Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2015, 01:37 PM

2,288 posts, read 3,238,540 times

Advertisements

Interesting info Jamies, thanks for sharing.

I LOL when Leon (the chef) was making the brownies, and he used Pillsburys bagged brownie mix. If I paid that much to go yachting, I better get homemade.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2015, 02:34 PM

4,362 posts, read 6,531,780 times
For some unknown reason I can't not watch this show.

At first I thought Kate was just a B* but she's grown on me. Started to change when she did that bit comparing each of the crew members to a print font.

She's just good at what she does.

Leon seems like he'd be just fine to hang with but he is clearly not with the plan where work is related. Yikes.

Old 10-01-2015, 04:08 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,743,916 times
Leon is an idiot. You can't be a charter chef and not make what the guests request. He uses frozen food and brownie mix?!

Old 10-01-2015, 08:07 PM

9,418 posts, read 13,496,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by breeinmo. View Post

I LOL when Leon (the chef) was making the brownies, and he used Pillsburys bagged brownie mix. If I paid that much to go yachting, I better get homemade.
Well you know, you can't just throw these requests at him last minute! LOL

Old 10-01-2015, 09:14 PM

6,870 posts, read 14,856,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by breeinmo. View Post

I'm expecting him to start using canned vegetables and frozen microwave dinners. The brownie bag was hilarious. But the guest did like it. When they requested brownies I was expecting him to make big thick gooey brownies. This little bite sized brownies looked so dry.

Old 10-01-2015, 09:31 PM

282 posts, read 219,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post
I did a little checking since they are in the Abacos this season. I was thinking it might be fun to head out there. Haven't been there in 20 years. Long Beach at Hope Town is one of the best beaches in the world.

Well first of all, we aren't getting the whole story. Crime in the Bahamas is so bad the cruise lines are considering pulling out. In a country of 330,000 nearly 500 murders in three years! Over 40,000 crimes reported, mostly against tourists. Marsh Harbor (where their dock is) is the most dangerous city outside Nassau and Freeport.

State dept says, don't walk on deserted beaches or go out after dark. Why else would you go to the Bahamas if not to walk on a deserted beach in the moonlight?

Anyway, the boat "Eros" doesn't exist except on the show. It is really 161' long, called "Mustang Sally" and charters for $129,000.00 a week! Bodyguards not included.

A bit outta my budget.
Oh wow. Now you kinda spoil my fun. I have been planning a Bahamas cruise with my husband and now I read this.

We will still go I hope by the time we do our cruise I forgot all about this.

I also like your inside story. Hmmm so they just made up that name? But, we see the name of the boat and their uniform says eros.

I mean really? This is scripted? I knew it coz I doubt below deck crews are all that good looking.

I love the show too. Just watch the new epi today. MY fave is Kate, the one with BRF. She knows her job well. I don't like the new chef. Glad he was fired. And Ben is back.

Old 10-02-2015, 05:00 PM

6,870 posts, read 14,856,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supergirlygirl View Post
Oh wow. Now you kinda spoil my fun. I have been planning a Bahamas cruise with my husband and now I read this.

We will still go I hope by the time we do our cruise I forgot all about this.

I also like your inside story. Hmmm so they just made up that name? But, we see the name of the boat and their uniform says eros.

I mean really? This is scripted? I knew it coz I doubt below deck crews are all that good looking.

I love the show too. Just watch the new epi today. MY fave is Kate, the one with BRF. She knows her job well. I don't like the new chef. Glad he was fired. And Ben is back.
Kate knows part of her job well. The part she doesn't know is how to motivate her employees which I think is a big part of her job.

I still like her and RBF is real with her. I love it! I've been accused of having it.

Old 10-02-2015, 11:08 PM

7,646 posts, read 9,950,661 times
And now the Bahamas is getting nailed by the hurricane.

I think something is telling me to vacation in Maui this year. Sigh.

Old 10-02-2015, 11:35 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,793,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westhou View Post
Kate knows part of her job well. The part she doesn't know is how to motivate her employees which I think is a big part of her job.

I still like her and RBF is real with her. I love it! I've been accused of having it.

I have it too. Have had people mention it all my life. Hells Bells I can't walk around grinning like a lunatic all the time.

Old 10-02-2015, 11:36 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,793,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post
And now the Bahamas is getting nailed by the hurricane.

I think something is telling me to vacation in Maui this year. Sigh.

go to the mountains!! I can't imagine anything more beautiful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV