U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2011, 07:02 PM

8,520 posts, read 15,447,126 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Please take Good Times and What's Happening off that list
LOL.......Roc?

They were struggling and the dad and brother lived with them.

Come on....although I like Roc, but come on.

They're comparing a guy with a GED(James Evens Jr-AKA-J.J.) to a family with A Dr. and Lawyer as parents and a family in which everyone attends great collages. Gee-whiz.

Nothing wrong with getting a GED but you can't put Good Times in the same league as The Cosby Show.

Rodg and Rerun........Really? LOL
Rate this post positively

Old 08-24-2011, 07:14 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 56,198,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
LOL.......Roc?

They were struggling and the dad and brother lived with them.

Come on....although I like Roc, but come on.

They're comparing a guy with a GED(James Evens Jr-AKA-J.J.) to a family with A Dr. and Lawyer as parents and a family in which everyone attends great collages. Gee-whiz.

Nothing wrong with getting a GED but you can't put Good Times in the same league as The Cosby Show.

Rodg and Rerun........Really? LOL

It wasn't any clowns on Roc, He was a hard working garbage man and his wife was a nurse and he lived with his Dad and Brother. Who on the show was FOOLISH?

Rerun was a CLOWN on what's happening

J.J was a CLWN on Good Times

Old 08-24-2011, 07:15 PM

8,520 posts, read 15,447,126 times
Quote:
It wasn't any clowns on Roc, He was a hard working garbage man and his wife was a nurse and he lived with his Dad and Brother. Who on the show was FOOLISH?

Rerun was a CLOWN on what's happening

J.J was a CLWN on Good Times
I never said they were clowns.........I'm comparing the lifestyle in which they lived.

Are you telling me Roc and The Cosby's were in the same bracket income and education wise?

That's my point nothing more. I don't want to get into a pissing match about how hard working Roc was, that's not my point. I'm comparing income and education.

In case you did not know, not all blacks are "blue collar". That's my point and my focus.

Nothing wrong with that(blue collar) but there are very successful and prominate blacks in this country. Not all blacks are struggling.

I'm finished.

Old 08-24-2011, 07:22 PM

2,112 posts, read 2,579,776 times
Quote:
Like Basketball Wives?-lol
More like Basketball Exes lol

Old 08-24-2011, 07:26 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 56,198,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
I never said they were clowns.........I'm comparing the lifestyle in which they lived.

Are you telling me Roc and The Cosby's were in the same bracket income and education wise?

That's my point nothing more. I don't want to get into a pissing match about how hard working Roc was, that's not my point. I'm comparing income and education.

In case you did not know, not all blacks are "blue collar". That's my point and my focus.

Nothing wrong with that(blue collar) but there are very successful and prominate blacks in this country. Not all blacks are struggling.

I'm finished.

The poster who made the list was trying to say they were black shows with good black role models and that' why I said Good Times and What's Happening
had to be eliminated

Old 08-24-2011, 07:30 PM

16,082 posts, read 30,684,177 times
This has obviously veered off topic. Thread closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.