U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2011, 07:51 PM

8,633 posts, read 20,187,701 times

Advertisements

I know that she is not popular & from the looks of the previews has had a complete melt down on the final shows, but I have kind of gotten attached to the kids and would have liked to have seen them grow up for a few more years.

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .
Rate this post positively

Old 08-23-2011, 07:56 PM

21,697 posts, read 26,675,943 times
I have only seen one or two shows when Jon was on it but I have to say I feel sorry for Kate. She may come off as abrasive and not very lovable but she is doing what she has to do to take care of all those kids. What would any of us do in her position? I don't think she could ever depend much upon her husband to provide.

To me, her loss of income from the show is the worst part of the whole deal.

Old 08-23-2011, 08:16 PM

1,193 posts, read 1,725,699 times
Shes not having a meltdown shes just showing her true colors.

Old 08-23-2011, 08:18 PM

3,767 posts, read 8,321,228 times
good riddance.

Old 08-23-2011, 08:41 PM

12,475 posts, read 30,780,197 times
I haven't watched the show in quite some time but I did enjoy it when it first came on TV. It was lovely watching the children grow and see their personalities unfold. However, right before Jon left, it had become very commercialized. It was too much about Kate, as well.

I recently watched it, after tuning out months ago. She is much worse. She reminds me of a very selfish person, who thinks she is someone very important. She reminds me of a teenager that feels that she is entitled to everything going her way. Very immature and childish and not very good entertainment.

It is time for the show to end. I'm sure there will be a new show from time to time, showing the kids and how they have grown. I would enjoy seeing that. I will not enjoy any show that is all about Kate and I'm afraid that is what the network has planned.

Vicki

Old 08-23-2011, 09:52 PM

24,849 posts, read 34,079,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy thereader View Post
I know that she is not popular & from the looks of the previews has had a complete melt down on the final shows, but I have kind of gotten attached to the kids and would have liked to have seen them grow up for a few more years.
They aren't ours to watch. I like them too, but let them attempt to live a normal life for a while.

I haven't watched since Kate's true colors came out, but I admit I'll watch the RV/melt down episode coming up.

Old 08-23-2011, 10:04 PM

2,186 posts, read 7,586,177 times
I am sure that they will have specials from time to time. It hasn't been fair to the kids to grow up on TV. It is about time that they learn that it isn't normal having photographers and cameras following you all the time. They have been through enough and I think the show should have ended a while ago. I loved the show at first but must admit that I feel sorry for those kids. They may have money from the show but they have sacrificed a lot.

Old 08-24-2011, 01:36 PM

4,526 posts, read 5,746,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy thereader View Post

ditto--both their parents need to grow up imho

Old 08-24-2011, 01:38 PM

4,526 posts, read 5,746,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post
I have only seen one or two shows when Jon was on it but I have to say I feel sorry for Kate. She may come off as abrasive and not very lovable but she is doing what she has to do to take care of all those kids. What would any of us do in her position? I don't think she could ever depend much upon her husband to provide.

To me, her loss of income from the show is the worst part of the whole deal.
wish i could rep you cause i don't think kate can manage without outside help so those kids are in for a rough ride

Old 08-24-2011, 01:58 PM

15,634 posts, read 22,894,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post
...I have to say I feel sorry for Kate. She may come off as abrasive and not very lovable... .
Maybe Jon wasnt the perfect husband but she treated him like a child and I dont ever recall seeing her be nice to him. I was amazed that he was able to stand her for as long as he did. She's such a mean person outside that she must be so miserable inside. I pray for her children that they can all get the therapy they're obviously going to need after being raised by her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.