:51 AM

5,802 posts, read 9,929,517 times
I'm sorry but this is going to be a major Shark Jumper!

When you've had a central character like charlie for so long and he is lost...The Show is OVER! Ashton wont be able to replace that, he and Charlie have to 2 different comic styles...

People will definitely notice a hole in the show....It won't make it to Christmas watch...It's just not going to work Charlie was too much the center of the show and for too long, to allow this show to continue with out him, rating will be nowhere it once was.

Old 08-14-2011, 05:21 AM

2,122 posts, read 3,042,937 times
I kind of like the idea about Ashton being a long lost son. Heck, there could be many of them running around. I agree, Charlie was the main attraction, but I'll give the new show a chance and see what happens.

Old 08-14-2011, 07:41 AM

43,851 posts, read 51,437,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
They should have just ended the show awhile back.

It was no longer "Two and Half Men", the boy was becoming an adult. He went from being a cute kid to an arrogant young person.

It was a funny idea and Cryer and Sheen had great chemistry, but it should have ended a couple of years ago.
Agreed! They should've taken the cue from Seinfeld and Friends....it's better to stop while you are ahead and the ratings are great. That way the people on the show don't end up being associated with a fail.

---------------------------------------------
I don't really watch this show all that much, but I would've brought in AK as a person renting a room since they can't afford the upkeep of the house without financial help. A fun quirky sexy roommate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV