Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2012, 06:54 AM

18,478 posts, read 31,656,752 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudcaro View Post
Whatever her age is, she's been in this business for only 10 minutes or something. She definitely was chosen to attract new viewers!

I suppose.

I am not crazy about Mariah either, but I can see her more as a judge though.

they do a season, make tons of money and wrap it up and call it a day, does sound good to me though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2012, 08:55 AM

571 posts, read 1,303,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudcaro View Post
Whatever her age is, she's been in this business for only 10 minutes or something. She definitely was chosen to attract new viewers!
^This. I wish there was something geared toward the general public that focused on quality art over entertainment. There is so much more to music than its entertainment value, but I guess people would have to care in order for it to matter.

Old 10-04-2012, 09:43 PM

3,110 posts, read 5,388,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
cant be that great, never heard of him
He's a real sweetie. I wonder if he will stay on after the meltdown this week with the Diva and the Devil.
Here's one of his most famous crossover songs -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgpOGLXVHKk

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Nicki Minaj is such a nut. She was caught on tape cursing Mariah Carey out during the tapings of the auditions segments...buckle up babies its gonna be a rocky season.

Nicki Minaj Cusses Out Mariah Carey During 'American Idol' Audition -- Caught on Tape! - YouTube
That's it for me. I won't watch Ugly Housewives of MTV screaming at each other. This show has officially jumped the shark and surpassed Jerry Springer in bad taste and manipulating the audience. If I were one of the contestants on AI this year, I'd get myself kicked off. It's going to be miserable with those two on the show. I make my kids turn off the TV when there's that kind of screaming and vulgarity. I hope other parents are as smart.

Then again, Honey Boo Boo is still on the air!

Is THIS really what Hollywood thinks of us? Housewives, Boo Boo, Minaj v Mariah...? Springer used to be the exception. Now his old show looks tame.

Maybe it's time for a campaign to Turn off the TV for a Month!

Old 10-05-2012, 07:27 AM

17,539 posts, read 39,160,131 times
The Voice is 1000 times better. I used to LOVE Idol, but with these witches on as judges, forget it. I agree it has jumped the shark, haven't enjoyed that show in years. Boy is Keith Urban going to feel out of place on that show.

The Voice judges all have great camaraderie, and I love all the "joking/fighting/teasing", they all have a good time, plus none of them rakes the contestants over the coals. And the talent on that show is 1000 times better, too.

Goodbye, Idol, you blew it.

Old 01-04-2013, 10:36 PM

4,299 posts, read 2,813,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
Nicki Minaj, what could she possibly know about singing voices, has she turned 14 yet???

Any Jonas brother would be horrible, I have heard them Try to sing, they are the absolute worst.

I would think, my logic tells me any person doing judging should be a much older experienced singer for this competition, or someone in the business for decades....but Nicki and a Jonas brither.

please????

haha I love how people say Nick can't sing especially when they have these typos. Nick may not be that old but he certainly is experienced and he is very respected in the music industry. you're just an ignorant layman so of course you would say that.
however I am glad he did not get the job as he would be a horrible judge.

I agree about the Voice. it's a bummer it's over and will now have Shakira and Usher. the promo looked funny though so maybe Christina and Cee Lo leaving won't be too much of a loss.
I never really liked Idol though.

Last edited by Nickchick; 01-04-2013 at 10:54 PM..

Old 01-04-2013, 11:43 PM

9,913 posts, read 9,600,737 times
Today I saw a commercial for this show. They had the guy who talked with a stutter and then the blurb "guess how he sounds singing" I am 99.99% sure he sings without stuttering. I am pretty sure he will make it to the finals because now he has the perfect sob story. Now if he plays guitar, that is another plus.

Old 01-10-2013, 03:53 AM

4,472 posts, read 3,828,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
The Voice is 1000 times better. I used to LOVE Idol, but with these witches on as judges, forget it. I agree it has jumped the shark, haven't enjoyed that show in years. Boy is Keith Urban going to feel out of place on that show.

The Voice judges all have great camaraderie, and I love all the "joking/fighting/teasing", they all have a good time, plus none of them rakes the contestants over the coals. And the talent on that show is 1000 times better, too.

Goodbye, Idol, you blew it.
Talent on that show is 1000 times better, eh? Anybody on there better than Kelly Clarkson, Melinda Doolittle, Joshua Ledet, Jessica Sanchez, etc?

And the Voice winners are a joke. Javier didn't even sell 10K his first week, and we never hear of Jermaine. Ask anybody on the street, and nobody would know who Jermaine or Javier are. Meanwhile, Idol's last two winners have done very well. Phillip Phillips already has a gold album and a 3x platinum single with "Home." Scotty has a platinum album, and just had a gold Christmas album this year. Of course, we also can't forget Kelly Clarkson, Jennifer Hudson, Chris Daughtry, and Carrie Underwood-all are very successful. Again, who from the Voice is successful besides the judges?

Also, Adam Levine and Christina had a huge fight behind the scenes during season 2-he called her the "C" word and he stormed off the set, while she demanded that he be fired.

Old 01-10-2013, 03:55 AM

4,472 posts, read 3,828,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Cowgirl View Post
He's a real sweetie. I wonder if he will stay on after the meltdown this week with the Diva and the Devil.
Here's one of his most famous crossover songs -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgpOGLXVHKk

That's it for me. I won't watch Ugly Housewives of MTV screaming at each other. This show has officially jumped the shark and surpassed Jerry Springer in bad taste and manipulating the audience. If I were one of the contestants on AI this year, I'd get myself kicked off. It's going to be miserable with those two on the show. I make my kids turn off the TV when there's that kind of screaming and vulgarity. I hope other parents are as smart.

Then again, Honey Boo Boo is still on the air!

Is THIS really what Hollywood thinks of us? Housewives, Boo Boo, Minaj v Mariah...? Springer used to be the exception. Now his old show looks tame.

Maybe it's time for a campaign to Turn off the TV for a Month!
The executive producer already said that he will not show that incident on the actual show, due to it being a family show. He doesn't want it to take away from the contestant focus and didn't like that they did that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV