Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-17-2015, 02:07 PM

1,873 posts, read 4,236,871 times

Advertisements

I thought that spitting in the face was disgusting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2015, 07:59 PM

6,904 posts, read 7,605,159 times
Well, that culture might think that kissing is disgusting. Which it is, if you think about it. So is shaking hands with a stranger - who knows where your hands have been?

In watching the show the mother of the mother/son pair really reminded me of something, but I couldn't think what. But now I know! Watch the movie Sunset Boulevard. Don't you think that mother looks like Gloria Swanson as the aging actress in that movie? "Mr. DeMille - I'm ready for my close-up!"

Old 10-17-2015, 09:36 PM

1,603 posts, read 3,250,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonasW View Post
Yeah Team Hipster-haircuts is too focused on Team Green. It will be their downfall. Victoria falls is amazing.
Those guys aren't hipsters. I live in Asheville, NC - we're lousy with hipsters. These two buffoons remind me of "bros".

I'm kind of digging on the reporters. Still no one team is standing out as a clear favorite for me.

Old 10-18-2015, 07:29 AM

4,882 posts, read 5,014,802 times
What a, as Pippy says, STUPID mistake, of epic proportions. Blindly using the Express Pass like that. Karma has a way of slapping you around and buddy she batch slap them. Good thing, they needed to be brought back down to Earth. I wonder if they can say the next team to arrive or do they have to name a team? If it was the end of the leg no problem, they were checked in and could stay and name the next team to arrive, as the one to get the Express Pass. But they're still racing, they over thought this. Karma again has reared her ugly head here. They had the right idea, the next team to finish behind them would get the Express Pass, but AFAIK, they didn't let the other teams know this. If they can't do this oh well, time to make some people mad. Go ahead name the team and continue racing, hoping that team you named, arrives without another team with them at the check-in.

Old 10-18-2015, 10:54 AM

5,066 posts, read 2,860,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halo_in_reverse View Post
Those guys aren't hipsters. I live in Asheville, NC - we're lousy with hipsters. These two buffoons remind me of "bros".

I'm kind of digging on the reporters. Still no one team is standing out as a clear favorite for me.
Just the haircuts. They are definitely dude-bros but the haircuts are hipster 101 right now.

Old 10-19-2015, 09:16 AM

1,899 posts, read 2,264,002 times
The suspense was building towards the U-Turn, but when I realized it hadn't come up yet, and there were less than ten minutes left in the episode, it was pretty clear that it would be a continuation episode.

The racers don't know it's a continuation leg, so it wouldn't make sense for anyone to use the U-Turn to avoid elimination since the pit stop was visible only a few feet away. Anyone behind a team would still be behind the team. Teams would only use it to gain a time advantage in the next leg.

But of course, it is a continuation leg, so the U-Turn can help a team to get a head start on other teams as they keep on racing.

I am so glad the Texans evil plan was all to naught. I hope they get eliminated soon. Although there was discussion of U-Turning the Green Team among several teams, I wonder of the Texans' statement that "Everybody wants them gone" is true other than in the Texans' hateful minds.

During the episode the teams basically divided into two groups based on the flights, with the Texans, Reporters, Green Team, and Track Stars on the first flight and Alabama, the Paparazzi, ChacAttack, and the Cheerleaders on the second flight. The Track Stars fell back after sending their taxi driver to the wrong bridge and having to back track. The remaining first group of three teams went to the croquet detour, which seemed the quickest, and the next four teams went to the giraffe painting challenge. The exception was Alabama, which went to the croquet challenge and finished quickly. They should be the third team at the pit stop.

I noticed that some teams got spit at about waist level while others got spit that dripped from their faces.

The women were wearing head scarves in the confessionals, but we haven't seen those on the race. They must come up in the next few tasks.

They've been revisiting places from early seasons. In Season One they went to the Knife's Edge Bridge and to Mukuni village where they received the traditional greeting. (My first memory of The Amazing Race was a promo for the first series that showed Kevin and Drew running across the bridge with Victoria Falls in the background. I haven't missed an episode since.) It seems that Phil would have mentioned some of these revisits.

Old 10-19-2015, 10:37 AM

6,560 posts, read 14,459,845 times
It was easier for me to hope for Justin to faceplant into a concrete wall or something before he gave their money away to the orphans.

Old 10-19-2015, 11:57 AM

5,066 posts, read 2,860,811 times
^^hehe He's loud and bit over-the-top but seems like a nice enough guy.

Old 10-19-2015, 01:51 PM

1,748 posts, read 2,083,707 times
I thought the spitting was quite disgusting as well...especially since these are travellers to a foreign country and may not have the adequate immunizations or antibodies to deal with parasites or bacteria present in said spit. And we wonder how a disease like ebola can spread so easily.

Old 10-19-2015, 10:53 PM

6,904 posts, read 7,605,159 times
Oh, jeeeeeeez.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV