Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2015, 10:30 PM

2,325 posts, read 2,651,885 times

Advertisements

I've had Amazon Prime for a while - I do a lot of streaming and also enjoy the free 2-day shipping on things I buy. It's definitely worth the price for me. I'm on episode two of Bosch now and am enjoying it. Haven't read any of the books.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2015, 12:30 AM

17,635 posts, read 22,636,672 times
Bosch is very good. I really enjoyed it...

Old 02-17-2015, 05:34 AM

3,175 posts, read 3,655,234 times
Read all the books, thought this was just okay. Blood Work was much better in my opinion.

Old 02-17-2015, 07:29 AM

Location: Lakewood NJ/Murrells Inlet SC/ N. Naples FL/Swainton NJ
4,026 posts, read 6,543,837 times
I checked online at Amazon for the Kindle books. 18 or 19 in the series? The cheapest were $5.99 for the Kindle edition. Guess I'll be checking at the local library........

Old 02-17-2015, 10:03 AM

1,635 posts, read 1,813,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by puginabug View Post
The link brings up an interview with actors, etc., from a show called Vikings. Is there another link available that brings us to Bosch?

Love the show, btw. It brings many of the elements of the books alive.
I did not know the link was to the interviewer personality...

Try this link... "IMDb: What to Watch" Bosch (TV Episode 2015) - IMDb

...it goes to the Bosch page. Scroll down a bit to 'Videos | Photos' and you should/might see a film clip. The interview is 7:44 minutes. You should be able to click the video link.

Old 02-17-2015, 01:16 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,862,293 times
Harry is named for Hieronymous Bosch the painter--
his mother had a print/copy of one of Bosch's works when Harry was a child and he (in the books) has a copy as well--I think it is the one about Hell but not sure
and I think but again am not certain that the painting his mother had was related in some way to Harry's father--the lawyer who was also father of the character in Lincoln Lawyer--that Connelly also created/writes about...

Both Bosches are intrigued by death, suffering/pain of the living, and the price for being human--
so guess that is something Connelly wanted to stress with his character by giving him a unique name

Old 02-17-2015, 02:50 PM

997 posts, read 1,061,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jay5835 View Post
I was happy to see the turntable, too. Somehow, even in the latest books, Harry has stuck with CDs. I googled his turntable. It was made in 1975 by Marantz. It's an expensive vintage turntable. I don't know if I'd want to spend that much money on such an oldie.

Marantz Model 6300 turntable | eBay

The house was exactly what I thought it would be, near Mulholland and hanging over the Hollywood Freeway.
It makes so much more sense for him to love vinyl. That Marantz is a really nice turntable... we recently upgraded our audio system and I considered getting something vintage like that, but opted for something new instead.

My vision for his house was something not as contemporary - the location and view were precisely what I had in mind, but for some reason I just didn't think there would be walls of windows like that. Of course, with a view like that, how could there not be? If I recall correctly, wasn't his house condemned at one point due to earthquake damage? So, it makes sense that he would rebuild it to showcase that view.

I may go back and reread some of the books. The characters are really like old friends in an odd way.

Old 02-17-2015, 03:19 PM

Location: Lakewood NJ/Murrells Inlet SC/ N. Naples FL/Swainton NJ
4,026 posts, read 6,543,837 times
Which book is this season based on?

Old 02-17-2015, 04:54 PM

9,150 posts, read 10,892,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultraviolet3 View Post
It makes so much more sense for him to love vinyl. That Marantz is a really nice turntable... we recently upgraded our audio system and I considered getting something vintage like that, but opted for something new instead.
I always thought he should have a turntable and records, too. I just read about this new turntable from Pioneer, sort of a replacement for the Technics 1210. You can get it with a cartridge for under $699. PLX-1000 - Professional Turntable | Pioneer Electronics USA

What turntable did you buy?

Quote:
My vision for his house was something not as contemporary - the location and view were precisely what I had in mind, but for some reason I just didn't think there would be walls of windows like that. Of course, with a view like that, how could there not be?
7143 Woodrow Wilson Drive is the address of Harry Bosch's house. I always imagined something cantilevered had to be this modern. Harry Bosch's House? - MichaelConnelly.com Message Board

Quote:
If I recall correctly, wasn't his house condemned at one point due to earthquake damage? So, it makes sense that he would rebuild it to showcase that view.
The Last Coyote (1995) is the book that introduces the Northridge earthquake (January, 1994) damage that happened to Harry's house. The Last Coyote (1995) - Novels - MichaelConnelly.com

Quote:
I may go back and reread some of the books. The characters are really like old friends in an odd way.
I've reread a lot of them. I lived in Los Angeles once, and I miss it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmozer View Post
Which book is this season based on?
On the Bosch TV series wikipedia page, it says:
Quote:
The show takes its inspiration from three of Connelly's novels: City of Bones (his twelfth novel and the eighth about Bosch), Echo Park (his seventeenth novel and the twelfth about Bosch), and The Concrete Blonde (his third novel and the third about Harry Bosch).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bosch_%28TV_series%29

I heard Harry use the phrase "lost light" somewhere in Bosch. The book of that name begins where the show left off, as he resigns from the LAPD. http://www.michaelconnelly.com/novels/lostlight/ This would seem an obvious place to start up again.

Last edited by jay5835; 02-17-2015 at 05:03 PM..

Old 02-17-2015, 05:03 PM

2,078 posts, read 1,028,577 times
I read most of these books a few years ago and really liked them. The show is pretty good

Lance reddck who places chief irving is the exact actor I pictured when I was reading the books.

The house was exactly how the books described also. good show
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV