Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2013, 04:26 PM

9,153 posts, read 9,510,249 times

Advertisements

Anyone see this new baking competition on CBS? I tuned to to see Jeff Foxworthy, but so far he's pretty boring.

I kinda like seeing what everyone makes, but it's not alot of fun watching other people taste food. I think this will get real old real fast.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2013, 10:13 PM

3,086 posts, read 7,621,696 times
I watched it. Foxworthy to me is an acquired 'taste' and I already like him, so I found him entertaining.

I liked the fact that none are professional bakers and seemed to be much more real than most of the contestants on other cooking shows. I also liked how they had three rounds and the judges made their decisions including all of them

I did not like the amount of time given though, some things are just not going to be made successfully in 2 hours. If you are expected to make your own crust and you have a pie that takes an hour to bake, you are almost set up to fail from the start.

I found it interesting to see all the variations of pies. And since they were all pies, unlike the other shows where they could be doing all kinds of foods, it seemed a more balanced way to judge. At least to me. haha

Old 06-01-2013, 10:29 PM

4,884 posts, read 5,022,191 times
I watched it on a whim and will watch again. I mean the look on the male judges face when he was told peanut butter, chocolate and bacon would be the ingredents of one pie, then the look on his face when he tasted it.
I have picked the one I like the least already. Brian, the one with the hurt leg.

Old 06-02-2013, 06:59 AM

There's something about Brian I don't like at all. I guess my favorite would be Elaine. Felt bad for her 1st pie. Then she came thru with the tartlets.

Old 06-03-2013, 02:18 AM

4,922 posts, read 8,582,900 times
I finally watched the DVR I had and really enjoyed it. I liked the judges, I love Foxworty, and I enjoyed that at this point anyway, the contestants seemed to like each other. I enjoyed hearing them talk to each other without being catty (Natasha on Masterchef) or rude and f-bombing (anyone on Hell's Kitchen). I like the girl who made the bacon, chocolate pie. I'll keep watching.

My only question is why are they baking in a tent in a field? That must have been fun running water and electricity out there...

Old 06-03-2013, 07:41 AM

10,195 posts, read 11,180,307 times
I found this show a bit boring. How many baking/cooking shows are there, with the same scenario?

Old 06-03-2013, 11:18 AM

3,086 posts, read 7,621,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torn2pieces View Post
I found this show a bit boring. How many baking/cooking shows are there, with the same scenario?
I guess it depends on how you define same scenario.

There really isn't another show that does JUST baking. Even Top Chef:Just Desserts included far more than baking. Now, if this show goes into the intricate sugar decorations etc, then they won't be just baking either.

There isn't another show, that I've seen, where all the contestants are not professionals. The Taste had both pro and amateur.

While, I certainly haven't watched all the other cooking shows, I'm not aware of any that have the contestants complete 3 different tasks before an elimination is done.

Those 3 things set it apart enough for me, to start with. We'll see where it goes from here though. lol

Old 06-05-2013, 06:04 PM

Gonna try watching this one more time.

Absolutely nothing else but reruns on the rest of tonight so I had to run to the library and pick up season 2 of Burn Notice that I had on hold and just came in. I'm set!

Old 06-05-2013, 08:00 PM

The girl didn't know that adding extra liquid to a cookie would completely change the texture? She deserved to go home. But the girl who puts glitter on everything does too. Her product looks hideous. I don't remember seeing anything of hers that was attractive.

Old 06-06-2013, 01:37 AM

4,922 posts, read 8,582,900 times
I really like how the judges interract with the contestants. They really seem to genuinely want to help these bakers. I do agree that Kollette (? Ms. Glitter) should have gone home instead of Whitney. However, those were the most "unusual" looking s'mores I think I've ever seen. I also didn't know you could make marshmallows at home or the history of the Graham cracker. I really enjoyed tonight's episode.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV