Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-10-2015, 12:08 AM

4,922 posts, read 8,572,682 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
What a pos that POS is. PLEASE send it home! LOVED that perfect team dance!
So agree! I love Alek, but I know he's not the best dancer by any stretch. He should have gone over Alexa. I was hoping beyond hope someone wouldn't show up (publicity stunt?) but instead showed up at the last minute and danced like nothing had happened. Obviously, the judges are voting for her over Alek but why are the viewers voting for her????? I can see why they vote for Alek ~~ hero, cute, kind of an "aw shucks" attitude~~ but why is Ms. No Show who treats Val like crap (imho) is still there?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2015, 12:19 AM

5,589 posts, read 8,403,838 times
I think Bindi's a good dancer, but I'm sorry, her Little Susie Sunshine act gets old after awhile. Although she did provide a glimpse into her real self last week when she said she always hides her true feelings. The problem is, she is sooooo over-exuberant about EVERYTHING....yeah, I know I'll get flamed and she's a sweet kid that suffered a horrible loss....but it gets on my nerves at this point. I'm throwing all my votes to Nick now, although Carlos is excellent too. Tamar is good but she is too much of a drama queen...I don't even know what was going on with that whole hospital thing tonight. But I think Bindi has such a huge base of support amongst the fans that it will be hard for anyone to beat her. So rather than split my vote, I gave them all to Nick. Who I never thought I would like....I thought the Carter brothers were all kind of jerks. I have sure changed my mind about him!

Old 11-10-2015, 12:24 AM

5,589 posts, read 8,403,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightbird47 View Post
Haven't watched more than the first dance yet, but have two complaints. One is the almost topless dresses with the see thru panels. Am I the only one who thing they look like something in a strip club? No class, no style. Just use a paste on and a skirt....

And that waxing. Ugh, that was horrible and I fast forwared past. Ick. And that hairy chest looked very nice and inviting but the hairless one? Awful.

But please have the women cover up sufficently they don't look like they're dressed in wide strips of tape.
The one thing I have noticed is that they put Bindi in the most unflattering outfits -- she's pretty buxom and those tight stretchy sheer materials really emphasize it, and not in a good way. A few weeks ago, the outfit was a skin-tone color and I actually thought she was naked for a minute.

Old 11-10-2015, 01:36 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,044,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon08 View Post
I think Bindi's a good dancer, but I'm sorry, her Little Susie Sunshine act gets old after awhile. Although she did provide a glimpse into her real self last week when she said she always hides her true feelings. The problem is, she is sooooo over-exuberant about EVERYTHING....yeah, I know I'll get flamed and she's a sweet kid that suffered a horrible loss....but it gets on my nerves at this point. I'm throwing all my votes to Nick now, although Carlos is excellent too. Tamar is good but she is too much of a drama queen...I don't even know what was going on with that whole hospital thing tonight. But I think Bindi has such a huge base of support amongst the fans that it will be hard for anyone to beat her. So rather than split my vote, I gave them all to Nick. Who I never thought I would like....I thought the Carter brothers were all kind of jerks. I have sure changed my mind about him!
OK.....here comes the flame.

I don't think Bindi's personality is an act, what we see is what she is.

She is just like her father, naturally very exuberant and upbeat, it's in her genes.

I believe she is genuinely a nice person who always sees the glass as half full rather than half empty, an optimist.

Derek just loves her and I believe the pros get to see the real person behind the celebrity under the stress of this kind of physically challenging competition.

And, of course she hides her true feelings at times, don't we all?

Many of us put on a happy face even when we aren't so happy and how many of us would tell someone they really look fat in their favorite outfit or that their baby is the ugliest we have ever seen?

Old 11-10-2015, 03:41 AM

2,646 posts, read 1,845,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon08 View Post
The one thing I have noticed is that they put Bindi in the most unflattering outfits -- she's pretty buxom and those tight stretchy sheer materials really emphasize it, and not in a good way. A few weeks ago, the outfit was a skin-tone color and I actually thought she was naked for a minute.
What about Erin's dress? Yeah, I am not a prude (I don't think) but why is there so much almost nudity on DWTS? The costumes used to be sexy without being "R" rated?? Still, Erin's dress was not too classy...........for TV? Maybe for a night out with your sweetheart....please, leave SOMETHING for the imagination.

Old 11-10-2015, 06:06 AM

4,344 posts, read 4,720,623 times
Quote:
I think Bindi's a good dancer, but I'm sorry, her Little Susie Sunshine act gets old after awhile. Although she did provide a glimpse into her real self last week when she said she always hides her true feelings. The problem is, she is sooooo over-exuberant about EVERYTHING....
No flames from me! I feel exactly the same way. So over her and fast-forward every time she's on the screen.

Tamar has pneumonia. Glad she made it back to dance with Nick. If you have ever had pneumonia you know you cannot breathe at all so doing that dance had to be pretty hard.

Alexa and Carlos - I haven't liked Mark in the past, but this year I'm liking him a lot more with how he's working with Alexa. Last night's dance was just really nice. She is been improving a lot lately. I had never heard of Carlos before the show (knew of Alexa because of the show Nashville). He's a good dancer but very "one note" to me. If one of the two of them had to go home I think it is better it was him.

And I loved Erin's dress!!

Old 11-10-2015, 07:03 AM

2,119 posts, read 4,167,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcy1210 View Post
So agree! I love Alek, but I know he's not the best dancer by any stretch. He should have gone over Alexa. I was hoping beyond hope someone wouldn't show up (publicity stunt?) but instead showed up at the last minute and danced like nothing had happened. Obviously, the judges are voting for her over Alek but why are the viewers voting for her????? I can see why they vote for Alek ~~ hero, cute, kind of an "aw shucks" attitude~~ but why is Ms. No Show who treats Val like crap (imho) is still there?
I hate to say this but...they need one african american to keep viewership strong in that demographic. I did like her dance last night. Too bad she wasn't able to do the final version. I think they could have gotten 10's.

Old 11-10-2015, 07:54 AM

1,632 posts, read 1,849,887 times
I dont think Bindis chatter is an act , obnoxious yes, but she was the same when she was little , they had her on a few talk shows with her mother , more obnoxious then, but genuine personality , feel sorry for whoever she marries .

Old 11-10-2015, 08:15 AM

15,632 posts, read 24,429,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by N.Cal View Post
...I haven't liked Mark in the past, but this year I'm liking him a lot more with how he's working with Alexa. Last night's dance was just really nice. She is been improving a lot lately. I had never heard of Carlos before the show...

I agree about Mark. For many season I thought his sleaze factor was the most remarkable thing about him. However, this season I've been blown away by his choreography. It's been as good, and at times better, than Derek's. And I havent seen any evidence of the sleazy behavior of past seasons.

Last night Derek referred, in passing, to Mark's girlfriend. So I wonder if her influence may be the reason for the obvious change in the way he acts and perhaps even his desire to choreograph so awesomely.

And I was sorry to see Alexa go last night. She may not have been the best dancer but I liked the "couples" aspect of her and Carlos' involvement this season. Carlos appears to be the better dancer/performer of the two. One thing I did find ironic is that, last night, Carlos said he wanted to beat his wife (referring to winning, not physically ) but then he was very teary-eyed when she was eliminated.

Last edited by TFW46; 11-10-2015 at 08:38 AM..

Old 11-10-2015, 08:17 AM

15,632 posts, read 24,429,067 times
The finals are two weeks away. Alek will probably go next week and then Tamar will be eliminated (if the producers have any conscience). So the Final 3 may be Bindi, Carlos and Nick.

In past years, the producers have set up one person as an obvious favorite early in the season -- only to have that person come in 2nd when someone else rises in "ability and likability". I suspect that may be what we'll see with Bindi this season. I wouldnt be at all surprised to see Carlos win.

Last edited by TFW46; 11-10-2015 at 08:27 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV