Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Did you like how Lost Season Finale played out?
Yes 27 42.86%
No 23 36.51%
It was just OK 13 20.63%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2010, 10:23 AM

2,029 posts, read 4,038,108 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
That's a great theory, Fishy! I can see that happening. Sawyer with his deep, dark inner psyche and Jack being the do-gooder.
I can kind of see Jack as the future Jacob but I just can't see Sawyer as the future MIB. Didn't Ilana say that the MIB was now stuck in Locke's likeness for good? IMO through out the seasons the greatest conflict of characters has been between Jack and Locke. I refuse to believe Sawyer is that dark. I won't, I won't, I won't! Whew, needed to get that out!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2010, 10:24 AM

4,975 posts, read 11,695,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankinscotland View Post
You get previews of next week's episode? Guess they do that on ABC? They don't do it in the UK on Sky.
Yes, ABC showed a preview of a Richard episode for next week. Looks exciting!

Old 03-17-2010, 10:33 AM

2,015 posts, read 3,380,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemaine View Post
I should learn not to read this thread until I've seen our latest episode! Ours is on Fridays.

Old 03-17-2010, 10:35 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,195,706 times
Quote:
You get previews of next week's episode? Guess they do that on ABC? They don't do it in the UK on Sky.
You don't get previews of next week's shows over there? How long have you been away from home (US)? Don't you remember they do that for all shows?

Old 03-17-2010, 10:37 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,195,706 times
Quote:
I should learn not to read this thread until I've seen our latest episode! Ours is on Fridays.
Ha-ha, yank, but you just can not help yourself from reading, right?

Old 03-17-2010, 10:56 AM

2,212 posts, read 5,152,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemaine View Post
I know! I watched the previews and they made it sound like the bulk of next week will be devoted to Richard. It's about time...and I think his storyline is going to be a big one. I also noticed that he was making a model of a ship similar to the one that Jacob and the MIB saw on the horizon. Perhaps he was a sailor in the East India Trading Company (thus bringing that ship on the horizon and the Ben-as-a-teacher storyline full circle). I also noticed that he will say next week, "This island is not what you think it is." Hmmm...

BTW, as I was watching this week and reflecting back on the season so far, one theme I've noticed is that the "Candidates" don't seem to have great lives when they arrived safely at LAX. Kate is on the run, Sawyer is still a con-man but has no one who cares about him, Jack is still struggling with his daddy issues, Jin and Sun are well on their way to a divorce and Sun is still pretending that she doesn't speak English. The only one who's life really stinks in both worlds is Sayid. The only one who seems to be doing fine in both is Hurley.

Seems to me that Jacob's touching them and bringing them to the island turned their lives around for the better. Yes, I know that they're stuck there and some pretty terrifying things have happened, but compared to what they're doing in the "we didn't crash" world, they have evolved into better people on the Island.

Old 03-17-2010, 11:02 AM

Quote:
You don't get previews of next week's shows over there? How long have you been away from home (US)? Don't you remember they do that for all shows?
Vaguely. Been away 10 years.

Old 03-17-2010, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Ha-ha, yank, but you just can not help yourself from reading, right?
No, I can't!

Old 03-17-2010, 11:20 AM

9,444 posts, read 17,382,313 times
Is it me, or did Sawyer reach a brand new level of hotness in last night's episode?

Old 03-17-2010, 11:28 AM

6,025 posts, read 15,344,644 times
awesome episode. gotta love a shirtless Sawyer with badge (let me pause for one second as I replay that image in my mind again...). Seeing Sawyer still struggle w/ this issue makes me wonder if Jacob ever visited him in this "alt time line" like he did in the Island one. He and Kate were the youngest Losties Jacob visited and the only ones he visited pre-70's bomb blow up. I missed a few minutes towards the end, when he was showing Miles his folder, so I wasn't sure if Sawyer had written the letter or not (or course, he's not "Sawyer" in that life, but I can't really call him "Jim" yet either). the more this season continues, the more they're showing us that the bomb didn't just screw up stuff post-70's (assuming the bomb is the true cause of the flash sideways). how far back do these changes go? oh, and I really despise Charlotte! seriously, girl went snooping through his private stuff and she had the nerve to get pissy hen he came to apologize?

I am now 100% fully conflicted on whether to somewhat trust Flocke or not. I doubt he's the "evil incarnate" Dogen had him portrayed as. you could tell the writers put in that scene of Flocke comforting Zack and Emma just to f*ck w/ our minds on whether to believe him or not. if his motive is really just to get off this Island, I don't see how that makes him evil, though his methods are very questionable. but let's ask ourselves, if what Flocke said is true, that is life was in some kind of danger and it was a "them-or-me" situation, how does that make Flocke any different from our Losties? they did blow up and kill quite a few Others after all. anyways *MAJOR SPOILER ALERT!!
Spoiler
I heard rumors we may be getting a MIB/Jacob flashback this season showing them as kids and adults in the early AD, so that should give us some answers, hopefully

I LOVED the scene where Flocke just picks up Claire like a doll and tosses her! That whole thing w/ Kate talking to Sayid was creepy.did he know Claire was going to kill Kate? did a part of him want to stop it? I wonder if Flocke knows what is up w/ Sayid or is it something separate from him (Flocke claims Claire is just crazy, but Dogen said she was "taken". who's right?). nice to see Crazy Claire could take Kate in a fight (granted, it was an unfair fight). a part of me was waiting for Claire to stab Kate in the back during that hug. not sure when is Kate going to tell Claire that Claire's mom has Aaron.

still not sure what to think of Widmore. I think it was his people that killed the other Ajira passengers. I think he's working on his own side, neither Jacob's or Flocke's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV