Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2015, 03:01 PM

4,922 posts, read 8,571,496 times

Advertisements

I love Anna, she's always been my favorite and I'm thrilled she's back, but paired with Gary Busey, I'm afraid her time will be short.

I have no idea who Hayes Grier is, or Alexa and Carlos Pena Vega and I don't know who Andy Grammer or Kim Zolciak are, so can't say anything about them. Poor Keo, unless Chaka Kahn is great, he's in for a short time, too, I'm afraid. Why do they always pair the newbie pros, or the pros who only back for maybe one season, with either the old people or the ones with no talent? I'm not trying to be mean, but honestly, that's just what it seems like year after year. I'd be really surprised if Victor Espinova goes far, but he could since he's paired with Karina. Fans love her.

Tamara Braxton means we'll probably see a lot of Toni in the audience, which could be a ratings boost. Paula and Louis are like Anna and Gary. Could be first to go. I'll be really surprised if they last very long. I just can't see Paula doing well, but hopefully, I'll be surprised. It's possible for them to stay if people are voting for Anna or Louis, instead of Paula and Gary. And Alek Skarlatos. That was fast. A month ago he was in the National Guard in Paris taking down a terrorist, now he's on DWTS? I don't mean to be witchy, but that seems like he wants to extend his 15 minutes of fame.

Bindi and Derek look so far to be the team to beat. She's probably pretty limber and energetic. I hope she's got a ton of talent. I'd love to see her go far, but I wonder if they paired her with Derek to ensure him another win? I thought he was going to retire? Maybe I missed something there. I think Karina got shafted too, with Victor Espinova. That's my armchair quarterback guesses for this season...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2015, 04:57 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,042,433 times
The only celebrities I recognize this year are Bindi, Gary, Paula and Chaka Kahn.

I am glad Bindi got Derek. I thought she would get Mark.

Old 09-02-2015, 06:37 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,426,125 times
I didnt see where anyone posted the actual cast here:

• Nick Carter (Backstreet Boys singer) & Sharna Burgess
• Victor Espinoza (Triple Crown–winning jockey) & Karina Smirnoff
• Hayes Grier (Vine star) & Emma Slater
• Carlos Pena, Jr. (Big Time Rush singer/actor) & Witney Carson
• Alexa Vega (Actress) & Mark Ballas
• Bindi Irwin (Wildlife conservationist) & Derek Hough
• Gary Busey (Actor) & Anna Trebunskaya
• Andy Grammer (Pop singer) & Allison Holker
• Chaka Khan (R&B & funk singer) & Keo Motsepe
• Kim Zolciak (Reality star) & Tony Dovolani
• Tamar Braxton (Singer/reality star) & Valentin Chmerkovskiy
• Paula Deen (chef) & Louis Van Amstel
• Alek Skarlatos (France train hero) & Lindsay Arnold

Old 09-02-2015, 07:37 PM

1,872 posts, read 3,408,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFW46 View Post
I didnt see where anyone posted the actual cast here:

• Nick Carter (Backstreet Boys singer) & Sharna Burgess
• Victor Espinoza (Triple Crown–winning jockey) & Karina Smirnoff
• Hayes Grier (Vine star) & Emma Slater
• Carlos Pena, Jr. (Big Time Rush singer/actor) & Witney Carson
• Alexa Vega (Actress) & Mark Ballas
• Bindi Irwin (Wildlife conservationist) & Derek Hough
• Gary Busey (Actor) & Anna Trebunskaya
• Andy Grammer (Pop singer) & Allison Holker
• Chaka Khan (R&B & funk singer) & Keo Motsepe
• Kim Zolciak (Reality star) & Tony Dovolani
• Tamar Braxton (Singer/reality star) & Valentin Chmerkovskiy
• Paula Deen (chef) & Louis Van Amstel
• Alek Skarlatos (France train hero) & Lindsay Arnold
Can't rep you again, so I'll say THANKS here

Old 09-02-2015, 07:53 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,184,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
That was the most ridiculous "reveal." They should return to simply announcing contestants individually the way they used to, and skip the shadow screen nonsense. I'm glad I taped it, because most of it was fast forward-worthy.
It sure was if I had not been on ESPN one night looking for a Cubs score I wouldn't have heard about the married couple. Which I still don't know who they are I missed over half the announcements this season read them online the next day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresFanInSA View Post
I have to say. Every year I chuckle at everyone who sees the list of celebs and says "who?" and laments how it is a list of nobody d-listers. This year I am right there with you all. Are they REALLY this far down the bottom of the barrel?
They keep getting these "internet stars" well I'll forever be lost with those because I don't do social media.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
The only celebrities I recognize this year are Bindi, Gary, Paula and Chaka Kahn.

I am glad Bindi got Derek. I thought she would get Mark.
Ole pawing & slobbering Mark will have to be reined in this season with a husband on this season that can come down the hall and clean his clock.

I'm glad to see Louis back I heard Artem was to be on then didn't like his partner & quit anybody else hear that? If that is true, I like Artem but he can go back across the pond with a diva attitude like that. He has not paid his dues here yet to be getting the top "star" as I'm sure they all want.

Early pick to win online is Nick Carter right now. Kim Zolciak is self proclaimed lazy I don't see her putting in the work that will be needed to stay on long. Poor Tony. Sigh smh.

Old 09-02-2015, 08:54 PM

23,015 posts, read 34,378,820 times
Is it really that hard to get real stars for the this show????

Old 09-02-2015, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
Is it really that hard to get real stars for the this show????

I think so. Remember. the stars have to give up 3 months of their lives if they dont want to be eliminated. The daily training is strenuous, as all the injuries later in the season show. And, while the money (up to $300,000) may be good for D-listers, it's probably not worth the trouble for "real" stars.

Old 09-02-2015, 10:30 PM

Dont forget that this season starts on MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 14.

Old 09-03-2015, 12:01 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,282,289 times
I may forget to watch this season. Definitely will only watch if nothing else is on. Their cast lineup is really bad in my opinion.

Old 09-03-2015, 11:10 AM

And I must add that this season I recognize fewer "stars" than in any previous season. And, to be honest, I'm not very fond of most of the names that I do recognize. I cant wait, though, to see how Bindi does -- I'm also interested in seeing the jockey and the train hero.

Last edited by TFW46; 09-03-2015 at 11:24 AM.. Reason: Edited to correct typo.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV