U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2011, 07:23 PM

12,475 posts, read 30,797,362 times

Advertisements

I remember the episode in which Jon took Kate shopping for some new clothes. She admitted that she had no style but with Jon's help, was able to pick out some outfits. Amazing how different she is today. Too bad she went from one extreme to the other!

Vicki
Rate this post positively

Old 08-24-2011, 08:10 PM

13,722 posts, read 17,929,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post
I have only seen one or two shows when Jon was on it but I have to say I feel sorry for Kate. She may come off as abrasive and not very lovable but she is doing what she has to do to take care of all those kids. What would any of us do in her position? I don't think she could ever depend much upon her husband to provide.
I too think Kate was unfairly criticized. She didn't have a husband; she had nine kids. She had to tell him what to do because he took no initiative to do anything on his own to help out. If Kate and Jon were alike, there would be chaos. I'm not especially a huge fan of the show or of Kate, but don't dislike her or the show either, but I do think she did a good job of running a household with that many kids. Somebody had to be the leader, and it sure wasn't going to be Jon, so she did what she had to do.

Old 08-24-2011, 08:10 PM

17,393 posts, read 29,300,744 times
What on Earth could make anyone in their right mind want to watch this idiot on TV?, She is a nothing, a nobody......she is about as interesting as a tube of caulking.....

Old 08-24-2011, 08:23 PM

348 posts, read 813,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
What on Earth could make anyone in their right mind want to watch this idiot on TV?, She is a nothing, a nobody......she is about as interesting as a tube of caulking.....
It isn't about her .... it's about watching the kids grow from little babies (in the case of the sextuplets) to now being 6 (I think they're now six ...)

Initially, the show was very interesting to watch. They were two working class people who happened to have a set of twins and then sextuplets who miraculously were all healthy.

I'm not even a parent, but I found it interesting to watch their activities with the kids. Also, in the earlier years, I liked both Jon and Kate. They came off as imperfect but caring, pretty sane, boring (in a good way) and likeable. Of course, things changed ....

Kate isn't an idiot. She might be a lot of things, but I don't find "idiot" to be of them. Jon, maybe.

Old 08-24-2011, 08:51 PM

21,935 posts, read 5,891,085 times
I wonder if any of those kids will write a "Mommy Dearest" book in the years to come.
It would probably make a lot of money for whichever kid wrote it, or it could be a collaboration
of several kids....

Old 08-24-2011, 09:34 PM

4,723 posts, read 5,448,357 times
I quit watching after the scandals began, but enjoyed the show up until then. Why is the show now being cancelled?

Old 08-24-2011, 09:36 PM

24,849 posts, read 34,114,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan Transplant View Post
I quit watching after the scandals began, but enjoyed the show up until then. Why is the show now being cancelled?
I think a lot of people quit watching after the scandal.

Old 08-25-2011, 12:02 AM

12,478 posts, read 16,827,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
I too think Kate was unfairly criticized. She didn't have a husband; she had nine kids. She had to tell him what to do because he took no initiative to do anything on his own to help out. If Kate and Jon were alike, there would be chaos. I'm not especially a huge fan of the show or of Kate, but don't dislike her or the show either, but I do think she did a good job of running a household with that many kids. Somebody had to be the leader, and it sure wasn't going to be Jon, so she did what she had to do.

seriously? Who goes and has that many children if they have a useless husband?? No pity from me except to the children who have her as their mom.

Old 08-25-2011, 07:14 AM

17,393 posts, read 29,300,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redsox1972 View Post
It isn't about her .... it's about watching the kids grow from little babies (in the case of the sextuplets) to now being 6 (I think they're now six ...)

Initially, the show was very interesting to watch. They were two working class people who happened to have a set of twins and then sextuplets who miraculously were all healthy.

I'm not even a parent, but I found it interesting to watch their activities with the kids. Also, in the earlier years, I liked both Jon and Kate. They came off as imperfect but caring, pretty sane, boring (in a good way) and likeable. Of course, things changed ....

Kate isn't an idiot. She might be a lot of things, but I don't find "idiot" to be of them. Jon, maybe.

I have triplets (boys) so her show wasn't doing diddly squat for me... just sayin'

Old 08-25-2011, 09:38 AM

577 posts, read 858,529 times
I watched the show a lot when the kids were younger. I was always struck by how nasty and unloving jon and kate were to each other, but I enjoyed watching the kids have fun on their various excursions. I think once the parents got a taste of money they went off the deep end. Jon looked stoned in his last few appearances in the show (I have no idea if he was really taking drugs, but he did look stoned out of his mind), and kate became obsessed with her appearance and "fame." I think jon's immediate forays into younger women were disturbing, even though I have nothing against age differences in relationships-- but it just seemed really creepy to me. Wasn't there a story where he was hitting on a bunch of sorority girls in a bar?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV