U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2015, 01:22 PM
'M'

1,829 posts, read 2,743,365 times

Advertisements

IMO...this series appears to be taken from a number of the Bosch books. Love the series partly because I love LA, but also like this series and Bosch. I've only read one of the books: The Black Echo. There is a woman's name used in the Netflix series that is taken from The Black Echo. Lost Light sounds intriguing. Just checked the Michael Connelly/Harry Bosch chronology, and there are a lot more books after Lost Light. I'm gonna be busy reading...and watching, too, I hope.

Last edited by 'M'; 02-23-2015 at 01:37 PM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2015, 02:01 PM
'M'

Wondering if anyone knows the answer to this question? In the episode where Officer Brasher (Annie Wersching) - Bosch's lover - has the suspect up against the wall in the parking garage...and Bosch is in the garage approaching them, gun in hand...and I think he accidentally shoots Officer Brasher? Is this what happened? I watched that over and over trying to figure it out. I think Bosch is the one who shot Brasher, but he had been sprayed in the eyes with something and was having vision problems. Can anyone explain what really happened?

Old 02-23-2015, 04:04 PM

988 posts, read 894,967 times
I'll put the answer to 'M's question in spoiler tags, just in case others don't want to know. And, I agree, it was confusing as to what actually happened, I had to explain it to my husband and we rewatched it so he could see.

Spoiler
It wasn't Bosch who shot her, nor was it the suspect that she was following. When she had him up against the wall, instead of reaching for her handcuffs, she accidentally grabbed her gun and shot herself. Since she'd already been written up on two other incidents and was technically still on probation, she knew that would be the end of her career. So, she changed her story, and wanted to get Harry to agree with it, which was really silly because ballistics would prove that the suspect was not the shooter.

Old 02-23-2015, 09:27 PM
'M'

Ultraviolet3...thank you. I put my comments in the spoiler tag also.

Spoiler
Ultraviolet3...thank you so much!! This was bothering me...I thought Bosch was lying to cover himself since he couldn't see very well after having his eyes sprayed. Then, I didn't know about Brasher, either. Glad I have the answer now!!

Old 03-04-2015, 05:57 PM

4,800 posts, read 11,086,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
and the location shooting is very good--at least the way they make you THINK this is LA...
I have been pleased with this as well. Connelly makes LA an important part of his stories and it really has a feel of LA in the first few episodes I've seen so far.
It brings to mind how much LA is actually neglected as a setting in so many of the shows and movies that are set there. The city has real character and beauty to it that add to the story. Ironic how neglected it is considering the TV and movie industry is still mostly located there.

Old 03-07-2015, 09:49 PM

Location: Lakewood NJ/Murrells Inlet SC/ N. Naples FL/Swainton NJ
3,572 posts, read 5,438,789 times
It is sad to see Titus Welliver in Comcast cable ads. Hope that was in a lean time before Bosch........

Old 03-08-2015, 10:18 AM

24,025 posts, read 17,543,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmozer View Post
It is sad to see Titus Welliver in Comcast cable ads. Hope that was in a lean time before Bosch........
I think it wa a smart move on his part.
Much like JK Simmons and Dennis Haysbert in the insurance ads.
It keeps them in the public eye and puts food on the table.

Certainly makes me pay attention to the commercials when I wouldn't otherwise.

Started watching this last night, watched three episodes and I likely could have watched the entire series in one sitting had I started earlier in the day.

While it isn't groundbreaking television, it is very solid and hits all the right notes for me.
The cast is excellent, the location shots are gorgeous and it is great to see actual conversations between grown-ups that aren't over-reliant on cheap innuendoes.

Looking forward to the rest of the episodes.

Old 03-18-2015, 01:19 PM

24,025 posts, read 17,543,140 times
This has been renewed for a second season.

http://tvline.com/2015/03/18/bosch-r...ason-2-amazon/

Old 03-18-2015, 03:56 PM

9,154 posts, read 9,252,545 times
The Drop is the book you want to read if you want to compare book v. season 2. Or avoid if you hate spoilers. The Drop - Harry Bosch Wiki

And another article: http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/bo...-season-35948/

I am liking Titus Welliver, but when reading the boks, I've often imagined an American-accented, but non-limping, Hugh Laurie as Harry.

I wonder if Titus makes more playing Bosch or for doing those Comcast commercials.

Last edited by jay5835; 03-18-2015 at 04:34 PM..

Old 03-18-2015, 11:41 PM

32,128 posts, read 50,371,308 times
Kaurie is too frail for Harry Bosch IMO
I was thinking someone bigger--I think in the books when people see Harry who don't know him, they think he is big and dumb--so I would imagine someone more burly--like a younger version of Harry Gardino or a taller Peter Falk...
Liam Neeson has been playing some older bad boys lately--he would have been great...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or