Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2015, 06:59 AM

4,362 posts, read 6,532,538 times

Advertisements

Actually the agency has succeeded as you ARE talking about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2015, 07:03 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,189,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by talloolla View Post
Does anyone else think the new Colonel for KFC is creepy? He really unnerves me.
That was my thought last time I saw the commercial.

Better check the Sex Registry.

Old 06-17-2015, 08:49 AM

5,094 posts, read 5,174,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creekcat View Post
I thought it was a joke at first. They're actually saying, "Fried", in the commercials. I thought they wanted to downplay that.

I am glad they are going back to "Kentucky FRIED Chicken" and not pushing "KFC". People like fried chicken.

Old 06-17-2015, 09:05 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,198,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mooksmom View Post
The REAL Colonel was NOT any bit an actor but sure could cook some good chicken that HAS been around a long time (like me).
This new 'edgy' Col. Sanders misses the mark in such a HUGE way...just like the BK faux King they currently use. I wouldn't eat anything from BK now if it was FREE. I DO still eat at KFC...and the crispy and FRIED chicken, never the grilled...and I'm still alive and healthy!
The need to totally REthink their commercials, though...maybe get a new ad agency??
I don't understand the At my post. I did not say the original Col. Sanders was an actor. Quite the opposite in fact. I think you ARE .

Old 06-17-2015, 09:43 AM

2,492 posts, read 3,030,800 times
I had not seen these prior to this thread. Checked them out and I disagree. They are awesome. I'm not surprised at all that they are trying to take it more down home southern americana. I was expectlng more of the BK king kind of creepiness. This might be a little hokey but I like it and it's very much inline with current themes in advertising.

Old 06-17-2015, 09:47 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,701,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaten_Drinker View Post
I am glad they are going back to "Kentucky FRIED Chicken" and not pushing "KFC". People like fried chicken.
Remember the brief stint of "Kitchen Fresh Chicken"? Nice try, KFC.

Old 06-17-2015, 10:19 AM

5,888 posts, read 6,955,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
Wrong. Col. Harland David Sanders WAS REAL. He was not an actor playing a part.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colonel_Sanders
Here is additional info on the Colonel part
Was Colonel Sanders Actually a Colonel?

Old 06-17-2015, 10:25 AM

8,793 posts, read 8,164,508 times
Darrell Hammond certainly looks the part... But he is portraying the "Colonel" as a dolt who is out of touch with reality. I have no problem with that, but I bet Sanders himself is probably spinning in his grave(y).

Old 06-17-2015, 12:16 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,897,671 times
I believe a (The) Who song summed it up perfectly..

"Meet the new boss, the same as the old boss."

Old 06-17-2015, 01:07 PM

8,357 posts, read 25,240,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiona13 View Post
The big purple guy creeped me out when I was a kid.
Well fitting in your case, "its" name is Grimace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creekcat View Post
I thought it was a joke at first. They're actually saying, "Fried", in the commercials. I thought they wanted to downplay that.
No, that is a hoax like nearly all Internet "chain mail" memes.

The real reason why they changed their name to KFC was because the State of Kentucky trade-marked the word "Kentucky" and thus anyone using that word would have to pay a licensing fee. Considering how large the franchise is, that would have been one hefty fee.

KFC and the State of Kentucky struck a deal in 2006 to allow KFC to begin using the word "Kentucky" again free of charge.

So no, it had nothing to do with mutant chickens or the public's desire to be more health conscience. I mean, logically, anyone with half a brain could tell the chicken was fried and did that stop sales? Nope.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV