Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2008, 01:15 PM

430 posts, read 1,174,835 times

Advertisements

I like this show. Kate just seems a little complusive. I like it better than the other show they aired that people had 5 kids. I just wonder how they do all the stuff they did with the kids and travel. WE can't do any of that and have less kids and we both work

Old 05-04-2008, 03:37 PM

991 posts, read 4,618,488 times
The friend lives in a Mcmansion, the aunt the lady with the red hair, looks like she lives in a subdivision somewhere near Jon and Kate, thanks for the response! what religion are Jon and Kate?

Old 05-04-2008, 06:29 PM

3,963 posts, read 10,632,725 times
Their website says they are non-denominational, but currently attending an Assembly of God church.

Old 05-26-2008, 10:15 PM

2,972 posts, read 8,214,396 times
Default Jon, Kate plus 8 on TLC, This is parenting???

Today on TLC I watched a marathon of 4 episodes of this show on raising two sets of "multiples". In every show.... they traveled. Going to DisneyLand, the Oprah Show, a ski trip in Utah.

When the H-E-double hockey sticks- do these people ever stay home? The husband is a computer tech guy (or something like that) and the wife is a stay at home mom, how on Earth can these people live the way they do? Oh, I forgot, they had twins then sextuplets and certian things are exploited via TV.

I have a set of "multiples" (el natur-al) and one two years older, our first family vacation was 4 years ago.... the next probably won't be for the next 4 years. I don't foresee being on Oprah anytime soon but the one thing on parenting that I have learned is "stability". Yeah, this show is all about a crying 3 year old who doesn't want to be awaken at 3 am as per their destination reached in according to "episode DRAMA made for TV" ....

In real life, (and above the "wife" having to explain keeping an appointment with her hair-dresser 20 hours prior to a trip to DisneyLand ), this show sucks. Being a parent of 3, I have yet to see these parents planning a family movie night within the comforts of thier own home, I've yet to see the children enjoying their own back yard. Do these parents agrue/discuss the finances on a single income household with 8 children (without the deals/perks of being a TV reality show) ?

If Oprah ever has a show planned on raising "multiples" without the FLUFFY bull to play-up "reality TV" then let me know.

OMG, if I had a quarter for every grass stain or every time one of mine happened to have gotten icecream down the front of their shirt while at Disney Land....

end rant..... the show is not "real" as per reality.

Old 05-27-2008, 09:13 AM

1,401 posts, read 3,773,974 times
Not to mention the fact that Kate is a flat out *****. She is condescending to her husband, can't stand to not be the center of the universe. The only reason they do this show is for the $$$.

I think the plug should have been pulled on them before the show even aired.

There are PLENTY of families with multiples, and they don't get these perks. Why? Because they live in the REAL world. Not the "I must have everything my way, so here are my kids, I'm going to exploit the hell out of them to get what I want."

Ridiculous.

Old 05-27-2008, 09:25 AM

2,589 posts, read 10,556,354 times
Was watching it last night with the family and both my son and I were commenting about how nagging she is to her husband... not sure I'd want to be around her too much... for the most part the kids do seem to be well-behaved and they are cute... I like him and the kids - don't care for her...

Old 05-27-2008, 09:28 AM

895 posts, read 4,249,046 times
I watch this show for the entertainment value and the "I'm so glad this isn't me." If you'd watch this show from the beginning, you would see the entire shift in the show since they were on TLC. First, let me clarify that I don't religiously watch it and so I might have the info incorrect. At the beginning, Kate (who does come across as a royal b$&%h) was heavy, unhappy, tired and cranky. She had sextuplets and little help. They began to get neighbors and people in the community to help them (someone comes in to fold laundry, put it away, help clean house, etc.). Then a viewer's husband (a plastic surgeon) gave her a tummy tuck and she began to like how she looked and took extra time for herself. Every mom needs a little something special and she likes to get pedicures and her hair done. Don't you? Jon and Kate are very sensitive to how they are perceived. They're not trying to give you entertainment but show you how ONE family survives with eight small children. And if you continue to watch the show, you will see the following:
-They DROVE from Pennsylvania to Disney World, Florida in their van with all the kids. Now, I've driven cross country with my four kids and can't imagine doing it with eight!
-Their vacation to Park City was comped by the resort as well as a lot of the ski clothes. Yes, there are perks to having your own reality show.
-They are constantly showing the kids playing in their front and back yard. You just need to have some patience and watch--it was a rerun marathon.
-Jon recently switched jobs so that he could make his own hours and be home more.
-Wouldn't you personally love to be on Oprah? It was exciting for them and since it's a part of their lives on a reality show-it was taped.
-I'm sure there are perks to having a reality show (like paying their electric bill--for all those lights in the house) but they constantly talk about struggle and paying bills, giving the kids enough alone time, feeding them healthy, etc.

Old 05-27-2008, 09:49 AM

430 posts, read 1,174,835 times
I watch the show and I too at times feel complexed to how they get to travel so much. I believe they do get perks for some of the things they do.Our family can't do any of the travel they have done. They do play in their yard a lot and Kate she does get on your nerves. I like Jon though. I think that every family has a lauguage and when you watch the show they do as well. I'm sure that people who watch myself and my husband may have their thoughts too. Kate does drive me nuts with her complusive issues, as well as the organic issue and that dirt doesn't seem to hit the floor too long, not that this is a bad thing but she is just a little over the top. I don't know what it would be like with that many children the same age 24 hours a day. THe kids do seem to whine a lot even the two older ones. I do think after watching the show Kate does seem to favor Hannah. I think it is great that know matter how stressful it may be they want their kids to have experiences just like other kids in a family. It must be nice to do all they do with only one parent working. I had 45 Foster kids in 6 years and TLC care to do a show.

Old 05-27-2008, 10:04 AM

2,972 posts, read 8,214,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5FLgirls
Every mom needs a little something special and she likes to get pedicures and her hair done. Don't you?
Not in the 17 years of parenting have I gotten "pampered" the way the mother did in a 1-hour episode, that being 20 hours prior to leaving for DisneyLand.

Was it even mentioned how the trip to DisneyLand was paid for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5FLgirls
Wouldn't you personally love to be on Oprah?
If ever Oprah did a show on raising twins (in today's real world) I'd be there in a New York Minute!

Quote:
At the beginning, Kate (who does come across as a royal b$&%h) was heavy, unhappy, tired and cranky. She had sextuplets and little help. They began to get neighbors and people in the community to help them (someone comes in to fold laundry, put it away, help clean house, etc.).
IMO, that's real life parenting. Most moms know what it's like to be completely frazzled at the end of a busy day. This show, they are always "on the go"... gotta do this, gotta do that, go here, go there, let's go, let's go.... rush, rush, rush. And then bedtime comes.

Moms & dads have probably all been at the point of needing an hour to get out of the house, for us, it was just with three. For stability though, we did family stuff around home mostly when they were little. Not like taking trips that would require the waking of 8 children at 3 am in a motel parking lot. Out of the carseats, back into the carseats... who wouldn't be tired?

This was the first I even knew about the show, I did see some parenting skills being used like the corner, and boundries of play areas. Brothers having to make up. Those are things average parents can relate to. I think the show is just "play-up" too much as compared to everyday life as parents.

Old 05-27-2008, 10:45 AM

14,164 posts, read 27,228,265 times
I thought it was strange that they travelled to a church one hour from their house every Sunday. What a waste of time and gas! Moderator cut: edit

Last edited by christina0001; 05-29-2008 at 07:31 AM.. Reason: inflammatory/prejudiced post
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV