Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-03-2016, 08:51 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,601,291 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
I didn't, she's said that before. And I think someone else did. It's totally insincere, like they're just copying the words that Ben said about himself on the last Bachelorette.

I almost turned it off again last night. It's gotten to the point that my eyes roll almost 24/7 the whole time I'm watching.

Another thing they always say: "You make me feel so comfortable.", "He puts me at east right away". Oh shut up. And ever notice either on their one on ones, group dates or the small moments of "conversation" during cocktail hour, there is NEVER anything substantial or even interesting things about themselves that they talk about? He's not getting to know them at all & vice versa because every. single. conversation is about A. how nervous they are B. I want you to know how committed I am C. My bad last relationship D. My past relationship E. I'm falling for you. That's it. You could tape record those words & play them during each of those scenarios & those are basically the only words that come out of both of their mouths. Nothing about themselves. Nothing about their views or morals. Nothing about what they like to do in their spare time, their hobbies, movies, music. NOTHING. What a bunch of baloney. How can you have feelings for someone when you know literally nothing about them? Not even their favorite band, because you never ever ever talk about anything like that? Give me a break.
LOL, well I don't disagree with you but I don't really expect much from these shows. It's just entertainment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2016, 03:24 PM

670 posts, read 1,172,114 times
I roll my eyes throughout the show too, agree with much of what thefragile said.
Keep in mind that we see what they want us to see. We only see a small fraction of the time they actually spend together. It's very heavily edited.
One of my friends did a short stint on a reality show and she was shocked at how they could take something/anything and make it into drama. She realized how naive she had been going into it. She quit because she had no control over how they edited it and what they showed. They made her look like a crazy person.

Old 02-03-2016, 10:51 PM

5,587 posts, read 8,398,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
I didn't, she's said that before. And I think someone else did. It's totally insincere, like they're just copying the words that Ben said about himself on the last Bachelorette.

I almost turned it off again last night. It's gotten to the point that my eyes roll almost 24/7 the whole time I'm watching.

Another thing they always say: "You make me feel so comfortable.", "He puts me at east right away". Oh shut up. And ever notice either on their one on ones, group dates or the small moments of "conversation" during cocktail hour, there is NEVER anything substantial or even interesting things about themselves that they talk about? He's not getting to know them at all & vice versa because every. single. conversation is about A. how nervous they are B. I want you to know how committed I am C. My bad last relationship D. My past relationship E. I'm falling for you. That's it. You could tape record those words & play them during each of those scenarios & those are basically the only words that come out of both of their mouths. Nothing about themselves. Nothing about their views or morals. Nothing about what they like to do in their spare time, their hobbies, movies, music. NOTHING. What a bunch of baloney. How can you have feelings for someone when you know literally nothing about them? Not even their favorite band, because you never ever ever talk about anything like that? Give me a break.
I totally agree, the superficiality of the conversations is just ridiculous, and it's the same year after year. However, I remember when Emily broke Ari's heart, he mentioned some things they had talked about at length (leading to such shock when she dumped him), and we never got to see any of that on the show. I don't know why they persist in showing these dumb-ass conversations about how nervous they are and how this could really be something that will last, blah blah blah. Not one girl has asked him a damn thing about himself, and yet they go into great detail about their last relationship....what guy wants to hear that!? If you notice, most of the girls are asking him for reassurance that they are the special ones. And how could he make a commitment to what's-her-face that he would never blindside her??? So he's gonna tell her in advance that she's not getting a rose?

Olivia won't get thrown off....this is all just a tease. (IMO, I have no spoiler info.) Jubilee was too insecure and a little too sarcastic for her own good, when all the other girls are fawning over him.

Old 02-05-2016, 11:13 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,202,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
What "Olivia nonsense?" Olivia is not there to be BFF with the other girls- she is there to get Ben. Instead of worrying about Olivia (and it's clearly just jealousy), they need to be focused on strengthening their own connections with Ben.
You do have to admit Olivia is a bit "out there"....besides being overbearing. I would not choose her after watching her...But of course the bachelor doesn't get that opportunity.
I wonder how hers Austin news audience feels after watching her snarky remarks about every other bachelorette. IMO She is extremely fake around Ben.

Old 02-05-2016, 11:27 AM

I think a situation like this, where these ladies are forced to feel competitive would magnify any personality weakness. Jubilli is insecure and withdraws....but Olivia is needy and pushy. Both extremes are unattractive.

I like both Loren's, and the gal with the 2 lil girls...but I think he is attracted physically and mentally by Becca....they had a very good one on one.
Does anyone else how much more candid she is with Ben...than Chris. I think we are finally seeing the real Becca.

Last edited by JanND; 02-05-2016 at 11:59 AM..

Old 02-05-2016, 11:37 AM

16,062 posts, read 26,734,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
You do have to admit Olivia is a bit "out there"....besides being overbearing. I would not choose her after watching her...But of course the bachelor doesn't get that opportunity.
I wonder how hers Austin news audience feels after watching her snarky remarks about every other bachelorette. IMO She is extremely fake around Ben.
Definitely fake! She puts on a persona around him, very Stepford Wife! Always smiling, happy, upbeat, secure, there for him. Weird!

Old 02-05-2016, 11:42 AM

I am just finishing Monday's show. Curious, do you think Ben had already told producers he was sending Jubilli home....it seemed pre-planned...Any thoughts?

Old 02-05-2016, 12:24 PM

5,587 posts, read 8,398,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
I am just finishing Monday's show. Curious, do you think Ben had already told producers he was sending Jubilli home....it seemed pre-planned...Any thoughts?
I think he probably talks to them ahead of time to find out what he can and can't do....maybe gets some advice from them. It was awful the way they had to sneak out via a back staircase. Then what I didn't understand is, he got in a car (cab?) outside, but then a minute later he was back at the cocktail party.

I did catch an out-of-sequence thing too: It was supposed to be the day after Ben had thrown off Jubilee, but then someone was interviewed that said "When Ben sent Jubilee home tonight"....so clearly part of the interview was done out of synch.

My money is on Lauren the blonde flight attendant or Caila....I think those are the two he has gravitated to from the very beginning.

Old 02-06-2016, 09:02 AM

36 posts, read 26,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
Definitely fake! She puts on a persona around him, very Stepford Wife! Always smiling, happy, upbeat, secure, there for him. Weird!
Agree, very fake, though she looked good coming out of that cake,
Not sure why she was so embarrassed.

I don't like that single mom with the annoying baby voice that sounds
like she's sucking on helium, I forget her name, can't stand her.

Old 02-09-2016, 09:48 AM

16,062 posts, read 26,734,689 times
Okay, last night perplexed me with the "Lauren B" comment. Was the girl (cannot remember her name) that said that making it up to get a rose? Or did I miss something completely that Lauren B did.

The scene with Olivia was just ridiculous. Like they would really make her stand by herself while Ben left and show her lonely on the island.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV