Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2016, 01:33 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,530,504 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyhorsewoman View Post
Wasn't feeding 'hot dogs' to the pigs a bit much?

How convenient that the camera man was sitting in Ben's room when Leah showed up! The whole deal with Leah seemed contrived.

Also, it was out of character for Ben to take along the rose so he could mislead Olivia into thinking she was chosen and then dump her.
I knew he was going to dump Olivia when they walked away together even though he was carrying the rose. I'm sure the producers just had him do that so it would be more dramatic and suspenseful, but anyone familiar with the show should've seen that coming. What would be the point of walking away with Olivia in private to give her the rose and then coming back to say "Bye Emily"? Now if he had dumped Emily too after dumping Olivia, that would've been surprising!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2016, 02:37 PM

15,546 posts, read 11,922,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
Okay, last night perplexed me with the "Lauren B" comment. Was the girl (cannot remember her name) that said that making it up to get a rose? Or did I miss something completely that Lauren B did.
Yeah, I think since she saw Lauren B is the front runner, she was trying to sabotage the relationship. That obviously backfired.

Quote:
The scene with Olivia was just ridiculous. Like they would really make her stand by herself while Ben left and show her lonely on the island.
They do that every season with the 2 on 1. For Ali's season, we had her leaving Kasey on a frozen tundra while she rode off in a helicopter with Justin.

Old 02-09-2016, 02:40 PM

2,055 posts, read 2,552,372 times
Hated to see Ms. Olivia go. Majorly crushing on her!

Old 02-09-2016, 02:41 PM

2,055 posts, read 2,552,372 times
Oh, and the show is just crap.

Old 02-09-2016, 02:42 PM

2,117 posts, read 4,153,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashpelham View Post
Oh, and the show is just crap.
pretty much and yet I stupidly watch hoping for the love story !!

Old 02-09-2016, 03:03 PM

15,546 posts, read 11,922,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
He actually says "I love you"? On air? Unheard of. And it looks like he pulls the ole switcheroo at the end, just like Jason Mesnick. Sweet!
Others have said the L word to a contestant, so its not unheard of. Although I don't recall the lead ever saying it to more than one person. I doubt there is going to be a Jason ending. The previews are edited every season to act like the lead is conflicted on who to pick to create drama, but in the end they are almost always confident in who they choose. I feel Ben will be the same way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
I don't think there's much to know about Emily. She doesn't seem very smart and her occupation was listed as "Twin." She shows no personality except for complaining about Olivia and calling her twin up to cry about something. She is useless. I agree with Olivia that she and Emily seem years apart in age.
I really wish Emily would have gone home. I don't understand the point of her or how she is still there. She seems very immature and not very intelligent. I can't see her and Ben having any sort of meaningful conversation. Plus isn't she really picky when it comes to food? Like she only eats chicken fingers and hotdogs and doesn't eat any sort of fruit or vegetable? I couldn't imagine dating someone who always had to order off the kids menu whenever out to eat.

Hopefully she doesn't last much longer. I don't think those on the two on one dates normally do...

Old 02-09-2016, 03:14 PM

2,902 posts, read 1,959,045 times
Quote:
I have to ask. What was it about her you liked? Personally I didn't find her attractive, including her personality. She's probably more down to earth in every day life, but on the show I can't say I was impressed. If she wasn't a plant she was definitely in cahoots with the producers to some degree to make things interesting.

Old 02-09-2016, 03:49 PM

2,493 posts, read 2,046,220 times
All I could think of with Ben n Olivia is...'where is he taking her'? lol
The farther he went, the more I knew she was going home.

And I loved the fact that he took the rose with him, but not to give to her.

Old 02-09-2016, 06:08 PM

33,943 posts, read 22,385,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
I don't think there's much to know about Emily. She doesn't seem very smart and her occupation was listed as "Twin." She shows no personality except for complaining about Olivia and calling her twin up to cry about something. She is useless. I agree with Olivia that she and Emily seem years apart in age.
I agree. She seems like a child; a teen-ager at best. What you see is what you get because it seems to all be there floating on the surface.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyhorsewoman View Post
Wasn't feeding 'hot dogs' to the pigs a bit much?

How convenient that the camera man was sitting in Ben's room when Leah showed up! The whole deal with Leah seemed contrived.

Also, it was out of character for Ben to take along the rose so he could mislead Olivia into thinking she was chosen and then dump her.
Probably they made him do it. I never thought about the hot dog thing! Yuck!

Quote:
You know what - I kind of liked her too. She was obviously smart and she was pretty honest about not being a big 'hang out with the girls and do nails' kind of person. Plus - she made it interesting.

Old 02-10-2016, 01:21 AM

6,900 posts, read 7,529,950 times
Pigs are mean; I wouldn't have fed them for money. And that giant moth would have freaked me out.

Too bad Olivia left before we got a good look at her TOES!!!

So is it JoJo or Lauren that he sends home then changes his mind about??

And who will be the next Bachelorette? Caila?? Or the virgin Whatsername who always sounds like her mouth is full of phlem??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV