Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-02-2012, 08:20 AM

1,999 posts, read 10,568,482 times

Advertisements

OK, I noticed last season that the show Mob Wives was interrupted by commercials an awful lot, so last night I watched the clock the last half of the show and there are a series of 3-4 commercials every 6 minutes! Yeah, I said six minutes!!! Ridiculous. And I don't know if it bothers anyone else, but it drives me absolutely nuts to have that many commercials that crammed together.
The only thing I can figure is that this show has proven to be of such interest to the viewing public that VH1 figures they should make so much money as possible.
The show, to me, would be really interesting IF it had some plot line each show. Instead all I saw last night with (another) big brawl among those ladylike lovelies called the Mob daughters. Little ladies they ain't. Ok..I get it but is that all there is to them I ask?
At least, the Housewives series ends each show with some sort of question or plot. This Mob Wives ended last night with the searing question: Will Drita rip Karen's hair out? Will Renee have another dramatic cry? Snore...
I'm no wimp myself, but to watch 4 women punch each other out...not so interesting after you've seen it more than a couple times.
But for the show to be broken up every 6 minutes makes me feel that VH1 had no show really to...well, show. Maybe there really isn't all that much to the Mob wives group that punching and shoving each other after all. Maybe that's enough for some, but, for me, I'm moving on to another channel where the wives are just making catty comments and fighting with their snotty smart-mouthed kids. At least there's more action and reality there. After all, it's been never that I've personally seen women punch each other like the Mob Wives do. Maybe I'm hanging with the wrong crowd of ladies; but catty comments seem more the norm in my group which does seem, after watching Mob Wives, actually more interesting. Maybe it's just me?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV