Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-13-2015, 07:28 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,328,237 times

Advertisements

Yes, you missed some great backstage antics. Maybe you can watch the show on the internet or, if you have cable, something like Comcast's On Demand.

Louie seemed to be upset not so much about using profanity (although he may have been upset about whatever particular word he used) but that, after the producers "made" him say it, they used that clip for the show. I used to like Louie a lot but, in the past couple of years, when I've seen him on TV or read about him, it hasnt been flattering.

I agree about Tamar. Too bad, because she seems to be a pretty good dancer -- not good enough to win but to be in the Final 3. However, she doesnt trust Val at all -- cant tell if she's that distrusting in all aspects of her life, but it's not working for her on DWTS (despite her undeservedly high scores last night).

And I also agree about not sending anyone home last night. That was a surprise. If it was announced last week, I missed it. They did not do that last season -- someone was sent home on the switchup night. Apparently the producers decided they needed to add another episode to this season.

No one else (besides you) addressed my question about who will be the Final 3. I predict Bindi, of course, and Carlos. Does anyone agree? And does anyone have a prediction of who the 3rd finalist might be? I'd like to see Alek be in the Final 3 and would love to see him win, but I'm afraid the producers have Bindi for the win this time. I like Bindi and she's a good dancer but Carlos is better than she (in my opinion) and Alek has come soooo far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
Yes that is what I meant all the behind the scene & practice shots darn I really missed some good ones eh?

Tamar is trying to hard to be popular or number 1 from her sisters I think because Toni Braxton is the most popular of them. Tamar goes on these reality shows & a panel host of a daytime talk show to me it just seems like she is wanting to be the most popular Braxton. She's been at it a long while & has a loud mouth if you don't give her attention. I do think she is a diva also but she is dancing well.

Louie got upset about his clip that was shown is that because the producer made him say it? Or is it he prides himself from not reverting to profanity? It is cool he is probably the oldest pro & still in but not cool that Paula is his partner I hope she goes home next.

What was the point of the show this week if they didn't send anybody home?

Last edited by TFW46; 10-13-2015 at 07:37 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2015, 08:15 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,137,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFW46 View Post
Yes, you missed some great backstage antics. Maybe you can watch the show on the internet or, if you have cable, something like Comcast's On Demand.

Louie seemed to be upset not so much about using profanity (although he may have been upset about whatever particular word he used) but that, after the producers "made" him say it, they used that clip for the show. I used to like Louie a lot but, in the past couple of years, when I've seen him on TV or read about him, it hasnt been flattering.

I agree about Tamar. Too bad, because she seems to be a pretty good dancer -- not good enough to win but to be in the Final 3. However, she doesnt trust Val at all -- cant tell if she's that distrusting in all aspects of her life, but it's not working for her on DWTS (despite her undeservedly high scores last night).

And I also agree about not sending anyone home last night. That was a surprise. If it was announced last week, I missed it. They did not do that last season -- someone was sent home on the switchup night. Apparently the producers decided they needed to add another episode to this season.

No one else (besides you) addressed my question about who will be the Final 3. I predict Bindi, of course, and Carlos. Does anyone agree? And does anyone have a prediction of who the 3rd finalist might be? I'd like to see Alek be in the Final 3 and would love to see him win, but I'm afraid the producers have Bindi for the win this time. I like Bindi and she's a good dancer but Carlos is better than she (in my opinion) and Alek has come soooo far.
I like Carlos too in fact more than his wife but I don't think the judges like him enough to score him high enough to make final 3. Bindi is awesome and if she really has never had dance or gymnastics she may have missed her calling in life. A friend of mine says they can't watch her feet when she dances from watching her breast and they are featuring them in her costumes. Who was the older boy sitting on the other side of her brother last night do you know?

I have never really read anything on Louie before, his head size use to bug me but not so much now he must of been a fabulous dancer to watch when younger. I know he became a US citizen in the late 90s.

Old 10-13-2015, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
I like Carlos too in fact more than his wife but I don't think the judges like him enough to score him high enough to make final 3. Bindi is awesome and if she really has never had dance or gymnastics she may have missed her calling in life. A friend of mine says they can't watch her feet when she dances from watching her breast and they are featuring them in her costumes. Who was the older boy sitting on the other side of her brother last night do you know?

I have never really read anything on Louie before, his head size use to bug me but not so much now he must of been a fabulous dancer to watch when younger. I know he became a US citizen in the late 90s.
I agree that Louis must have been a great dancer a while back. I cant imagine what dancing does to the joints after years and years. Maybe similar to what football players suffer (although I think most football players have knee problems from the jarring of their turning knees against the cleats holding their feet solidly in the ground).

I've been wondering about the dynamics between Carlos and Alexa. She seems to put his pride and happiness above her own and, although she'd like to win, I dont think she'd want to win over him. I never cared much for him but he's really grown on me. (That's one of the reasons I like DWTS so much -- I get to see sides of "stars" that I'd never have seen otherwise.)

I agree about Bindi. Each week she's wearing an outfit that plays up her chest more and more. Last night even I, a very straight woman, had trouble focusing on her performance. I didnt pay attention to anyone sitting next to her mom and brother. How old was he? Could he have been Bindi's boyfriend, 18-year-old wakeboarder Chandler Powell? There are photos of him in the article below:
Bindi Irwin's new boyfriend Chandler Powell posts message on her 17th birthday | Daily Mail Online

Last edited by TFW46; 10-13-2015 at 08:49 PM..

Old 10-13-2015, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFW46 View Post
Could he have been Bindi's boyfriend, 18-year-old wakeboarder Chandler Powell? There are photos of him in the article below:
Bindi Irwin's new boyfriend Chandler Powell posts message on her 17th birthday | Daily Mail Online
Yep that was him good job.

I usually don't know half of the "stars" that are coming on DWTS now days so I learn about them as they are dancing.

Old 10-19-2015, 06:32 PM

Did Leah just say "Bob" meaning Tom back to you after Andy's scores??????

Old 10-19-2015, 07:33 PM

OMG, could Olivia Newton-John's face be any more Botoxed? She can barely move her mouth and her forehead is totally unmovable.

And I like Leah Remini but not as a co-announcer on DWTS at all. She's even worse tonight than she was last time.

Old 10-19-2015, 07:50 PM

Leah always has a lot to say until she is announcing then she repeats the same words over & over. This isn't a good fit for her but I like seeing her. The Dirty Dancing lift Tom & she attempted was funny.

Old 10-19-2015, 08:50 PM

3,830 posts, read 6,701,707 times
Leah's lipstick/lip liner was awful. Awful. She was toned down tonight. Probably not by her choice....

FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What I've been wishing for since week 1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There were some really good dances tonight. But Carlos and Witney... whoa! Prime time, y'all. While I enjoyed it (), I'm sure some parents didn't like it quite so well if their kiddos were watching.

(Nick was overs-cored, IMO)

Old 10-19-2015, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaynarie View Post
(Nick was overs-cored, IMO)
A lot of dances were over scored there were not that many 10s. To many disjointed dances tonight more single spotlight dances bet Len is having a fit if he is watching.

Old 10-19-2015, 10:25 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,742,852 times
...and the horse she rode in on... Ugh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV