Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2015, 06:28 AM

22,891 posts, read 28,167,543 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewJeffCT View Post
cool - I guess having a super hero kung fu show was too much to resist for Netflix.
Every Marvel show they have done to date has been a hit. They'd be fools not to do as many as they could.

Can we please have a Cloak and Dagger TV show? Please?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2015, 06:35 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,482,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Every Marvel show they have done to date has been a hit. They'd be fools not to do as many as they could.

Can we please have a Cloak and Dagger TV show? Please?

Very good comic! It dealt with a lot of issues of hard drug use.

Old 12-08-2015, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
Very good comic! It dealt with a lot of issues of hard drug use.
Yep. Also dealt a lot with homelessness and life on the streets. C&D was one of the stories mentioned along with Jessica Jones as being "in development" back when ABC was doing it. JJ eventually went to Netflix. No word on what happened to Cloak and Dagger.

Marvel confirms Hulk and Jessica Jones in development for ABC

Old 12-08-2015, 07:35 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,482,037 times
Quote:
Yep. Also dealt a lot with homelessness and life on the streets. C&D was one of the stories mentioned along with Jessica Jones as being "in development" back when ABC was doing it. JJ eventually went to Netflix. No word on what happened to Cloak and Dagger.

Yeah I remember the comic it had a big impact on me as a kid. Clicked on the link sorry but I can't see Cloak & Dagger on broadcast TV. Same with JJ to do them both justice they should remain on Netflix. Besides I think ABC would screw them up. Disney family channel wanting to do C&D? They would have to get away from the more sinister tones you can get away with on Netflix, etc.

Old 12-08-2015, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
Yeah I remember the comic it had a big impact on me as a kid. Clicked on the link sorry but I can't see Cloak & Dagger on broadcast TV. Same with JJ to do them both justice they should remain on Netflix. Besides I think ABC would screw them up. Disney family channel wanting to do C&D? They would have to get away from the more sinister tones you can get away with on Netflix, etc.
Agreed. ABC Family is one of the worst networks on TV.

Old 12-08-2015, 08:09 AM

4,715 posts, read 5,940,752 times
Quote:

I thought C&D was going to be some sort of cartoon?

Old 12-08-2015, 01:30 PM

2,209 posts, read 4,215,902 times
I'd like Netflix to do DC/Vertigo's Sandman. I've read Joseph Gordon Levitt is in cahoots for a film series, I hope that doesn't happen. I'd rather see a bunch of no-names or up and coming actors play these superheroes than big names playing several different comic characters (looking at you Ryan Reynolds).

Old 12-08-2015, 07:18 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,819,762 times
Quote:
Looks like the IRON FIST TV series is happening after all.

Looks Like The Iron Fist TV Show Is Really Happening!
I am thankful for that but remember the only ties between Iron Fist and this show is Luke Cage and Hogarth (who works for Danny Rand.)

Old 12-08-2015, 07:19 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,819,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVitamin View Post
I'd like Netflix to do DC/Vertigo's Sandman. I've read Joseph Gordon Levitt is in cahoots for a film series, I hope that doesn't happen. I'd rather see a bunch of no-names or up and coming actors play these superheroes than big names playing several different comic characters (looking at you Ryan Reynolds).
I want to actually see that movie as JGL while not a draw in it of himself, he is a good artist. Don Jon (a film he wore many hats on) is a very good film that went under the radar.

Old 12-15-2015, 05:22 PM

11,787 posts, read 17,704,519 times
Well now that I have watched all the episodes I miss it already. Looking forward to S2.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV