Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-26-2022, 07:41 AM

28,988 posts, read 30,403,560 times

Advertisements

A really suspenseful movie was "The Good Nurse", another one that was done well, but because it was a true story, of which I remember it happening....it was difficult to watch.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2022, 08:11 AM

3,393 posts, read 2,010,570 times
Hubby and I just found Kim's Convenience about a Korean family running a small shop in Toronto. We're only in the first season and so far there is no political stuff which is a relief. Hope it stays that way for the rest of the seasons - I think there are five.
If anyone can recommend other shows that are non-political, let me know.

Old 11-26-2022, 12:46 PM

37,309 posts, read 60,078,432 times
Watched the final season of Borderland — Swedish police drama w/detective who is on the spectrum
And then the movie finale Mural Murders—with the same serial murderer and other characters
The ending seems rushed becauselot of time spent at the beginning on the lead detective’s time in mental facility because of his PTSD stress from death of his wife and other issues but if you followed all the series you can see that how it ends is not really out of character for the lead…

Probably moves too slow for most viewers—but well done

Old 11-26-2022, 02:16 PM

32,944 posts, read 3,947,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
I watched "The Noel Diary" on Netflix, yesterday and thought it was nicely done....one of the better movies on Netflix with Justin Hartly from This is Us, It was just a nice story, and how our pasts can severely leave scars...but when we open new doors, and bravely walk through, we find out nothing is quit as scary as it seems.
I liked it also and watched it because Justin Hartley was in it. Another x-mas movie I saw him in was
A Bad Mom's Christmas. We get to see another side of Justin (boy, howdy!) and I thought it was delightful. Just so you know though, Bad Mom's is kinda raunchy which is a welcome change to the cheesy movies, which I also enjoy. It is funny with an adult theme.

Last edited by geebabe; 11-26-2022 at 02:48 PM..

Old 11-26-2022, 03:07 PM

8,759 posts, read 9,497,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
had me bawling like a baby....but the acting was tremendous....loved how they showed the dynamics of each interrational family and how she bought them together....I believe her acting is always suburb....apparently she lived in Italy and is married to an Italian in real life....which is why she could speak fluent Italian.

The old traditional Italian family is just like that....
The author of the memoir, Tembi Locke, remarried several years later after Saro's death, her husband whom the story is mostly about, several years later. It took her, Tembe a while to heal. I just might reas the memoir at some point for a, hopefully more realistic, in depth view of events that took place.

Here is one of dozens of post stories about the real life person the story was based on:

https://www.distractify.com/p/tembi-locke-now

with new hubby
https://thecinemaholic.com/did-tembi...husband-today/

Old 11-26-2022, 07:06 PM

20,714 posts, read 16,477,147 times
Just started watching Wednesday...cute and a little snarky and dark. I really like how expressive Thing is!

Old 11-26-2022, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
Just started watching Wednesday...cute and a little snarky and dark. I really like how expressive Thing is!
I tried but couldn't get into it at all.....do not like the whole concept of it all....

Old 11-26-2022, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geebabe View Post
I liked it also and watched it because Justin Hartley was in it. Another x-mas movie I saw him in was
A Bad Mom's Christmas. We get to see another side of Justin (boy, howdy!) and I thought it was delightful. Just so you know though, Bad Mom's is kinda raunchy which is a welcome change to the cheesy movies, which I also enjoy. It is funny with an adult theme.
I was very surprised at the writing, thought it would be as you say, another cheesy movie, but it held my interest....

Old 11-26-2022, 09:22 PM

42,812 posts, read 26,490,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
Agree and agree. Watched Where The Crawdads Sing last night. Loved it. A very, very well done, high-quality film. The story, scenery, characters. Should be nominated for something. May be why it was released so late in the year - getting near Academy Award time.
That was a lovely movie, I enjoyed every minute of it

Old 11-26-2022, 11:21 PM

29,541 posts, read 22,845,697 times
Finished the second episode of the Pepsi harrier jet documentary.

Immensely entertaining that features the main players from that time period. There are some very colorful characters and it made me laugh on multiple occasions.

There's a lot of things going on, but it all fits within the storyline and doesn't feel like unnecessary filler to me.

The third episode seems like it's going to be a little dark in some of the things they'll show.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV