Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2008, 09:29 PM

3,943 posts, read 6,373,179 times

Advertisements

Sorry if this has been posted, but Aunt Jodi is not allowed on the show anymore.
Gosselins Without Pity: Aunt Jodi: The Tribe Has Spoken

Old 07-28-2008, 04:15 PM

5,244 posts, read 4,708,787 times
Wow, I am speechless about Jodi's banishment and Kate being so darn selfish. I don't think I will watch her in the same way again.

Old 07-28-2008, 07:34 PM

146 posts, read 1,010,926 times
I had heard that too. I thought the episode where Kate had a meltdown about Jodi giving the kids gum was a bit ridiculous. I mean really, Jodi watches 6 kids plus her own out of the goodness of her heart and Kate criticizes her on national television for doing it like it was a major crime. Then Kate threatens little Aiden that she is going to have to throw away his bear because it got some gum on it. I make dolls for a living and I can tell you when they come back for repairs they have been well loved meaning they have seen gum, scissors, ink, puke, and they are still that child's most treasured possession. Kate needs to mellow a bit on kids and messes. Kids need to make messes so they can learn to clean up messes. It's part of life and they are missing out on that lesson.

Old 07-29-2008, 05:21 AM

23,866 posts, read 33,545,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolly View Post
I thought the episode where Kate had a meltdown about Jodi giving the kids gum was a bit ridiculous. I mean really, Jodi watches 6 kids plus her own out of the goodness of her heart and Kate criticizes her on national television for doing it like it was a major crime. Then Kate threatens little Aiden that she is going to have to throw away his bear because it got some gum on it. I make dolls for a living and I can tell you when they come back for repairs they have been well loved meaning they have seen gum, scissors, ink, puke, and they are still that child's most treasured possession. Kate needs to mellow a bit on kids and messes. Kids need to make messes so they can learn to clean up messes. It's part of life and they are missing out on that lesson.
Everyone parents differently. I know people that don't give gum to kids under a certain age. They've also had a melt down over it. When my kids were small, I didn't give soda till a certain age, then it was soda with no caffeine but only on special occasions. I know I saw the episode but I don't remember Kate going off on Jodi.

I some what remember the bear, I was thinking why throw it out, throw it in the freezer. I also make cloth dolls & dogs, have 2 kids that liked certain stuff animals more then other toys. My son at 23 still has his original animals boxed up.

Kate has 8 children and has to be exhausted most days. I don't doubt that things just pop out of her mouth. She probably says things to the little ones that she didn't say to the twins. I am not the perfect parent, I have 2 kids that are 8 years apart and have different personalities. With my 2nd she was so active that I needed to be in bed by 8pm. Did I say/do things I didn't do with my son? Yes.

We also have to remember that the show is edited and may not have happened the way they are showing it. Little People Big World has a forum, Matt used to go to it but had to stop, ended up making his own. He posts that it's all in the editing, and as a viewer I need to remember that.

Old 07-29-2008, 06:17 AM

1,242 posts, read 2,460,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by therewego View Post
Well I do not see how they can let the cameras into the school with respect to the privacy of all the other children at that school. As for the hair implants, I just saw that episode and was a bit annoyed that again, it was "given" to them. I am so annoyed by that all that is "given" to them like that hair surgery, her tummy tuck, ski trips to Utah, trip to California, framed photos, etc. Now I am just getting annoyed by them... and what is up with her little chicken hair.
[mod cut]

I like how many people in this thread are just jealous of this family. Seriously, there is nothing to be jealous about. I'm sure raising eight kids seems easy but it most likely isn't.

Last edited by aragx6; 07-29-2008 at 10:31 AM.. Reason: off topic, unneccessary

Old 07-29-2008, 10:20 PM

181 posts, read 631,618 times
I know what you mean about Kates's hair. I have seen on the show that she goes and gets it cut and colored but she seems to not know how to style it herself. It always looks odd and stands up in the back

Old 07-29-2008, 10:51 PM

2,969 posts, read 6,943,791 times
Default Why do you care so much?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FedupWNY View Post
It isn't that I "hate" them, but the show itself is hyped up and they (Jon & Kate) think they are the only parents in the world.

As far as the "strategizing" of going places.... they knew they were having a huge set of multiples via the help of modern science, parenting with any amount of sibs (no matter) the age range is no walk in the park at times. Where would they be if they hadn't been selected to be "Big Brothered" for entertainment?
geez...what did these people ever personally do to you to get you so worked up?? it is a freakin' tv show - and a fun one to watch!

Old 07-29-2008, 11:05 PM

713 posts, read 2,717,106 times
When people put themselves out into the public eye, they do so knowing that they are also subjecting themselves to public scrutiny, comment, and criticism. No one here should be suprised to read negative (or positive) remarks about this family on this forum. We are entitled to express our opinions on the show. If it is true that they are getting paid I am sure that they are socking it away for the children's college tuition, at least I would hope so!

Old 07-30-2008, 05:03 AM

23,866 posts, read 33,545,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess5 View Post
Sorry if this has been posted, but Aunt Jodi is not allowed on the show anymore.
Gosselins Without Pity: Aunt Jodi: The Tribe Has Spoken
I went to the link yesterday, then went to another link from that one.. wow is all I can say.

I ended up at Jodi's sisters blog, my opinion of Jodi is changing. While I like seeing Jodi on the show, the show isn't about her. I've been DVR'ing the show, and will have to see if I have the gum one, but I didn't think that episode was a big deal until you read all of the "drama" on the blog. I guess Jodi vents to her sister, but does Jodi know her sister is blogging about all of this? To me, I'll be surprised if Jodi will be in their lives any more.

I don't see the show lasting much longer. If Jon & Kate are able to find another house and move, maybe we'll get another season. Kids should be in school in another year, maybe they will do specials like holiday.

The kids are cute, I enjoy watching them & will watch until they call it quits.

Old 07-30-2008, 07:53 AM

2 posts, read 7,116 times
Default It's not invetro

It's IUI, and there is a big difference. If you're going to be ignorant, at least try to get it right.

Must be nice to sit in a lofty chair and pass judgment on people who have trouble getting pregnant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV