Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2018, 08:53 PM

2,301 posts, read 1,890,198 times

Advertisements

Yes Joe is back! Those kids are so talented and adorable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2018, 05:00 PM

6,870 posts, read 14,872,751 times
Great first episode. These kids are super talented. It's just so sad watching them cry when they are eliminated. Those judges have to be cold hearted to stand there and watch that without breaking down themselves. One of the kids lost both their parents in a murder suicide in September. I hope he goes far. If anyone needs something good to happen in their life it's definitely that kid.

Old 03-04-2018, 05:13 PM

8,793 posts, read 8,179,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westhou View Post
Great first episode. These kids are super talented. It's just so sad watching them cry when they are eliminated. Those judges have to be cold hearted to stand there and watch that without breaking down themselves. One of the kids lost both their parents in a murder suicide in September. I hope he goes far. If anyone needs something good to happen in their life it's definitely that kid.
I agree that it is sad to see a youngster crying like that... But then I see the adult MasterChef contestants bawling uncontrollably too I think in a way it is good for the kids in the long run to learn that they can't always get what they want and hopefully it inspires them to press onward. I am also heartened by the fact that after crying it out, there is later film that shows they have accepted their fate with maturity.

What I am really waiting for is for a former MasterChef Jr contestant to come back to Masterchef (Senior) and kick tail.

Old 03-05-2018, 07:10 AM

11,877 posts, read 5,843,866 times
Quote:
So happy that little boy Ben that lost his parents got the last apron. How heartbreaking to have had to go through your father murdering your mom and then kills himself.

https://thegrio.com/2018/03/03/11-ye...-both-parents/

I see already the editing tho - when the final girls presented their dishes for the last 4 aprons - the one little girl with the meatballs went up first - Gordon put the plate under the counter after tasting it and the girl returned to her station. Another girl is called and as she passes the previous girl's station - the plate with the meatballs can be seen - waiting to be judged.

A few went home I would have loved to watch - while a few stayed that were a bit annoying - but that's the name of the game!

Old 03-05-2018, 07:13 AM

2,106 posts, read 982,691 times
You mean it's real? Always thought the show was fake .

Old 03-05-2018, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blktoptrvl View Post
I agree that it is sad to see a youngster crying like that... But then I see the adult MasterChef contestants bawling uncontrollably too I think in a way it is good for the kids in the long run to learn that they can't always get what they want and hopefully it inspires them to press onward. I am also heartened by the fact that after crying it out, there is later film that shows they have accepted their fate with maturity.

What I am really waiting for is for a former MasterChef Jr contestant to come back to Masterchef (Senior) and kick tail.
I like that part. I'm always amazed at how mature they are. I wish there were more adults that could handle defeat with that much maturity.

The little boy that made the chicken nuggets was so adorable. I just can't get enough of this show. It's one of the few reality shows that makes you feel good while watching it.

Old 03-07-2018, 01:11 PM

6,915 posts, read 3,964,555 times
Quote:
This is obviously your first time watching this show. I've been watching both the adult and junior MC since it first started airing, and they do get emotional, especially later on in the series. I've been watching Gordon ever since Hell's Kitchen first started airing in the States, back in 2005, and he does have a soft side, believe it or not.

Old 03-07-2018, 01:27 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,463,835 times
Am I the only one who noticed that the boys were more prone to cry than the girls? One of them was already weeping before they were even finished with their dishes.

I caught the first episode - is this show on once a week?

Old 03-07-2018, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ContraPagan View Post
This is obviously your first time watching this show. I've been watching both the adult and junior MC since it first started airing, and they do get emotional, especially later on in the series. I've been watching Gordon ever since Hell's Kitchen first started airing in the States, back in 2005, and he does have a soft side, believe it or not.
I've watched every episode of every season. I've certainly seen the softer sides of the judges but I'm also baffled by how they are able to just stand there and watch them cry while getting the boot. Cold hearted was certainly too strong of a way to describe their behavior but there are times I wish they were a bit more gentle with their eliminations.

Old 03-10-2018, 08:20 PM

2,301 posts, read 1,890,198 times
I also think the show is staged. I want to hug Ben. Poor kid is an orphan because of his dad. And Beni is a girl?!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV