U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2013, 06:23 PM

12,349 posts, read 14,701,434 times

Advertisements

This Sunday, the History Channel premiers Vikings. Finally, history, on the History Channel!

Vikings - Episodes, Video & Schedule - History.com
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2013, 09:11 PM

12,349 posts, read 14,701,434 times
VERY good! Great episode and looking forward to the series.

Old 03-03-2013, 09:31 PM

19,943 posts, read 15,391,403 times
Methinks it might be more factual than the Bible miniseries. I watched Vikings...wasn't bad.

Old 03-03-2013, 11:17 PM

10,139 posts, read 10,509,856 times
I thought it was going to be a documentary. I didn't realize it was a scripted drama. I'll keep watching for a while, especially since I don't know too much about this subject.

Old 03-04-2013, 07:46 AM

1,423 posts, read 3,250,977 times
It was pretty good i liked it. the main character looks so much like Charlie Hunnan from Sons of Anarchy. come to find out they are both Aussie's.
Will keep watching.

Old 03-04-2013, 08:50 AM

9,238 posts, read 21,112,632 times
I'll give it a chance. If it ends up being heavier on history than on interpersonal drama, I'll stick with it. If it ends up being a medieval Norse soap, I'm out.

Old 03-04-2013, 09:21 AM

29,598 posts, read 71,637,126 times
I thought it was kind of boring and did not seem to depict what I understand life was like at the time (people were too clean, well groomed and well dressed. Building interiors too nice. I do not think they are going for realism here, but if the are just going for drama it needs to move faster. I give a b-/C+ this week. Not sure whether i will watch it again. they showed the highlights of next weeks show and it did not look all that interesting. A lot of hype for a decent, but not really exciting show.

Old 03-04-2013, 09:58 AM

Did they ever say where they are located? I missed the first couple of minutes.

I was confused because they were talking about doing raids in the West vs. the East. They were telling the main guy that there was nothing to the West but ocean. But if they were in Scandinavia, then England, Ireland and Iceland would be to the West, and we know there were lots of Viking raids and settlements there. But they made it sound like their choices were only East to Russia, or West to open seas.
I'm guessing the main guy will eventually "discover" Greenland or North America, but I wanted to know if they'd been through England, Ireland, and Iceland yet.

Old 03-04-2013, 01:25 PM

24,466 posts, read 21,995,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TracySam View Post
Did they ever say where they are located? I missed the first couple of minutes.

I was confused because they were talking about doing raids in the West vs. the East. They were telling the main guy that there was nothing to the West but ocean. But if they were in Scandinavia, then England, Ireland and Iceland would be to the West, and we know there were lots of Viking raids and settlements there. But they made it sound like their choices were only East to Russia, or West to open seas.
I'm guessing the main guy will eventually "discover" Greenland or North America, but I wanted to know if they'd been through England, Ireland, and Iceland yet.
Shoot, I missed the first episode. I don't have VOD with this Direct TV either. Oh, how I miss my FIOS.

I think that's what the discovery will be...the UK. Then they find Iceland and then North America I do believe.

LOL, this 2nd generation Viking knows so little about her descendents for Norsk land. My bad. All I know is Leif Ericksen discovered NA and not Christopher Columbus but unfortunatly the Vikings couldn't make a go of it so Columbus got the credit.

Old 03-04-2013, 01:46 PM

Tami, I think you and I must have the same taste in TV. I only have like 4 "fiction/drama" TV shows I watch, and you're also into at least 3 of them! It would be funny if you also watched The Americans.

American Horror Story
The Walking Dead
The Americans
and now, Vikings

either that, or you watch every TV show, and these are the only 3 forums I've joined
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV