Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2017, 07:56 PM

679 posts, read 810,853 times

Advertisements

Renewed for Season 30!

http://tvline.com/2017/05/13/the-ama...-season-30-cbs

Last edited by snapdragon12; 05-13-2017 at 09:16 PM.. Reason: Added link
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2017, 08:39 PM

1,900 posts, read 2,268,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snapdragon12 View Post
Renewed for Season 30!
CBS Renews ‘Elementary’ and ‘The Amazing Race’ | Variety

Old 05-13-2017, 09:42 PM

Another great episode last week! Watch out for that self drive through Greece!

All the teams traveled together to Patras. Greece. More time for bonding.

In Patras the teams split into three groups.

Team Mom & Dad, The Boys, and Brooke and Scott found their way to Arahova pretty easily, and those three teams were close for the rest of the leg. Team Mom & Dad decided to join the wedding dancers rather than look for the clue, so the other two teams caught up. But Mom & Dad pretty much led the rest of the way.

All three teams had to lead a donkey through the village streets to deliver milk and collect cheese to give to the bride. In past seasons, obstinate donkeys have been the downfall of more than one team. These Greek donkeys seemed to be pretty cooperative. They all finished the detour easily and moved on to Athens, where they got to run a lap in the original Olympic Stadium. They then went to the roadblock where one team member had to learn a precision drill for the tomb of the Unknown Soldier. Mom & Dad stayed in the lead until the Pit Stop. Brooke finished before Matt, but they had a hard time finding Phil at the Pit Stop. The Boys got there at dusk, but Brooke and Scott didn't make it until after dark.

Team LoLo was with the first group on the road to Arahova but got separated. They mad it to Arahove and remained in fourth place throughout the leg to the Pit Stop. Their big problem was putting their car in reverse. London had to push it to get it turned around.

So all the drama went to the last two teams.

Teams had to cross the Rion-Antirion bridge, which Team Fun can see but can't get to. Meanwhile, Liz & Mike cross the bridge but miss a turn, and stubborn Mike refuses to turn around. He's convinced there's a road they can turn off on to get to where they're going even though Liz says there's not one on the map. Because they're behind, both teams get U turned and have to do both detours once they finally get to Arahova.

Liz and Mike are in the lead through the Arahova tasks, even though the mess up the second detour and only fetch one goat for a wedding present. Mike has to climb back up the steps to get his goat, but they still leave Arahova first. Team Fun name their donkey Speedy McSpeederson.

Somehow Team Fun passes Liz and Mike and get to the Olympic Stadium first. They run their lap and move on to the roadblock while Liz and Mike have to finish their speed bump - wrapping a skewer of animal organs with intestine.

Team Fun remains in the lead and finishes 5th. Liz and Mike are last and are eliminated.

I was pulling for Team Fun all the way. Mike was too stubborn to turn around and got them far behind. They then complained about Brooke and Scott U turning them. But Brooke and Scott were taking advantage of the U turn to protect themselves.

Glad Team Fun is still in it, and I'm looking forward to the two hour episode next week.

Old 05-13-2017, 10:24 PM

6,560 posts, read 14,478,211 times
That bridge is quite an engineering feat, really something to pass over, old Venetian forts flanking it. It has a special and innovative design that is meant to help it resist the region's seismic activity. Arachova (ah-RAKH-oh-vuh; most of them were saying it wrong) is kind of a cool town that we didn't have much time in, and the sheep cheese (we didn't try it) is called formaella. I was sort of surprised they didn't have them do something at the ancient Olympic stadium, which is not too far south of Patra. You can actually put your toes in the old marble starting blocks. There's also a stadium at Delphi, which is past Arachova on the way back to Athens.

As Liz and Mike neared the end of this leg (and their bickering neared the end of my TV set), I thought to myself: well, no one can say they didn't gut it out all the way. I've just seen impressive proof to the contrary.

Old 05-13-2017, 11:32 PM

5,118 posts, read 3,432,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snapdragon12 View Post
WooHoo!!!

Old 05-14-2017, 08:43 AM

5,066 posts, read 2,866,237 times
Woot on renewal. Very pleased.

That Mike seems to have issues with women(?)/people giving him directions. If he would actually listen they'd more than likely still be in the race. Being pig headed gets ya no where as he found out. I liked Liz too bad she got a meh partner.

Old 05-14-2017, 09:43 AM

1,873 posts, read 4,241,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonasW View Post
Woot on renewal. Very pleased.

That Mike seems to have issues with women(?)/people giving him directions. If he would actually listen they'd more than likely still be in the race. Being pig headed gets ya no where as he found out. I liked Liz too bad she got a meh partner.
I agree completely.
That Bull-Headedness of Mike cost them the race.

Old 05-14-2017, 11:13 AM

130,670 posts, read 12,177,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seashelly View Post
I agree completely.
That Bull-Headedness of Mike cost them the race.

I also agree, he was so stupid to refuse to turn around & instead kept getting further away by going up a mountain. What an idiot, I felt sorry for his racing partner. However between them & team fun, I root for team fun.

Scott seems to have stopped blasting his partner, I don't like him. but I don't mind her.

But yippee for the renewal. I love this show.

Old 05-14-2017, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evening sun View Post
I also agree, he was so stupid to refuse to turn around & instead kept getting further away by going up a mountain. What an idiot, I felt sorry for his racing partner. However between them & team fun, I root for team fun.
Liz kept saying that there was no other road going SE on the map they could use, but Mike kept complaining that Liz couldn't read the map and there must be a road there. The other thing was that he refused to pull over to look at the map himself. Eventually he turned around and backtracked. I don't remember an apology from him.

Glad Team Fun overcame their poor self driving.

Old 05-14-2017, 12:21 PM

4,884 posts, read 5,023,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCDave View Post
Liz kept saying that there was no other road going SE on the map they could use, but Mike kept complaining that Liz couldn't read the map and there must be a road there. The other thing was that he refused to pull over to look at the map himself. Eventually he turned around and backtracked. I don't remember an apology from him.

Glad Team Fun overcame their poor self driving.
Would've taken 2 minutes to see for himself, IDIOT. I think it would've made a huge difference in their game, but glad he is gone. Sorry for his partner.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV