Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2016, 11:13 PM

33,220 posts, read 26,412,135 times

Advertisements

That was a good episode tonight. It took an unexpected turn though with Hank revealing to the world at large that he is really J'onn J'onzz, the Martian Manhunter. I wonder how that's going to turn out. And now Supergirl has to regain the trust of the city.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2016, 01:35 PM

1,784 posts, read 2,381,226 times
In last night's episode (3/14/16) I thought it was a very cool nod to Superman III when Supergirl was in the bar and was breaking liquor bottles by plucking bar nuts into them!

Old 03-15-2016, 01:49 PM

48,564 posts, read 24,106,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspe4 View Post
In last night's episode (3/14/16) I thought it was a very cool nod to Superman III when Supergirl was in the bar and was breaking liquor bottles by plucking bar nuts into them!
You could see that scene as homage...or as simply the tv show stealing the idea.

Old 03-15-2016, 04:39 PM

2,508 posts, read 2,174,100 times
This week's episode of Supergirl was off the hook - amazing. Possibly my favorite episode so far, but it's hard for me to judge this based on the fact that all of the other episodes have been great as well. Kara was really out of character in this episode - or was she actually acting the way she really feels, deep down?!

My understanding of the way Red Kryptonite works is that it completely removes (or at least significantly lowers) a Kryptonian's inhibitions - so that they act the way they actually feel. I.e., similar to how alcohol affects most people (though without the slurring/loss of motor skills/etc. - LOL). So, when Kara/Supergirl was showing her contempt for Kat, her sister (and others) & was very forward re: her attraction to Jimmy Olsen, that seemed to be her real character/emotions/desires showing (even though the Red Kryptonite "triggered" this). Interesting & disturbing to some extent - you see Kara as being very repressed throughout the series so far, and this is one of the first time she's "let her hair down" to some extent. I really enjoyed the scene when she smashed her alarm clock (to stop the ringing) - which set the tone for the rest of the episode.

Very surprised that Hank Henshaw/The Martian Manhunter let himself be captured - he should have just left the area after Supergirl was defeated.

Old 03-15-2016, 07:35 PM

991 posts, read 628,777 times
Red Kryptonite was not an 'invention' by a tech/mad scientist!
(Shows version)

An interesting synopsis:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Krypto..._their_effects

I actually had this comic book .. way back when.

Old 03-15-2016, 07:50 PM

2,508 posts, read 2,174,100 times
I'm a big Superman & comic book fan, and also enjoyed Smallville when it was on. There was an episode of Smallville where Clark/Superman got exposed to Red Kryptonite & did act reckless because of this.

However, this week's Supergirl episode was much edgier & more disturbing, because Kara/Supergirl acted very violent & threatening to others during her exposure to this RK. I like how the producers of the show are not making her just a female Superman, but giving her a persona of her own - great series.

Old 03-15-2016, 08:31 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,363,451 times
I don't have to repeat what has been said...and excellent all of you!
Glad you are here and speaking up.

This was for sure the episode that grabbed me the most.
Everyone involved showed depths we have not seen...was this the writers'
or the director's child, hmm.
The director owns the film; it is his.
No one has mentioned Calista's outstanding contribution last night...excellent ...
along with the rest.

Are we our dark sides? I say, No, we are not.
We are our 'good' side.
But, Jimmy O needs some time...ok.

When does forgiveness begin...how long does it take?
How do we redeem ourselves from our mistakes...can we?
Is it in the forgiveness from others that we rise again...or is it from our own
selves we finally overcome and triumph, regardless of others feelings?

Great show.
Hope all are catching Lucifer.

Old 03-15-2016, 09:19 PM

12,858 posts, read 16,862,536 times
An amazing episode. I teared up at the end.

Old 03-16-2016, 02:33 PM

991 posts, read 628,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim9251 View Post
An amazing episode. I teared up at the end.
Um, okay ... Jim!

Old 03-16-2016, 08:12 PM

1,784 posts, read 2,381,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandstander View Post
You could see that scene as homage...or as simply the tv show stealing the idea.
I see it as an homage, though I wish the writers would have copied more of the scene and showed Supergirl drunk, drinking shots, and melting the bar's mirror with her heat vision like Superman did. Most millenials probably aren't going to recognize the reference though since Superman III came out in 1983.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV