U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2011, 06:24 AM

1,803 posts, read 2,519,714 times

Advertisements

I only started watching the whole show last season, but enjoyed it. I admire their determination.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2011, 08:41 AM

1,189 posts, read 1,669,782 times
I won't be watching this any longer. I have watched the last 6 or 7 seasons religiously, but did not enjoy last year at all with the new trainers and the way the show was. And now Jillian is gone to be replaced with a tennis pro? Anna Kournikova? Seriously? I cannot stand her. I think she will rbing this show to a screeching hault. She is very self absorbed and really is she qualified to be a trainer? I love Bob, but I will be tuning out this season. I used to really love this show too.

Old 09-20-2011, 12:24 PM

867 posts, read 1,271,506 times
If they bring back Extreme Makeover:weight loss, I wont need to tune in for a season, i could just watch in an hour.

Old 09-21-2011, 08:22 AM

563 posts, read 1,444,491 times
I'm going to watch the show. I enjoy watching to see the determination of the contestants, because the challenges are fun to watch, and because you can learn new things from the show (like how many calories are in a cup of strawberries with dark chocolate on them). And also because I love Alison. She's awesome (and beautiful).
I don't like Anna either, but I didn't like Jillian too. I do like Bob and glad he's still on. The third trainer, I don't know anything about him and I only caught half the show last night because I didn't even know it was on! Watching it on Hulu in a second. But the third trainer seems alright.
I find it interesting that they split them by age, but I think the older group was given a huge disadvantage by having Anna as their trainer. I think the numbers showed that.
Anna had a couple women lose 3 and 6 lbs each. Bob had a couple who lost over 30 each. The third trainer (I don't know his name), actually did a good job, but being the group of the youngest could have helped that. I think Bob should have had the Oldest and Anna the youngest.

Old 09-21-2011, 08:33 AM

3,161 posts, read 1,064,942 times
I think Anna has gotten better looking with age, (although she still young) and is sincere with her group, but really... she is not the drill sargent type, and probably doesn't have a chance to compete with Bob or the new guy.

Old 09-21-2011, 08:50 AM

3,735 posts, read 7,591,736 times
From time to time I catch the show. Was interested in seeing how Ana would do as a trainer. Uhm, her team is not going to loose nearly as much weight as the other trainers' team. All that crying she did and all the talking I just wanted to tell her to shut up already. Very touching that she ran out to get her team though.

Wish the participants could still stay on the show throughout the season so they can reach their goal. Love Bob but they need to bring Jillian back. The numbers Jillian's group puts up is usually higher than Bob's.

Like the other new trainer.

Old 09-21-2011, 09:40 AM

They really should do a season where for 3 weeks there are no eliminations. Give everyone a really good start in their weight loss journey. Then they can get tough on eliminations and do like 2/week for the next 3 weeks.

Old 09-21-2011, 09:44 AM

1,803 posts, read 2,519,714 times
It was classy when the other teams ran out to walk-in with the older team. Like one of the guys said, we start together-we finish together.

Old 09-21-2011, 09:50 AM

Anna definitely needed to get a little tougher with her group. Sure, they are all the oldest and they might need to take it easy on their bodies, but when Debbie was continually saying to her "How about 3 min instead of 10" or "I think we're done, right, isn't our time up?" etc. Anna should have gotten in her face and told her to shut the heck up and keep working, and "I'll let you know when you're finished. If you don't shut up, I'll keep you working longer and longer and longer." She went too easy on them. They need to get yelled at a little bit.

Old 09-21-2011, 09:57 AM

1,225 posts, read 2,284,776 times
What happened to the last two trainers..That Tara girl from New York and the Brazilian dancer dude.?
Is BL serious with Anna Kournakova.? I mean she isnt even a good tennis player. I guess they are trying to draw in male viewership or something. The African American guy might work out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV