Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2006, 10:08 PM

922 posts, read 1,910,454 times

Advertisements

I watched date line tonite. to catch a sex predator. im stunned to see this show again! guys trying to meet with minors on the internet. how many sickos are out there? in the old days i would say "get a rope". this may not be the #1 priority in this country but this has got to stop! words fail me,shocked, amazed, disgusted, are to weak of words. im sure im not alone on this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2006, 10:52 PM

2,408 posts, read 14,401,124 times
Does Dateline air anything else anymore? It used to be a newsmagazine show with a wide variety of stories like Primetime and 20/20. Now, it seems like every time I tune in, they're having one of their sex predator stings.

Old 12-01-2006, 10:54 PM

1,394 posts, read 4,173,518 times
I feel the same way, these people must be sick, and they have to be stopped. I have a 12 year old daughter and very protective of her, but I would hate to see something like that happen in my home.
The guy wouldn't be alive if I ever got ahold of him, they need to lock these guys up, because they have caught some of them more then once. I think Date Line does a good job of reporting what happens here in america.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark6052 View Post
I watched date line tonite. to catch a sex predator. im stunned to see this show again! guys trying to meet with minors on the internet. how many sickos are out there? in the old days i would say "get a rope". this may not be the #1 priority in this country but this has got to stop! words fail me,shocked, amazed, disgusted, are to weak of words. im sure im not alone on this.

Old 12-01-2006, 10:59 PM

Location: Georgia.I rather be in GODS country Tennessee.Everybody knows Gods a VOLS fan.
597 posts, read 2,082,065 times
The really sad thing is how children get roped in on the internet.It's up to the parents to drill it in their childrens heads that there are some sick people out there.

Old 12-01-2006, 11:09 PM

454 posts, read 907,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark6052 View Post
I have no problem pitching in to upgrade to rope to barbed wire.

Along with these perv guys, however, you also have to look at the sad fact that there are 12ish year old girls out there who are making themselves available for the predator (not the dateline stings of course). What has happened to our society where at 12 years old, girls are trying to act like fully mature women. What ever happened to just being a girl?

Old 12-02-2006, 12:09 AM

6,588 posts, read 17,561,136 times
Default They come from all walks of life!

All kinds of guys have been caught. For example, a rabbi??! Wow.

Then there are the guys who know about Dateline's series on this, and yet they still go trolling for young girls!!! What the heck...?!

I don't understand what a fully grown, supposedly mature man would see in a 12 or 13-year-old! Can't they get women their own age? If that isn't possible, can't they go to a prostitute? Their minds are so warped and perverted, and what's worse is that studies have shown that the rates of recidivism are high for convicted sex offenders. It's as if once their minds are warped in that direction, they're warped forever. It's disgusting and also very sad.

Old 12-02-2006, 03:22 AM

2,909 posts, read 14,094,055 times
I saw that program a couple months back. Its amazing how perverse some of them are! They of course claim they had no "impure" intentions and just met to say hello and chat. One guy's reason to visit her was "she told me she was home alone and I came to protect her" If he didnt have any ulterior motives, he just exercised bad judgement rather than commit an offense. What he could have said: "If you hate being alone, bring a friend your age(if shes 13, bring a 13 year old friend) or ask your parents to hire a nanny for you."

The cops need proof of those guys impure intentions. What if they are actually telling the truth and that the "proof" such as a cyberchat never took place but was fabricated? Some of those guys dont look like perverts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by the dufferz View Post
I have no problem pitching in to upgrade to rope to barbed wire.

Along with these perv guys, however, you also have to look at the sad fact that there are 12ish year old girls out there who are making themselves available for the predator (not the dateline stings of course). What has happened to our society where at 12 years old, girls are trying to act like fully mature women. What ever happened to just being a girl?
Could be undercover(some 40 year old cop) If its a real 12, 13, 14, 15 year old, they are just immature and dont understand or perhaps bored. Its legal to chat, keep it G rated and dont say anything risque or give personal information. Also dont ask for the minor's phone number or address! If they want you to visit, its best to just decline. If you accept, definately ask the parents permission and keep it G rated!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyCo View Post
All kinds of guys have been caught. For example, a rabbi??! Wow.

Then there are the guys who know about Dateline's series on this, and yet they still go trolling for young girls!!! What the heck...?!

I don't understand what a fully grown, supposedly mature man would see in a 12 or 13-year-old! Can't they get women their own age? If that isn't possible, can't they go to a prostitute? Their minds are so warped and perverted, and what's worse is that studies have shown that the rates of recidivism are high for convicted sex offenders. It's as if once their minds are warped in that direction, they're warped forever. It's disgusting and also very sad.

Maybe they wish they had a little sister? Or maybe they just want a young friend? Would you agree its legal if they keep it G rated and keep their hands to themselves. Prostitution is illegal and both the prostitute and all the "customers" should go to jail. If they have any sick intentions, they should be seeking help, see a shrink. I believe in abstinence and have no desires to do the higher bases, if I did or knew someone that did, a psychologist season is in order.

Old 12-02-2006, 05:39 AM

54 posts, read 311,325 times
I couldn't believe how stupid these men are that they would risk their careers, I saw the program where the guy was a doctor! another one was a career military guy! To think they would be interested in a 12 yr old girl. They diserve what they get.

Old 12-02-2006, 06:16 AM

5,297 posts, read 6,294,835 times
I didn't see the show,all I know is there are alot of sickos out there.

Old 12-02-2006, 08:32 AM

338 posts, read 1,446,661 times
Exclamation 20/20 last night

last night on 20/20 they had the McDonald's Strip Search issue...where someone would call a fast food joint and says he is a police officer--the people at this mcDonald's in kentucky had this poor girl strip...they then brought in others...one was the fiance of the manager...it was horrible! This poor girl was begging for help...even two or three others came in to "watch" her (naked) and they didn't agree with it so they left...but they never called the police or reported it...thye just said they didn't want to be a aprt of it. I guess if you google it it comes up because that was how the Police finally nabbed the man who was calling these places. I just felt so sorry for this young girl...there are so many perverted people out there...the scarey part being they are ADULTS that we trust with our kids! The closing comment on 20/20 was ..."we are a society that encourages our kids to sit on the lap of a strange man in the mall" (Santa)...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV