Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2013, 12:34 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,406,940 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BU191433 View Post
Can I ask a dumb question. I am really curious. Why does Lil Jon wear the sunglasses all the time. I am not looking to be critical, I am just curious.

I read that he has a deal with Oakley, which pays him to wear their glasses.

I also read that he's self-conscious about the way his eyes look -- that he thinks he's sort of bug-eyed. Maybe he started wearing sunglasses for that reason and then Oakley stepped in and made him an offer.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2013, 12:39 PM

313 posts, read 401,948 times
I felt bad about Penn not winning. I think he deserved it. He's performed excellently on all the tasks so far.

On the last challenge, his ice cream was more popular (sounded good too), his 60 sec spot was far superior and focused on the product, and his presentation was superb. He raised almost as much money on this last task.

I think this was DT giving Penn a big eff you. Poor Penn & his team. I wanted to see Penn vs Lil Jon who I have grown to really like. Lil Jon, Lisa, and Brandi all handled themselves very well on the show.

Old 05-20-2013, 01:47 PM

4,829 posts, read 8,722,463 times
Does anyone else think that DJT has the winner chosen before the season even has a chance to begin?

Also, how much did Trace's ice cream bring in? I heard when Ivanka said how much Penn's brought in $500K+, but when Joan said how much Trace's brought it, there was a skip so I never got to hear how much he brought in.

Old 05-20-2013, 02:02 PM

The answer to your first question has been posted in the last 24 hours.

Trace raised $564,000 and Penn raised $503,655.

I bought both kinds of ice cream and couldnt even eat Trace's. Macadamia nuts in vanilla ice cream may sound appetizing but it's not (to me, anyway). In contrast, Penn's swirl ice cream was delicious.

Old 05-20-2013, 02:04 PM

I found one of the things that Penn said/wrote about Trump that upset Trump so much:

"Donald Trump just does what he wants, which is mostly pontificating to people who are sucking up to him, while the network people try to manipulate him into making the highest-rated show they can."

Old 05-20-2013, 02:12 PM

15,701 posts, read 17,032,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFW46 View Post
I found one of the things that Penn said/wrote about Trump that upset Trump so much:

"Donald Trump just does what he wants, which is mostly pontificating to people who are sucking up to him, while the network people try to manipulate him into making the highest-rated show they can."
Sounds spot on to me.

Old 05-20-2013, 02:59 PM

313 posts, read 401,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFW46 View Post

Ah, Penn hit too close to home for DT and his puffy overblown self. In this case, Trace was smarter for keeping his mouth shut!

No question this whole thing is rigged. When they went on and on last night about it's real and not rigged. That was a clear sign it is. They doth protest too much, methinks.

Old 05-20-2013, 03:08 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,524,670 times
It was odd how Trace suddenly chimed up at one of the last boardroom meetings, when for the last few tasks he had been about as active a participant as the person in the casket at a funeral is. There, but not really.

If they wanted a viral video mashup, they should have taken Gary Busey's twist and combined it with his "barking" dog! That would have been hilarious!

Old 05-20-2013, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvcatnip View Post
Ah, Penn hit too close to home for DT and his puffy overblown self. In this case, Trace was smarter for keeping his mouth shut!

No question this whole thing is rigged. When they went on and on last night about it's real and not rigged. That was a clear sign it is. They doth protest too much, methinks.

According to what I found on the internet, that wasnt the worst thing that Penn said/wrote about Trump.

I was surprised by Penn's agreeing, so wholeheartedly, with Trump about the show's not being rigged. I'm sure he did that to improve his chances of winning. I wonder what he's saying today.

Old 05-20-2013, 03:22 PM

10,027 posts, read 9,496,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzymystic View Post
It was odd how Trace suddenly chimed up at one of the last boardroom meetings, when for the last few tasks he had been about as active a participant as the person in the casket at a funeral is. There, but not really.

If they wanted a viral video mashup, they should have taken Gary Busey's twist and combined it with his "barking" dog! That would have been hilarious!
I agree, The last task, Trace looked and sounded just like he did back when he was first on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV