U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2012, 05:26 PM

3,074 posts, read 4,420,051 times

Advertisements

Have you noticed that it is almost impossible to record all the good TV programs on Sundays during the regular season ? I know there are ways to get it all, but when Sundays are jammed up, it leaves nothing for the rest of the week unless you are into the sit-com scene.
How would you like to see things spread out ?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2012, 07:07 PM

3,969 posts, read 5,169,805 times
Well...if they would get rid of sports programming that runs late into regular show time would help! No, never watch sports!

Old 06-15-2012, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee W. View Post
Well...if they would get rid of sports programming that runs late into regular show time would help! No, never watch sports!
What is maddening about the overtime in the games is it causes TIVO to miss the ending of prime time programs, whether you like sports or not, it screws everything up.

Old 06-16-2012, 01:11 AM

474 posts, read 606,272 times
The only good show that I can think of that is on Sunday's is Falling Skies, and that is on during the summer.

Old 06-16-2012, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazertrek50 View Post
The only good show that I can think of that is on Sunday's is Falling Skies, and that is on during the summer.
I like Mad Men & The Killing. Also like GOT and Nurse Jackie and The Good Wife.

Old 06-16-2012, 11:09 AM

16,510 posts, read 20,019,350 times
Falling Skies begins again tomorrow June 17...
Home | Falling Skies

ShowTime & a few other channels are FREE this weekend on DirecTV...

Old 06-16-2012, 12:58 PM

3,969 posts, read 5,169,805 times
Once Upon A Time
The Good Wife
I don't see why they can't just tape the overtime part of those idiotic games and show the rest after the news.

Old 06-16-2012, 01:53 PM

37,780 posts, read 67,430,097 times
I can't think of anything I watch on TV on Sundays except ... sports. To each their own.

As for long-running sports programming, Google these words: NBC Heidi.

Old 06-16-2012, 02:35 PM

7,008 posts, read 6,534,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawporri View Post
Have you noticed that it is almost impossible to record all the good TV programs on Sundays during the regular season ? I know there are ways to get it all, but when Sundays are jammed up, it leaves nothing for the rest of the week unless you are into the sit-com scene.
How would you like to see things spread out ?
I know what you mean. All of my favorite shows are usually scheduled on Sunday and then it's slim pickings throughout the rest of the week. I don't watch sitcoms either.

Sunday night is the only night that guarantees a single large viewing audience since most people are home that evening getting ready for work/school on Monday. After Sunday night the TV audience is fragmented and most people DVR shows throughout the week to watch at their leisure which also enables them to fast-forward through commercials. The Hollywood bigwigs don't like that. So they jam all their best shows into Sunday night.

I miss the 80s-90s when there was always something decent to watch most every day of the week, even on Friday. Remember must-see TV Thursday nights? Now there's nothing good to watch on Thursdays anymore.

Old 06-16-2012, 06:46 PM

10,158 posts, read 10,533,780 times
I do agree that the stations jam all their best shows on Sunday night. In addition, the now rare TV movie special, such as Jesse Stone, seems to be on Sundays too. In addition to the above mentioned shows, I watch Masterpiece and usually the show on just before it on PBS, also airing on Sundays. It seems to me that Wednesdays are the second most likely night to air the heavies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV