Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2015, 06:40 AM

3,032 posts, read 4,736,446 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Cowgirl View Post

I think she is a very sweet, talented girl who will mature into a very successful country singer a la Carrie Underwood. She has an amazing voice. She stays in tune, has the power, has a great sense of the genre.

I don't think that winning The Voice would be in her best interest, but meeting and becoming friends with Blake and his entourage can't hurt. It's just a style of singing and a genre that you don't care for. No need to hate on a high school kid! I despise Rap and Hip Hop music, don't care for Jazz at all, and think crooners are just kind of creepy. But I don't hate the people who choose those genres.

I don't hate her for the genre, but I dislike her voice and dislike the sentiment of adding banjos = blue grass. I think her voice does not fit the genre they are trying to place her in and that there was an even better blond high school country singer who won The Voice whose career has essentially gone nowhere. I also felt like Shelby has a better voice than Emily Ann. I also felt like in every situation, Blake chose Emily Ann over a more talented competitor and that was enough to leave a bad taste in my mouth similar to Gwen choosing Braiden over Lindsey Elm in the battle rounds, because he was more risky. It's not about disliking the genre, because I can admit when someone is really good. It is about stating, she has gotten to this point because Blake chose her.... and he chose her because she was a young, thin blonde. To me, I don't see her going beyond county fairs more than I see her having a career like Carrie's.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2015, 07:55 AM

I also feel like Jordan must win. George Takei shared his performance of "Somebody to Love" LOL!

Everyone else is competing for runner up.

My guess is it will probably be
1. Jordan
2. Emily Ann
3. Barrett
4. Jeffery

despite the fact that it really ought to be 1. Jordan 2.) Jeffery Both of them felt like they were in a whole different league.

Old 12-14-2015, 10:26 AM

9,153 posts, read 9,495,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mauialoha View Post
because they like it?
But it's not a complicated song IIRC. It's kind of one tune and one lyric over and over. I think it's pretty boring, the kind of thing I zone out to. Not the kind of song I'd think you'd want to pick if you wanted to win some votes.

I understand that Dolly was on the show so they tied it in by doing one of her songs, but how about Jolene (which has been done a couple times on The Voice) or something else with some range and difficulty? Dolly did duets with other singers too, so if they needed a song specifically for the Blake/Emily Ann duet, choose one of the older songs.

The only way IITS is gonna grab me is if they completely reworked it and changed it up to make it more interesting.

Old 12-14-2015, 12:25 PM

Seems like everyone is singing a Christmas song as well. Barrett - Silent Night, Emily Ann - Blue Christmas Jeffery - O Holy Night Jordan - Mary Did You Know?

Honestly, Jordan's song "Climb Every Mountain"... to me, the definition of, "....meh, you might as well just hand it to Emily Ann" but we will see.

Old 12-14-2015, 01:22 PM

2,301 posts, read 1,886,931 times
I hate Emily Ann and Jordan.

Old 12-14-2015, 02:51 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,938,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by N.Cal View Post
Not sure it ever got released. Do people actually buy music anymore?
I rarely do, but I never steal anything. The only time I buy a CD is to donate to charity or PBS. I listen to the radio or use Google to find a video or an artist I like. Last night I Googled the words Jordan Smith Somebody to Love and there was a video from NBC with an arrow. I clicked on the arrow and enjoyed his performance over and over again. I also click on videos like "Best Blind Auditions." In fact, I just discovered I missed an entire season, which is odd. Wonder if it aired during the Winter Olympics. I can't remember Christina Grimmie at all or any of the finalists. Lots of great performances from the same show in the UK and Australia.

Old 12-14-2015, 03:13 PM

This might sound weird, but if you watch Chandelier, Jordan looks much younger to me. I don't know why they changed his hair and general appearance. He looks confined in a suit, although I still loved his performance last week. Personally, I like the plaid shirt and cardigan look from the Blind Audition.

Old 12-14-2015, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomlikeme View Post
Seems like everyone is singing a Christmas song as well. Barrett - Silent Night, Emily Ann - Blue Christmas Jeffery - O Holy Night Jordan - Mary Did You Know?

Honestly, Jordan's song "Climb Every Mountain"... to me, the definition of, "....meh, you might as well just hand it to Emily Ann" but we will see.
No Chanukah songs? It's the last night, so I think Adam should sing this

[youtube]KX5Z-HpHH9g[/youtube]
[url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KX5Z-HpHH9g[/url]

Old 12-14-2015, 03:38 PM

3,943 posts, read 6,375,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
I rarely do, but I never steal anything. The only time I buy a CD is to donate to charity or PBS. I listen to the radio or use Google to find a video or an artist I like. Last night I Googled the words Jordan Smith Somebody to Love and there was a video from NBC with an arrow. I clicked on the arrow and enjoyed his performance over and over again. I also click on videos like "Best Blind Auditions." In fact, I just discovered I missed an entire season, which is odd. Wonder if it aired during the Winter Olympics. I can't remember Christina Grimmie at all or any of the finalists. Lots of great performances from the same show in the UK and Australia.
I just discovered last night that the Voice was on in other countries. I came across one on YouTube. I wonder if you could buy the different seasons of them? I'll have to check that out. I'd love to watch those.

Old 12-14-2015, 03:59 PM

9,153 posts, read 9,495,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess5 View Post
I just discovered last night that the Voice was on in other countries. I came across one on YouTube. I wonder if you could buy the different seasons of them? I'll have to check that out. I'd love to watch those.
Someone posted a link to the British Voice and lo and behold there was Tom Jones as a coach! I think he's off the show now but I hadn't thought of him in years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV