Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2015, 10:53 AM

282 posts, read 219,274 times

Advertisements

Me and my husband love it. OMG. It's like the original movie in the 80s sooo much which is not surprising because Sam Raimi directed it, written, and produced it like the very first movie!!

OMG. I just can't with the fugly face make up. I just... can't. Scares me ALL the effing time!!

This is worst than zombies coz you are dealing with demons!! It won't die with just shooting it at the head you need to decapitate it, and even then, it will just possess the next dead body around.

That's how scary sheet this is. Wow. I love it but as a Catholic, yes I am sheeting my pants everytime I watch new epis...

#fosho
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2015, 11:29 AM

23,563 posts, read 12,535,636 times
I had a fun time watching it. I was glad that they had made it campy like the original movies, it wouldn't have been nearly as good if they had just made it a typical horror show.

Old 11-02-2015, 01:04 PM

Ugh. My nightmares are coming back. Damn it man please don't make me stop watching this coz of fugly face make up pleaaaaaaase.

I told my husband I can never EVER watch this alone, I have to always watch it with him. Fortunately, he likes this too.

Old 11-04-2015, 10:55 PM

373 posts, read 367,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supergirlygirl View Post
Me and my husband love it. OMG. It's like the original movie in the 80s sooo much which is not surprising because Sam Raimi directed it, written, and produced it like the very first movie!!

OMG. I just can't with the fugly face make up. I just... can't. Scares me ALL the effing time!!

This is worst than zombies coz you are dealing with demons!! It won't die with just shooting it at the head you need to decapitate it, and even then, it will just possess the next dead body around.

That's how scary sheet this is. Wow. I love it but as a Catholic, yes I am sheeting my pants everytime I watch new epis...

#fosho
Oh I got to check it out. I couldn't believe the preview, I knew right away it was the Evil Dead.

Old 11-05-2015, 01:18 AM
Yac

6,051 posts, read 7,728,669 times
As a long time Evil Dead fan (it's true!) I have to say, the tv series delivers what it promises. I'm hyped and can't wait for the 2nd episode!

Old 11-08-2015, 01:05 PM

23,563 posts, read 12,535,636 times
After the second episode I'm still enjoying this show. I found out that even before they aired the first episode the show was renewed for a second season - yay! Season one will have ten episodes, they haven't said yet how many episodes there will be for season two.

Old 11-10-2015, 05:09 PM

373 posts, read 367,963 times
I watched episode 1. I will watch two tonight. Season 2 wow such a niche crowd. I find it hard to think this show will make it past season 2.

Old 11-12-2015, 03:12 PM

My nightmares are kind of coming back but I still won't stop watching this, for now..

So this show is only half hour?

I know I am taking a chance continue watching this show but as long as I don't look at fugly face make up, I will be good.

Old 11-16-2015, 04:07 PM

I guess this show is not as hot commodity as I would have liked it to be? I'm the only one who seem to care about this and kept putting it on top even the OP abandoned this thread. LOL.

But I can kinda see why. For a half hour show. I kinda get now the repetitiveness or the MO of every epi.

Ash kills one demon for shock factor and fugly face make up show which ALWAYS scares me. Then a cliffhanger at the end. That seems to be the formula of this show.

I like it. I just wonder if the cop would die or she would be saved by Xena the warrior princess. LOOOOOOL. Which I am still debating if she is one of them... since she drives a red car so she must be one of the devils coz the one who possses the one from the grave knows her.

OR...... she is an angel. You know the movie prophecy? Where they are waging war angels and demons.

Old 11-17-2015, 06:19 AM

4,970 posts, read 6,268,503 times
I was only able to see the first episode so far since we don't have Starz but I loved it! Huge fan of the original trilogy and I though this show, at least through the first episode, stayed very true to those original movies. Kinda sad that due to legal reasons they couldn't use the name S-Mart but certainly not something I would get that upset about. So many great one liners. I watched it with my wife who has never seen any of the Evil Dead movies and she seemed to enjoy it though some of the gags she didn't get.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV