Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-11-2009, 09:42 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,183,768 times

Advertisements

You know whose fault IT is?? All this Kate & Jon drama?? Which one did this, or that , or whatever??!!
Society's fault, that is whose! All this reality crap tv that really mirrors nothing the majority of us are living. And oh how we have been suckered in to watching all this fluff. Disgusting how we have been manipulated into worshiping the goshawful crap on TV that passes, barely, as entertainment these days.
If more people would turn the TV off, and talk and interact with their own realities (aka family!!) maybe Jon and Kate, and all others like them will fade away....far away

well i can wish

Old 08-11-2009, 11:57 PM

1,915 posts, read 3,486,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StilltheSame View Post
I just want to shout from the rooftops - "get these people off my television!" So over them!
Change the channel? Duh?

Old 08-12-2009, 12:36 AM

1,915 posts, read 3,486,709 times
So, Dear Jon, the sweet man who never did anything wrong, who has gotten waaaay out of control by screwing anything that walks (yet his "heart" is with a 22 year old...barf) has a lot of growing up to do.

What MATURE male does what he has done? Especially KNOWING that his arse is being watched? Who is Jon other than a ball of bad hair and moobs...the man who didn't want the "lime light" with Kate.....yet he's anywhere and everywhere sans Kate so he can get his picture taken? With any 22 year old crotch that thinks balding and fat is cute?

Just b/c your realtionships sucked behind, doesn't mean Jon is exempt from ridicule for his ridiculous behavior. He's a flaming asshat. For 30 or 32 he's acting like an 18 year old *****. And anyone who thinks for one second that his behavior is acceptable...well, what is wrong with you? What are you trying to defend? Your own bad behavior? Most likely...b/c there is NO excuse for what Jon is doing and especially in the public eye.

No NORMAL person thinks Jon is behaving in any sort of an acceptable fashion. Easy to blame Kate. But he's NOT with Kate anymore, so this is Jon without Kate keeping his pathetic arse in line. And it's a hot freaking mess.

And you wonder why she was so hard on him? Look what he is without her. A pathetic, stick his little Jon in ANYTHING. Yeah, that's a MAN!! That's payback to the beyotch! Waaaay to go Jon! All he's doing is proving how pathetic, immature and how badly he really needs someone to keep him on the straight and narrow. Without the show Jon would be having his screw of the day over to the house when it's his weekend with the kids...but instead of the "girl" walking out of the garage, she'd be walking out of the house, where the kids stay.

Can't imagine if Kate lived above the garage and had some little hoochie boy sneak out in the early am.

Old 08-12-2009, 04:16 AM

1,106 posts, read 2,954,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy thereader View Post
I watched the new episode again Monday just to see if I could catch what everyone is talking about. I guess I just don't see what you all mean. Kate seems like a perfectly nice young person to me & the kids are well-behaved and seem to get along well with each other.

Are there other shows that display a different side ? The husband seemed very phlegmatic & probably not someone who would make a good match for her, but even he seemed okay.

I just don't see the reason for so much animosity toward a total stranger . I know it isn't just on this forum because I can see the headlines when I'm on the supermarket checkout line.
If you ever have a chance to watch a mini marathon (sometimes they show them in the late afternoons, sometimes even more episodes on the weekends) and you see some of the older episodes, you will see what people are talking about in regards to her nastiness to Jon and a few others. Just one example out of many was that she once berated him on camera for not getting a receipt for something he bought for the house for $50.00. They make a reported $75k per episode, there have been over 100 episodes. Plus they have received many free items, such as solar panels, motorcycles, trips, she makes money for speaking engagements and books sales etc. The point to all of that is, they are NOT poor. Why she would scream at him for a $50 receipt was flabbergasting to most people.

She was habitually correcting his grammar. When he got fed up with her embarrassing him and speaking to him like he was a child and spoke back to her, she escilated it, and would roll her eyes. She would roll her eyes if he was talking about something that interested him, that she didn't agree with. That took a toll on him, he started withdrawing, and shut down on her. Hence, part of the marital situation. Who knows what goes on behind closed doors, perhaps more went on that we don't know about. All we can talk about is what has been shown, which is Kate's mean and hateful behavior.

Regarding the headlines and the tabloids, many people feel that at first, they were a wonderful couple, struggling to raise 8 kids. Little by little, over the seasons, things started changing. The money and becoming a celebrity got to their (especially Kate's) heads and Kate started acting like a diva, becoming estranged from her friends and family, as she treated more like servants.

Old 08-12-2009, 04:58 AM

1,287 posts, read 3,336,934 times
I don't think anyone has said that Dear Jon can do no wrong.

Old 08-12-2009, 05:42 AM

1,106 posts, read 2,954,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWeavin View Post
Kate is so precious and so pretty. She's such a wonderful mom. She keeps an immaculate house all the while maintaining such a positive and pleasing attitude. Her personality should be bottled and sold because it is just adorable.
I'm sure she must give some of the free things away to charities and such because she is such a wonderful Christian and I can't imagine her not doing anything but the right thing. Plus she surely must do volunteer work because she is the perfect example of all that is good.
I just don't know how she gets so much done in one day. I'm in awe of her.
When I wake up everyday-she is my inspiration. If I could even be a quarter of the perfect person she is-I would be ecstatic.
If this show ever goes off the air and I couldn't see my idol-Kate-I think I would do myself in.
That was beautiful, and Kate approved.

Old 08-12-2009, 06:06 AM

1,820 posts, read 4,492,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyG View Post
Change the channel? Duh?

Funny... Yeah,pretty sure there are several other choices out there to watch these days....

Old 08-12-2009, 06:24 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,651,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyG View Post
So, Dear Jon, the sweet man who never did anything wrong, who has gotten waaaay out of control by screwing anything that walks (yet his "heart" is with a 22 year old...barf) has a lot of growing up to do.

What MATURE male does what he has done? Especially KNOWING that his arse is being watched? Who is Jon other than a ball of bad hair and moobs...the man who didn't want the "lime light" with Kate.....yet he's anywhere and everywhere sans Kate so he can get his picture taken? With any 22 year old crotch that thinks balding and fat is cute?
Who is defending any of this behavior? I'll wait.

Quote:
Just b/c your realtionships sucked behind, doesn't mean Jon is exempt from ridicule for his ridiculous behavior. He's a flaming asshat. For 30 or 32 he's acting like an 18 year old *****. And anyone who thinks for one second that his behavior is acceptable...well, what is wrong with you? What are you trying to defend? Your own bad behavior? Most likely...b/c there is NO excuse for what Jon is doing and especially in the public eye.

No NORMAL person thinks Jon is behaving in any sort of an acceptable fashion.
Again, I see nobody defending Jon or saying that what he is doing is acceptable. You're urinating on the wrong fire.

Quote:
Easy to blame Kate. But he's NOT with Kate anymore, so this is Jon without Kate keeping his pathetic arse in line. And it's a hot freaking mess.

And you wonder why she was so hard on him?
No, I don't wonder at all. She was hard on him because her reprehensible little personality told her to be.

Quote:
Look what he is without her. A pathetic, stick his little Jon in ANYTHING. Yeah, that's a MAN!! That's payback to the beyotch! Waaaay to go Jon! All he's doing is proving how pathetic, immature and how badly he really needs someone to keep him on the straight and narrow. Without the show Jon would be having his screw of the day over to the house when it's his weekend with the kids...but instead of the "girl" walking out of the garage, she'd be walking out of the house, where the kids stay.

Can't imagine if Kate lived above the garage and had some little hoochie boy sneak out in the early am.
You mean she doesn't?

Someone's got a burr up their azz for Jon, eh? This same obsession with the faults of Jon, which we have all pointed out, belies a myopia that obscures the faults of Kate. I just don't understand it. You have absolutely no objectivity; you have issues with this man (and probably all men). It's so transparent it's not even funny.

Old 08-12-2009, 07:49 AM

497 posts, read 1,176,517 times
In the early years I wondered how Jon could stand Kate and her bossy ways. Now that we've got to know Jon better, I see clearly why Kate was bitchy and bossy. She had to be. Jon is not much more than another child.

I am sick to death of them both. I subscribe to PEOPLE Magazine and recently wrote them that if they put either of those two in another issue, they can cancel my subscription. I don't think there has been an issue in 8 weeks or more where they aren't on the cover or at least a story inside.

Old 08-12-2009, 07:49 AM

2,482 posts, read 6,532,564 times
nancy-----go back to the first two seasons. Watch a couple shows. Then watch a few more on the next season. Then jump to the present and you'll see what everyone including the media is talking about. I had no idea about these people until I was channel surfing one day and stopped on TLC because a cute little girl named Hannah was talking to the camera. I stop and watched. Then occasionally I would catch a TLC Marathon and I would watch a few. Then the media started with the whole show down.

I remember one show Kate threw a fit because Jon didn't use a coupon! I mean total melt down. OR the one where she tormented the boys about a handle from their dresser that was found in the girls room. The look she gave those little babies put total fear in them at age 2 1/2. Or when she told Jon it iritated her when he breathed???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV