Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2015, 07:22 AM

12,858 posts, read 16,873,001 times

Advertisements

Great episode last night. Loved the whole Ferris Bueller take off.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2015, 04:37 PM

2,071 posts, read 2,210,287 times
I liked the Ferris Bueller take off also. Would have been slick to have Alan Ruck play the "Cameron" character.

Old 11-04-2015, 07:26 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,703,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadian citizen View Post
For those that don't know..........

This series is shot entirely in Toronto. One of many instances where Toronto "stands in " for another location.

When watching, pay attention to the background street shots, and see if you can spot the Canadian things, like Canada Post mail boxes, Ontario license plates on cars, and the Toronto Transit buses.

So, why does a US TV series choose to work in Canada's largest city ? Both the Federal and Provincial governments give generous tax benefits to film or TV productions that are shot here. And the City of Toronto also makes it easy for productions to get the road and street closures that they need in order to film scenes. The Toronto Police Service has a 35 person " film co-ordination unit " that handles vehicle and pedestrian traffic control, and scene security.

For those that are interested, here is a link that details the number of films and TV series shot in Toronto over the past 5 years.

link. Made here. Seen everywhere. - Film in Toronto - Doing Business | City of Toronto

Jim B.
Having grown up in NYC, I've wondered about this since it was posted, particularly since i routinely recognize neighborhoods, etc. shown in the series.

Did a little research and it looks like "entirely" is a bit of an overstatement.

Bradley Cooper's 'Limitless' TV Show Will Film In Our Neighborhood On Thursday, March 26 -- Move Your Cars By Tomorrow Night

CBS Show "Limitless" Now Casting Paid Extras in NYC | Auditions Free

Old 11-17-2015, 10:11 PM

12,858 posts, read 16,873,001 times
Great episode tonight. The writing is top notch, very creative.

Old 11-18-2015, 04:36 PM

12,350 posts, read 9,720,028 times
You've gotta be kidding me.

Just watched 2 minutes of last night's DVR'd episode and turned it off, erased it. Completely ridiculous and juvenile. I'm done. I think the writers are AWOL from their Jr. High School classes.

A pity, really. Because Jennifer Carpenter is really good. I guess she's been in some other stuff, but this is the first I've seen of her. Very talented actress.

Old 11-18-2015, 06:31 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,703,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post

Just watched 2 minutes of last night's DVR'd episode and turned it off, erased it. Completely ridiculous and juvenile. I'm done. I think the writers are AWOL from their Jr. High School classes.

A pity, really. Because Jennifer Carpenter is really good. I guess she's been in some other stuff, but this is the first I've seen of her. Very talented actress.
Wow, really?

I thought it was great!
I'm enjoying this so much I'm having a hard time believing it's on network TV.
I find it that creative.

Old 11-19-2015, 12:18 AM

8,452 posts, read 15,043,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post

Agree. It used to have an edge, now the writers have let the characters and situations slip into silly light comedy.

Old 11-19-2015, 03:55 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,705,895 times
I found that "edge" to be "too forced". The silly light comedy part of the show has always worked better afaic.

I like the characters I've seen Jennifer Carpenter play, but she's never really impressed me as an actress. I think she's well-suited as a foil for McDorman's goofy lead presence.

What I'm really wondering is whether Hill Harper can find a way to better fit into the mood of Limitless. To me, it still seems like he's on Covert Affairs, rather than serving as the straight man in a "silly light comedy".

Old 11-23-2015, 10:03 PM

9,150 posts, read 10,894,540 times
I love this show. Brian Finch is the most likable character in TV drama in 2015. I'm glad he told his dad.

Old 11-24-2015, 05:38 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,522,515 times
After last week, it was more like a sitcom I don't mind a tad of comedy, but they went overboard with it.
Love the show regardless, just hope they keep comedy to a minimal or the show will become corny.

The Wasnt agreement was he does not tell no one including his dad or there would be side effects of the NZT.

There is a real life pill kinda similar to NZT called Modafinil.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV