Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2008, 03:34 PM

3,089 posts, read 8,510,059 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aragx6 View Post
I've only now started watching all the episodes when they show the marathons and I was absolutely floored when she said she spends an average of $150/week on groceries!!

I know I am kind of a foodie, but I spend almost that much for two! And I know my mom spent about that much on the 4 of us when I was a kid!

People here might pick on them for going on vacations and what not, but you can tell they work really really hard!
They buy organic only thats why it is so much

I really really hope that women that watches the kids is getting money too. She has to watch her own kids + their 8 children!!!!

Old 07-01-2008, 08:42 AM

12,063 posts, read 31,623,677 times
^^ You think $150 a week for a family of 10 is a lot???? That's like nothing! (Even if it doesn't include meat)

And the babysitter... do you mean the brother and sister in law? They're family, I'm sure they don't mind helping.

Old 07-01-2008, 08:48 AM

3,963 posts, read 10,632,725 times
nitokenshi-

Buying organic costs MORE, not less. This makes her spending all the more commendable. She's a coupon/sale wizard.

I think they're an amazing family. I love how they make it work. It's nice to have a show I can watch with my kids that we all enjoy.

Old 07-01-2008, 05:46 PM

631 posts, read 1,886,275 times
I just love this show and the family. Just an inspiration. I am really impressed by how much one on one time they try to give the kids and to give them their special days. The Duggars should take note and learn a thing or two from Jon & Kate.

Old 07-01-2008, 08:00 PM

3,963 posts, read 10,632,725 times
The Duggars! LOL! Wow, no comparison.

The Gosselins have MUCH better hair

Old 07-01-2008, 08:07 PM

3,089 posts, read 8,510,059 times
I actually read some where that TLC did want to pay Aunt Julie for having the cameras in her house but Kate said no and now they is a rift of some sort.

Old 07-02-2008, 09:40 AM

12,063 posts, read 31,623,677 times
^^ Huh, that's weird. I guess I'd wonder what business it is of Kate's if Julie got paid... If TLC wants to give someone money LET THEM LOL!

I also wanted to be clear that I don't think Kate is perfect. She can really drive me crazy sometimes, but I can be a total brat sometimes and I am not a sleep-deprived mother of 8! As she says at the beginning - that doesn't always bring out the best in them!

Old 07-02-2008, 09:55 AM

1,731 posts, read 4,683,453 times
Don't believe everything you read. There is a small group of women out there who are dedicated to slamming J&K and have created numerous websites with different screen names to post bs stories and pretend to be "insiders" because they have nothing better to do. The funny thing is they all profess to be super moms yet spend most of their days & nights online trashing not only Jon & Kate but the kids as well. They are also constantly threatning to call CPS and get the kids taken away and put in foster care for abuse. Methinks they need to put down the cheetos and soda and get real lives.

Old 07-02-2008, 11:28 AM

1,081 posts, read 1,647,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathleen1971 View Post
Don't believe everything you read. There is a small group of women out there who are dedicated to slamming J&K and have created numerous websites with different screen names to post bs stories and pretend to be "insiders" because they have nothing better to do. The funny thing is they all profess to be super moms yet spend most of their days & nights online trashing not only Jon & Kate but the kids as well. They are also constantly threatning to call CPS and get the kids taken away and put in foster care for abuse. Methinks they need to put down the cheetos and soda and get real lives.
I love this show! I think the only people who have the right to criticize J&K are those who have the same amount of kids at the same ages and do it better! I have 2 kids 3 years apart and that was all I could do. When I see the strategizing that has to happen for them to take a simple trip to the mall, I am flabbergasted and exhausted all at once.

Haters need to get a life of their own instead of envying what they don't have!

Old 07-02-2008, 12:31 PM

1,731 posts, read 4,683,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siobjuan View Post
I love this show! I think the only people who have the right to criticize J&K are those who have the same amount of kids at the same ages and do it better! I have 2 kids 3 years apart and that was all I could do. When I see the strategizing that has to happen for them to take a simple trip to the mall, I am flabbergasted and exhausted all at once.

Haters need to get a life of their own instead of envying what they don't have!

I love the show too and honestly I don't mind people criticizing J&K within reason but some of the stuff they come up with is incredibly insane. Considering how many times some of the folks will post about poor Jon and how cute he is leads me to believe a lot of them are just jealous they don't have what Kate has. Regardless, the idea that those adorable kids are abused is just incredible. Such a bunch of nutjobs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV