Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-30-2016, 09:53 AM

19,695 posts, read 20,218,442 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 601halfdozen0theother View Post

I hope he picks Caila, but doubt if he will - don't think she's his physical type.
~ To me, Caila looks & acts like a 15yr old girl. Lol. She's sweet, but just too bubbly and kind of a dork. Plus that thing she said about dumping her bf after seeing Ben on tv... Lol.... Um, O-kaaaay.. . ! May be his type though, who the hell knows what his "type" is... . . I think for some of the girls, he may not actually be their type.. Some of my faves, like Jojo, I don't think Ben is quite "manly" enough for her, or Jubilee either. Ben's still pretty young & inexperienced.. Sure, that's cute n all on the surface, but... sometimes you just need a man with some real deal life experience.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2016, 10:53 AM

2,906 posts, read 1,981,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
~ To me, Caila looks & acts like a 15yr old girl. Lol. She's sweet, but just too bubbly and kind of a dork. Plus that thing she said about dumping her bf after seeing Ben on tv... Lol.... Um, O-kaaaay.. . ! May be his type though, who the hell knows what his "type" is... . . I think for some of the girls, he may not actually be their type.. Some of my faves, like Jojo, I don't think Ben is quite "manly" enough for her, or Jubilee either. Ben's still pretty young & inexperienced.. Sure, that's cute n all on the surface, but... sometimes you just need a man with some real deal life experience.
I don't know, just because he's polite and respectful doesn't mean he's not manly enough or have enough real life experience. I've noticed whenever one of the girls has an issue and is upset he addresses it when he finds out about it, like when Jubilee was upset. Ben can take care of himself in a mature way. He reminds me of myself at that age, and it bugged me when people thought someone acting in a humble, mature, polite, and respectful way was a sign of weakness. Couldn't be further from the truth. He was just raised to have good values by his parents.

As for Caila, I agree she is sweet and I found it funny and even odd when she said she left her boyfriend after seeing Ben on the Bachelor. She reminds me of a high school or college cheerleader. She'll be around for awhile, and I'm sure be a favorite for the Bachelorette if Ben selects someone else.

Still waiting for someone to get a black eye, as we saw in the preview for the season. Hope they don't pull the same thing they did a couple years ago on the Bachelorette when they showed a preview for the following week supposedly of two guys getting into a fistfight, and the next week never showing the fight.

Old 01-30-2016, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioJB View Post
I don't know, just because he's polite and respectful doesn't mean he's not manly enough or have enough real life experience. I've noticed whenever one of the girls has an issue and is upset he addresses it when he finds out about it, like when Jubilee was upset. Ben can take care of himself in a mature way. He reminds me of myself at that age, and it bugged me when people thought someone acting in a humble, mature, polite, and respectful way was a sign of weakness. Couldn't be further from the truth. He was just raised to have good values by his parents.

As for Caila, I agree she is sweet and I found it funny and even odd when she said she left her boyfriend after seeing Ben on the Bachelor. She reminds me of a high school or college cheerleader. She'll be around for awhile, and I'm sure be a favorite for the Bachelorette if Ben selects someone else.

Still waiting for someone to get a black eye, as we saw in the preview for the season. Hope they don't pull the same thing they did a couple years ago on the Bachelorette when they showed a preview for the following week supposedly of two guys getting into a fistfight, and the next week never showing the fight.
I totally get what you're saying. "Manly" was probably not the right word exactly for what I was trying to express.. More so having a balance between masculine/feminine energy within oneself as well as a partner who is complimentary... Ben is the nice guy, and what he is doing for these women ~ the way he handles them ~ is pretty outstanding, I must say. He sets a great example. (for as real or fake as tv can be) . . . . . And yes, I'm waiting on that black eye too!! Lol

Old 01-30-2016, 10:07 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,007,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioJB View Post
I think it was in the previews for last week's episode, so it doesn't look like we're going to see what happens. Not surprising though, they do that a few times each season.

They don't seem too interested in showing injuries this season. One of the twins broke her thumb during the soccer date, but that was never shown. However, they did talk about it a few times during the after show.

Old 02-01-2016, 10:08 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,520,923 times
So long Jubilee!

She could have handled her issues better but I understood exactly what she was going through.

Old 02-02-2016, 06:37 AM

16,062 posts, read 26,732,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
So long Jubilee!

She could have handled her issues better but I understood exactly what she was going through.
She shouldn't have gone on the show. You have to be extremely secure to go through this. I felt horrible for her when she said she was the most unlovable person.

Ben is great with words and really making women feel comfortable! Very impressed the way he handled the mother of two.

Old 02-02-2016, 07:05 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,520,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
She shouldn't have gone on the show. You have to be extremely secure to go through this. I felt horrible for her when she said she was the most unlovable person.

Ben is great with words and really making women feel comfortable! Very impressed the way he handled the mother of two.
Yes, I agree on both comments.

Old 02-02-2016, 08:40 AM

Aw, wasn't expecting Jubilee to leave quite that suddenly.. Glad the girls finally address the Olivia nonsense, but I hate these cliff-hangers! From the previews, I'm guessing she'll be around for a while.. I think maybe Leah & Jennifer (? Is that her name?! ) will be the next to go... Or maybe even the twin. Those 3 seem to be straggling.. ~ Kinda bummed the Live after-show won't be on anymore. All the smack talking was the best part of the night, hahah

Old 02-02-2016, 09:58 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,550,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
I didn't, she's said that before. And I think someone else did. It's totally insincere, like they're just copying the words that Ben said about himself on the last Bachelorette.

I almost turned it off again last night. It's gotten to the point that my eyes roll almost 24/7 the whole time I'm watching.

Another thing they always say: "You make me feel so comfortable.", "He puts me at east right away". Oh shut up. And ever notice either on their one on ones, group dates or the small moments of "conversation" during cocktail hour, there is NEVER anything substantial or even interesting things about themselves that they talk about? He's not getting to know them at all & vice versa because every. single. conversation is about A. how nervous they are B. I want you to know how committed I am C. My bad last relationship D. My past relationship E. I'm falling for you. That's it. You could tape record those words & play them during each of those scenarios & those are basically the only words that come out of both of their mouths. Nothing about themselves. Nothing about their views or morals. Nothing about what they like to do in their spare time, their hobbies, movies, music. NOTHING. What a bunch of baloney. How can you have feelings for someone when you know literally nothing about them? Not even their favorite band, because you never ever ever talk about anything like that? Give me a break.

Old 02-03-2016, 08:47 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,599,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
Aw, wasn't expecting Jubilee to leave quite that suddenly.. Glad the girls finally address the Olivia nonsense, but I hate these cliff-hangers! From the previews, I'm guessing she'll be around for a while.. I think maybe Leah & Jennifer (? Is that her name?! ) will be the next to go... Or maybe even the twin. Those 3 seem to be straggling.. ~ Kinda bummed the Live after-show won't be on anymore. All the smack talking was the best part of the night, hahah
What "Olivia nonsense?" Olivia is not there to be BFF with the other girls- she is there to get Ben. Instead of worrying about Olivia (and it's clearly just jealousy), they need to be focused on strengthening their own connections with Ben.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV