Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-27-2015, 08:10 PM

1,899 posts, read 2,264,002 times

Advertisements

That episode seemed to go by quickly. Maybe because there was no airline travel and little other travel that made navigation and taxi drivers so important. The episode was almost all tasks, and the teams all were finishing them in the order they started. In fact, the five teams remained in the same order throughout the leg with the exception of the paparazzi, who fell from #3 to #4 behind the cheerleaders after being u-turned and having to do both detours.

Team Alabama started in last place and stayed there until their elimination at the pit stop. They likely can blame their elimination on their poor finish last leg when they went to the wrong park looking for the pit stop. That caused them to start over an hour behind the paparazzi, and they couldn't make that up, even with the u-turn.

I don't remember a U-turn before the detour. I think it's always been at the end, so that the u-turned team finds out about it after they finish their first detour and arrive at their next clue. Placing the u-turn so early almost guaranteed that the Green Team would get there first.

The standards for the balloon task were very vague. Did they have to blow up all the balloons in the bowl? Did they have to blow up balloons until some judge told them the net was full enough? Did they have to blow up a certain number? What about volume; what if they didn't blow them up to full capacity? Teams were giving balloons to kids, popping balloons, losing balloons on the bicycle ride. When Tiffany lost a bunch of balloons, I thought they would make her go back. I guess the standards were pretty lax.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2015, 08:11 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,794,686 times
no more India!!! The people are becoming a hindrance to the racers.

Old 11-27-2015, 08:13 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,794,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCDave View Post
That episode seemed to go by quickly. Maybe because there was no airline travel and little other travel that made navigation and taxi drivers so important. The episode was almost all tasks, and the teams all were finishing them in the order they started. In fact, the five teams remained in the same order throughout the leg with the exception of the paparazzi, who fell from #3 to #4 behind the cheerleaders after being u-turned and having to do both detours.

Team Alabama started in last place and stayed there until their elimination at the pit stop. They likely can blame their elimination on their poor finish last leg when they went to the wrong park looking for the pit stop. That caused them to start over an hour behind the paparazzi, and they couldn't make that up, even with the u-turn.

I don't remember a U-turn before the detour. I think it's always been at the end, so that the u-turned team finds out about it after they finish their first detour and arrive at their next clue. Placing the u-turn so early almost guaranteed that the Green Team would get there first.

The standards for the balloon task were very vague. Did they have to blow up all the balloons in the bowl? Did they have to blow up balloons until some judge told them the net was full enough? Did they have to blow up a certain number? What about volume; what if they didn't blow them up to full capacity? Teams were giving balloons to kids, popping balloons, losing balloons on the bicycle ride. When Tiffany lost a bunch of balloons, I thought they would make her go back. I guess the standards were pretty lax.

I cried foul on that; but yet again the people in the area caused the problem. Mass confusion.

Old 11-27-2015, 08:54 PM

1,899 posts, read 2,264,002 times
I'm watching TAR Asia season 1 on Youtube. They just left Thailand for India. All the teams were gorging themselves at a convenience store in Thailand before leaving because they didn't plan on eating any food while in India.

Old 11-27-2015, 10:32 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,746,361 times
Wow, India was nuts! I was surprised the girls didn't have to go back and redo the balloons. That said, it seemed as if someone purposely opened the netting, perhaps that's why?

The place,net if the u turn was odd!! The paparazzi team is so annoying! I did feel badly for the guy being sick and having to do everything in that heat!!

Old 11-27-2015, 10:36 PM

4,882 posts, read 5,014,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCDave View Post
I'm watching TAR Asia season 1 on Youtube. They just left Thailand for India. All the teams were gorging themselves at a convenience store in Thailand before leaving because they didn't plan on eating any food while in India.
Probably a good thing.

Old 11-28-2015, 12:29 AM

6,560 posts, read 14,459,845 times
The paparazzi are just infamous-level nasty. Exactly the sort of personalities I'd expect to be in that line of work. And yet, like most cockroaches, they survive a lot of attempts to squash them.

Old 11-28-2015, 07:53 AM

4,882 posts, read 5,014,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by j_k_k View Post
The paparazzi are just infamous-level nasty. Exactly the sort of personalities I'd expect to be in that line of work. And yet, like most cockroaches, they survive a lot of attempts to squash them.
A team that you wouldn't expect to survive a U-turn does just like cockroaches.

Old 11-28-2015, 08:31 AM

4,902 posts, read 4,216,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
no more India!!! The people are becoming a hindrance to the racers.

Some of the scenes makes it obvious it is not a desirable tourist destination for old folks.

Old 11-28-2015, 11:27 AM

5,066 posts, read 2,860,811 times
Wait, the paparazzi or a couple?! I really thought he was gay. Okay then. Team Kiss my grits kinda grew on me. Sad to see them go but they really were hopeless at tasks. Hopefully their relationship gets better. Team Green is going to be difficult to beat. They really are better than the rest so far.

India looks like an amazing place in a lotta ways, but all those people. Ugh. My sense of personal space would not be happy there. Still seems very sketchy for women.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV