U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2009, 02:11 PM

3,790 posts, read 8,516,162 times

Advertisements

I want to know just who in their right mind would date Jon or Kate after all of this is over? Jon will be broke from paying that much child support and no one will want to date a woman with 8 kids!!! They are almost better off being miserable with each other. LOL
Rate this post positively

Old 05-29-2009, 02:20 PM

2,969 posts, read 6,669,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by returningtonepa??? View Post
wow an educated guess------usually its the passive immature one who outwardly appears passive aggressive that is in control-----forcing the other partner to take over giving that partner the APPEARANCE of being domineering----im' sure none of you poor jon supporters will see that
returningtonepa -- why are you so down on Jon but not Kate? Don't you think she is to blame at all for this mess? I think Jon is too, but I think most of the fault lies with Kate.

Old 05-29-2009, 02:27 PM

8,862 posts, read 16,418,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kentuckydad95 View Post
I want to know just who in their right mind would date Jon or Kate after all of this is over? Jon will be broke from paying that much child support and no one will want to date a woman with 8 kids!!! They are almost better off being miserable with each other. LOL
I've thought about this, too.

Financially, I can only assume that they structured their 'Family Business' in a way that can be divided without great drama and in which everyone 'wins'.

As for social lives perhaps they will not be eager to marry again in the near future?
I think Kate has a 'new' set of friends and that she might find some companionship--trips to Martha's Vineyard and that sort of thing?

As much as she annoys me I am glad she has transformed herself. The post baby tummy was something no one should have to endure.

Jon seems to make friends easily and probably has friends that have known him since childhood.

LOL--What a wonderful twist to 'The Parent Trap'--such a film would boost the family accounts.

Old 05-29-2009, 02:47 PM

24,849 posts, read 34,279,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYMD67 View Post
just curious... does anyone know if the older daughters go to private or public schools?
I heard private, but I don't know for sure. They do wear uniforms, but some public schools do that too. If they plan to keep private school up with the 6, that's going to cost big time $$$

Old 05-29-2009, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmom48 View Post
Well this show and family are what they give us to see. I had read that they at times based shows on viewers comments. Like doing something with the boys . I had said for while that Kate favors the girls. In fact she really favors Hannah stating she is like her. When a problem comes up when they are out she then yells Jon come get your child. I got sick a long time ago with her saying she needed a nanny because she can't get stuff done. THe problem is she is nuts. She washing the floor or says she does several times a day. She brought work to herself and I think wanted Jon home so she could have him as a nanny because she fired all the others. Those kids should have either been in school at 3 or they could have because they had 6 hired a teacher to have preschool with them. AS premies they are at risk kids. They also need to be social and learn social skills with other kids who aren;t their sibs. Other kids are really going to teach them things. LIke Hannah will not be the boss with other kids she will learn that other kids who aren't her sibs won't be bossed by her. Besides a camera in their face they never unless Jon lets them be kids who get dirty and allthat. If you had watched the show for a few years you know what a relative was saying was true. Kate tried to let the kids do messy things and my guess because viewers were talkng about her, you can tell in some shows that it was set up. Kate has a big head and until the people who watch this show send her a message that we all can live without her and move on she will keep trying to be in the spotlight beause I think at this point that comes before anything else to her. They have money they have been doing this show for 5 years and look what they get for each show. They got lots of perks so if they didn't put money away then I 'm sorry I don't feel sorry for them. THis season alone TLC is showing 40 episodes which is double the usual. If that doesn't make your stomach turn what does.
the 6 have been in preschool this year (age 4). I thought the episode where Kate hired a house cleaner was annoying too. If I could afford it, I'd have one, don't get me wrong. But when she was saying how often she cleans things - way too much. It isn't necessary. I'm kind of a clean freak in the kitchen, but she's off the charts compared to me. Why sweep up the crumbs under the table after every meal, if it will be dirty again the next time they eat? Once/day would be fine.

Old 05-29-2009, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentuckydad95 View Post
If Kate is the one raking in the money (IF she can continue), she'll be the one paying Jon spousal support.

Old 05-29-2009, 03:00 PM

8,862 posts, read 16,418,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
If Kate is the one raking in the money (IF she can continue), she'll be the one paying Jon spousal support.
I saw $10 million as an estimated figure of net worth.

Old 05-29-2009, 03:02 PM

8,239 posts, read 16,478,822 times
The dumbest waste of time on TV. She's shrill to the point of aggression, he's an idiot, the kids are cute, but so what- hardly cute enough to fill an hour of TV, let alone 5 seasons. Go away!!!

Old 05-29-2009, 03:12 PM

1,692 posts, read 3,401,077 times
Well as far as the child support there might be issues that we don't know that Jon could use as well. He was working if she told him to stop and be home and just be apart of this LaLa land they build then he is working with her and so are the kids. I don't know how that works because he is part of this just like her. They are not poor by no means so these people on TV that use the excuse they shoulod stay on to support the kids is silly. They have money.

Old 05-29-2009, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmom48 View Post
Well as far as the child support there might be issues that we don't know that Jon could use as well. He was working if she told him to stop and be home and just be apart of this LaLa land they build then he is working with her and so are the kids. I don't know how that works because he is part of this just like her. They are not poor by no means so these people on TV that use the excuse they shoulod stay on to support the kids is silly. They have money.
If they do divorce, it will be a complicated settlement for sure. He's part of the show, but could leave it. would they have to sell the big house and buy 2 smaller ones? It would depend on how much time the kids spend with each parent. Like you said, he quit his job for this. He could leave the show AND refuse to let the kids continue. Who knows?

edit: Jon could probably even rightfully claim that some of her endorsement power is there partly because of him. He could probably get a piece of her existing endorsements, even if she's doing them alone.

Last edited by Kibbiekat; 05-29-2009 at 03:45 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.