Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-28-2009, 06:32 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,555,340 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proud Rowlett Owner View Post
I seen one were a draw knob was found in the girls room and Kate FREAKED out demanded the girls as to where this came from...girls said boys room....she stomps into the boys room and the boys were playing having fun and then all of a sudden they see Mommy Kate..didn't show her face...but I am sure it was ugly...to ugly for little 3 year old kids (I think that is how old they were) and she bombed "Where did this come from" and the fear these kids had in their eyes!!! They froze and were fearful of Kate...now is that something a 3 year old needs to be fearful of Mommy Kate!!!! I wonder if she ever watches these shows and sees how she is?

The womens so tightly wound it's sad, Does she know she has a problem, yeah, does she see these episodes, yeah, the kids watched the episodes at nap times as well. I saw the epiosode with "Mommy Dearest" and the little froze faces, too. I keep hearing, Jon needs to man up, but I saw an episode where he tried to take control of a situation with the kids, Kate told the kids "Isn't Daddy mean" thats what manning up did for Jon.

How about the episode with the guy from This Old House, I forget his name? How cute when she came out with her little cups of hot chocolate, jeez Kate, you went all out, you spared no exspence and all that warm hospitality..... Or the episode with the new puppy's she thought were so cute, but then told the kids as they scampered around cleaning up the piddle, that the dogs would have to go. Well here's a little message from the dogs "Bite Me"

I've been along time fan of the show, but I'm not helping pad Kates pockets. If enough people stop watching and there ratings go down, who knows ?? I hope Jon time away will help him figure out what he wants to do with the rest of his life.

Old 05-28-2009, 06:37 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,455,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proud Rowlett Owner View Post
40 episodes of perks, perks, perks.......for Kate!
You hadn't noticed that Jon was also the recipient of some of those perks and the inflow of cash? Hmmmm, teeth whitening, hair plugs, gym membership, vacation/condo in Utah, the sportscar he drove up to the birthday party in.....not sure how many of those college coeds he was simply out having a drink with would have been overly interested in a chubby, balding, dad of 8 driving a donated oversized van...

Old 05-28-2009, 06:52 PM

1,287 posts, read 3,336,594 times
I want to read Mady's book someday.

Old 05-28-2009, 06:54 PM

2,212 posts, read 5,152,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
I don't believe everything I read in magazines, and I don't state rumor as if it is fact on this forum. This along with what Kevin and Jodi said on The Early Show have pretty much convinced me not to watch anymore. I was sort of thinking that since I've been watching from the beginning, and am not a "new" viewer that I could justify continuing to watch because I would have watched anyway w/o all the drama. But I may have to give it up.
I agree wholeheartedly and am going to one of those who don't watch anymore. There ARE better things to watch on TV (or better yet, go play with your kids!) and after watching the season premiere, I couldn't help feeling a little slimy about it. The show used to be charming. It was a fun little escape to watch the little kids biking on the driveway and eating at that really big table. The novelty and clips for the show are now forced upon viewers like a bad infomercial and I for one have better things to do (and I really hope that there are some here on this thread who will do the same) than watch a marriage fall apart.

Incidentally, I was at Barnes and Noble today and just a glance at the magazine section showed that the backlash against Kate is beginning. She is being portrayed as a self-centered money grubbing mom who is more interested in self-promotion than in watching her kids grow up. I am not excusing Jon in any of this (though I don't think he's having/had an affair...he IS sick of the show though and is "acting out" like a teenager), but Kate is definitely being portrayed as the villain in this saga and TLC is going to have to really watch themselves because what is currently a money making machine can quickly flip into a nightmare for ratings. That happens often before anyone realizes what's happened and the public is very quick to turn on people.

So, to those on this thread, adieu. Hopefully we will interract on other threads here on city-data. I, however, have decided to put an end to my watching this show and since I don't plan on watching anything further, I won't have anything to contribute!

Old 05-28-2009, 07:23 PM

1,507 posts, read 3,133,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
You hadn't noticed that Jon was also the recipient of some of those perks and the inflow of cash? Hmmmm, teeth whitening, hair plugs, gym membership, vacation/condo in Utah, the sportscar he drove up to the birthday party in.....not sure how many of those college coeds he was simply out having a drink with would have been overly interested in a chubby, balding, dad of 8 driving a donated oversized van...

ah ha finally someone who sees what i saw!

Old 05-28-2009, 07:31 PM

84 posts, read 189,500 times
I am not a watcher of the show but know so much about this family from my daughter who watches it. She has told me so much it makes me gag.

What I want to know is, why is the brother of Kate and his wife BARELY coming out and publically saying the children are being harmed by this show? Where were they four years ago? Or what has happened recently to make them do this?

Also, today on The View, the ladies brought up the Jackie Coogan Law and how was it kids on reality shows are not protected by the same law as those children who work on sitcoms, dramas, etc.

Old 05-28-2009, 07:55 PM

1,692 posts, read 3,538,230 times
Thought this was cute<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CzoAxjNgi8I...</param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CzoAxjNgi8I&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Old 05-28-2009, 08:10 PM

8,862 posts, read 17,485,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paralegal3 View Post
I am not a watcher of the show but know so much about this family from my daughter who watches it. She has told me so much it makes me gag.

What I want to know is, why is the brother of Kate and his wife BARELY coming out and publically saying the children are being harmed by this show? Where were they four years ago? Or what has happened recently to make them do this?

Also, today on The View, the ladies brought up the Jackie Coogan Law and how was it kids on reality shows are not protected by the same law as those children who work on sitcoms, dramas, etc.

There was a 'falling out' between Kevin and Jodi and J & K. Jodi's sister has been blogging and some of the problems have been aired online. I assume the major networks are now more interested in any news about Jon and Kate--so the timing was right.

Apparently they have tried to express their concerns to Jon and Kate and the response was 'Mind Your Own Business'. This is all hearsay so, FWIW.

I read in another post that the Coogan Law exists in CA but PA obviously has different laws relevant to child actors--possibly there hasn't been a need to address this issue?

Old 05-28-2009, 08:24 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,167,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paralegal3 View Post

Jodi's sister writes a blog and when whatever happened between Kevin/Jodi and Jon/Kate happened last year, Jodi went on video within this blog to say that she was speaking up for the kids and that she was worried about the situation. I suppose none of the main stream media or tabloid TV saw it or cared about it. Now J & K are in the spotlight, so Jodi has a better chance to be heard. I wouldn't be surprised if she got a lawmaker to sponsor a bill protecting reality TV kids.

Old 05-28-2009, 08:48 PM

8,862 posts, read 17,485,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
Jodi's sister writes a blog and when whatever happened between Kevin/Jodi and Jon/Kate happened last year, Jodi went on video within this blog to say that she was speaking up for the kids and that she was worried about the situation. I suppose none of the main stream media or tabloid TV saw it or cared about it. Now J & K are in the spotlight, so Jodi has a better chance to be heard. I wouldn't be surprised if she got a lawmaker to sponsor a bill protecting reality TV kids.
Such a bill might protect them financially but unless PA outlaws young children from being filmed I don't know that they can be protected from the psychological damage, which I assume is the priority with Kevin and Jodi.

At one point Jodi was very diplomatic about J & K and commented that the bickering was just their communication style which sounded intense to listeners but that was just how they were. At some point things took a turn for the worse.

If having another child was such a major issue I don't understand how they could consider having a Reality Show and have the seething resentment scrutinized.

It would have been nice to see a family on the way to happy and productive lives. It is really disturbing to have either parent villified. Paul Peterson commented that he didn't believe J & K had any idea how the notoriety could affect their lives. I believe that and I believe they were desperate at the time they signed up for this. Then things changed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV