Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2013, 05:32 PM

2,288 posts, read 3,238,540 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
This show is hilarious, its only new comedy that I look forward to. The other new comedies are forced humor.
I was going to post why does it come on so late but I see what CBS has done.
They made Monday's comedy night.

Have you seen The Millers? Its my top pick from all the new sitcoms I've seen, loved it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2013, 06:59 AM

14,611 posts, read 17,557,555 times
Well, "Mom" has aired 7 episodes now, and ratings were up from episode #6. It looks like TVBYTHE NUMBERS has bumped it up to "likely to be renewed".

The show has some real moments. It deserves to stay on TV, as I think it will grow on me. It looks like CBS will maintain 7 comedies for next year.

We Are Men* canceled
How I Met Your Mother final season

Mom - NEW
Two and a Half Men
2 Broke Girls
The Crazy Ones -NEW
The Millers - NEW
Mike and Molly
The Big Bang Theory

Last edited by PacoMartin; 11-08-2013 at 07:39 AM..

Old 11-08-2013, 07:55 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,518,175 times
It likely being renewed or is?
I am hoping it stays this show is hilarious. Allison Janney who plays 'Bonnie' deserves best supporting actress in a comedy, she cracks me up. She not only delivers lines that cracks me up she has no problem acting silly too.
Like last week she stuck her head out of the car window because she was having a hot flash and her hair was flying in her face then 'Christy played by Anna Faris told her to get in the car because she looks like a labordoodle. It was hilarious.

I like how Christie and Bonnie are great responding funny with each other but also funny with whoever they encounter and I hope they continue bringing in characters for episodes to keep the show fresh.
I like the perv cook in kitchen too. Bonnie said her body is numb from neck down then goes "So the head is still in play".

Her son 'Roscoe' is funny 'Violet' is alright maybe she will get better later on her BF Luke does better acting in a comedy.

Its weird, I have hopes for Christy and cute Adam and want things to work out.

I like how Anna and Allison play off each other well, I also like how the show is building off the previous episode to by starting the show 'Previously on Mom'. This gives idea there is a direction.

I was on vacation three weeks ago and this only new comedy show this season I look forward to, the others I removed from DVR.
Even though I have 'Mom' on DVR I gotta watch it live and watch it again the next day. It put me in such a good mood.

Old 11-08-2013, 08:46 AM

Quote:
It likely being renewed or is?
Very popular shows are renewed this early in the season. The talent is not worried about a job next year.

Mom is the lowest rated comedy on CBS. That means it is higher rated than any NBC comedy, and is about comparable to ABC comedies that are routinely renewed. But CBS has tougher standards.

CBS is unlikely to make a final decision about renewing Mom until next spring, possibly as late as May.

Old 11-08-2013, 09:37 AM

I just look it up and looks like a full season. Im sure with departure of How I Met Your Mother, I cant imagine it being canceled.
I just hope it gets an earlier time slot as 9:30 is what keeping its rating on the low end.
Maybe bump it up an hour it's next season.
2013-14 TV Renewal/Cancellation Scorecard - Metacritic

Old 11-08-2013, 10:01 AM

Quote:
I just look it up and looks like a full season. Im sure with departure of How I Met Your Mother, I cant imagine it being canceled.
One of the best ways to look at a show is how much money they are getting for an advertisement. It is much rarer for CBS to cancel a show after a few episodes, like they did with "We are Men". NBC cancels shows frequently with only a few episodes.

But according to ad age, Mom is getting $139K per TV ad, while "We are Men" was getting $137K.

On the other hand, "Mom" is a Chuck Lorre show. He had never had a show fail in his life. The corporation is probably much more likely to give him a long term chance to tweak the show and attract an audience.

It's complicated to predict. Parks and Recreation brings NBC only $78K per commercial, but it also has a lot of awards. So it is more likely to stay on the air than Michael J. Fox show which gets $96K per commercial.

Old 11-08-2013, 01:28 PM

5,120 posts, read 16,597,080 times
Love this show. It's better than this season of "Two Broke Girls"--which I really like. I'm only able to record it because it's on later. I hope they don't move it to an earlier timeslot. I'm recording 4 shows on Monday nights.

Old 11-14-2013, 07:01 AM

1,484 posts, read 2,258,784 times
I like this show a lot too. I like how she called herself "Christ-ee" when her bosses wife corrected the pronunciation of her name "Claudia" to "Cloud-ee-uh" LOL. I think its funny and cute, look forward to it every week. I like it better than 2 Broke Girls.

Spoiler
I am disappointed she ended things with Adam though!

Old 11-14-2013, 08:08 AM

Same here, I was hoping things would have worked out between her and Adam too.
I didnt like the mustache and beird on him it didnt look good almost seem fake lol.
If I would guess base on the under lying story is she working on getting her life back on track and probably be end of this season she back with her ugly husband but I hope not.

Old 11-14-2013, 08:37 AM

I think the renewal of this show is going to depend on money. The ratings are a little low, and TVBYTHENUMBERS has returned it to the "likely to be cancelled" category.

But Chuck Lorre is worth $600 million and is a powerful force at CBS.

(1) Mike and Molly won't last long because Melissa McCarthy can now earn far more making one movie than she can making an entire year of the sitcom. She will leave the show as soon as she can contractually get out. That may be at the end of this season, or possibly a 13 episode arc in season 5.

(2) Two and Half Men may be cancelled after this year. Although the ratings are still high, they are slipping, and the salaries are the highest in TV. Ashton Kutcher would leave for movies rather than take a salary cut.

(3) The Big Bang Theory will enter skyrocketing salaries for next year. I am betting that they sign a 3 year contract.

(4) Two Broke Girls (now in it's 3rd season) will last for at least 5 seasons, and syndication rights are already being sold.

(5) Mom may simply get the benefit of the doubt. But a lot will depend on the empire in total.

I like that "Mom" is comedy appealing to older people. I personally would like to see the show develop an audience.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV