Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2012, 08:42 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,248,665 times

Advertisements

There are several old shows that I've been wanting to see again and WKRP in Cincinnati is one of them. Periodically I will check Netflix to see if they're available on instant play yet and WKRP has not turned up (I think they're getting ready to release it on dvd).

So, yesterday, I was catching up with this week's General Hospital on HULU (no t.v. here) and they were having a promo, showing what is now available and.....it turns out WKRP in Cincinnatti is.

So, I'm just throwing this out there, in case anyone else would like to catch up with the motley crew at WKRP:

Hulu - WKRP in Cincinnati: Pilot, Part 1 - Watch the full episode now.

It looks like, so far, it is just season one that is available. I would imagine subsequent seasons will be available at some time as well.

Last edited by Cinebar; 03-17-2012 at 08:53 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2012, 09:41 PM

2,092 posts, read 3,223,197 times
Thanks for posting.

Old 03-17-2012, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Baby, if you've ever wondered,
Wondered whatever became of me,
I'm living on the air in Cincinnati,
Cincinnati, WKRP.

Got kind of tired packing and unpacking,
Town to town and up and down the dial
Maybe you and me were never meant to be,
But baby think of me once in awhile.

I'm at WKRP in Cincinnati..
source: WKRP in Cincinnati Lyrics - Theme Song Lyrics

So far, I've watched the two part pilot and it's still funny after all these years!

Johnny Fever, Venus Flytrap, Andy, Jennifer, Les Nessman, Herb, Bailey, Mr. Carlson (Mama Carlson). So good to see all of them again!

Last edited by Cinebar; 03-17-2012 at 10:35 PM..

Old 03-18-2012, 05:32 PM

8,814 posts, read 21,270,219 times
That was one of my favorite TV theme songs, that and MASH.

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .

Old 03-18-2012, 09:10 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 58,989,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
There are several old shows that I've been wanting to see again and WKRP in Cincinnati is one of them. Periodically I will check Netflix to see if they're available on instant play yet and WKRP has not turned up (I think they're getting ready to release it on dvd).

So, yesterday, I was catching up with this week's General Hospital on HULU (no t.v. here) and they were having a promo, showing what is now available and.....it turns out WKRP in Cincinnatti is.

So, I'm just throwing this out there, in case anyone else would like to catch up with the motley crew at WKRP:

Hulu - WKRP in Cincinnati: Pilot, Part 1 - Watch the full episode now.

It looks like, so far, it is just season one that is available. I would imagine subsequent seasons will be available at some time as well.
WKRP in Cincinnati will be airing on Antenna TV in April. Also is there a fee to watch sitcoms on Hulu.com? I tried to watch the Office yesterday and found out i had to pay $7.99

Old 03-18-2012, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
WKRP in Cincinnati will be airing on Antenna TV in April. Also is there a fee to watch sitcoms on Hulu.com? I tried to watch the Office yesterday and found out i had to pay $7.99
There is HULU Plus, which charges $7.99 a month. Regular, old FREE Hulu has WKRP (in fact, I have episode four of the first season on at this moment).

I watch a lot of shows for free on HULU (I'm not willing to pay for Plus yet).

If you follow the link I posted, it will take you right to part one of the two part pilot. At the end of the show, if you don't do anything, it will go right into the next episode.

I'm going to assume, at some point, they will have subsequent seasons available. I just hope they don't do some sort of bait and switch - where they get you hooked on the program by showing season one for free and then put the following seasons on Plus.

I guess time will tell.

Old 03-18-2012, 09:21 PM
FBJ

Quote:
There is HULU Plus, which charges $7.99 a month. Regular, old FREE Hulu has WKRP (in fact, I have episode four of the first season on at this moment).

I watch a lot of shows for free on HULU (I'm not willing to pay for Plus yet).

If you follow the link I posted, it will take you right to part one of the two part pilot. At the end of the show, if you don't do anything, it will go right into the next episode.

I'm going to assume, at some point, they will have subsequent seasons available. I just hope they don't do some sort of bait and switch - where they get you hooked on the program by showing season one for free and then put the following seasons on Plus.

I guess time will tell.
Are the episodes edited on Hulu,com?

Old 03-18-2012, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Are the episodes edited on Hulu,com?
What do you mean by "edited?"

Old 03-18-2012, 09:30 PM
FBJ

Quote:
What do you mean by "edited?"
On cable sitcoms are usually edited to make room for commercials and was wondering do Hulu.com show the full episode?

Old 03-18-2012, 09:32 PM

Quote:
On cable sitcoms are usually edited to make room for commercials and was wondering do Hulu.com show the full episode?
They do air commercials (unfortunately), very similar to commercial t.v.

The episodes are complete.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV