U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2008, 01:31 PM

430 posts, read 1,128,496 times

Advertisements

I don't think that Kate mostly is a rummage saler kind of person anyway. I really get confused by were Kate's Mom and Dad are. But in there defense I watch Big World Little People and they go on trip a lot as well. There kids are a little disrespectful.
Rate this post positively

Old 05-27-2008, 07:21 PM

1,401 posts, read 3,646,982 times
Quote:

-Wouldn't you personally love to be on Oprah?
Ever since she had that pregnant man episode, oh hell no I wouldn't. She lost all credibility on that one. Not that she ever had any.

Old 05-27-2008, 07:41 PM

713 posts, read 2,615,018 times
What is up with Oprah? I've lost interest in her show.

Inspite of whatever Jon and Kate +8 may or may not get for "free" I don't envy them in anyway. I have three kids and that is plenty enough for me.....and yeah, I would prolly come across as bitchy if I had to deal with all the whining that they have to put up with. I bet she is praying for the day those kids start school. I wonder if they have all day kindergarten in PA?

Old 05-27-2008, 08:03 PM

895 posts, read 4,118,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FedupWNY View Post
Not in the 17 years of parenting have I gotten "pampered" the way the mother did in a 1-hour episode, that being 20 hours prior to leaving for DisneyLand.

Was it even mentioned how the trip to DisneyLand was paid for?

If ever Oprah did a show on raising twins (in today's real world) I'd be there in a New York Minute!

IMO, that's real life parenting. Most moms know what it's like to be completely frazzled at the end of a busy day. This show, they are always "on the go"... gotta do this, gotta do that, go here, go there, let's go, let's go.... rush, rush, rush. And then bedtime comes.

Moms & dads have probably all been at the point of needing an hour to get out of the house, for us, it was just with three. For stability though, we did family stuff around home mostly when they were little. Not like taking trips that would require the waking of 8 children at 3 am in a motel parking lot. Out of the carseats, back into the carseats... who wouldn't be tired?

This was the first I even knew about the show, I did see some parenting skills being used like the corner, and boundries of play areas. Brothers having to make up. Those are things average parents can relate to. I think the show is just "play-up" too much as compared to everyday life as parents.
Some people like to get pampered. Personally, I like to get a massage or spend the day at the spa every couple of months. I don't buy myself a lot things and feel that I deserve the treat. I am the primary caretaker for four small children--I need more than an hour to myself occasionally.

From what I remember, they saved and planned for the Disney trip for a long time.

We have to remember that this is reality TV. How much is edited for entertainment?

We travel with our four little ones at least three times a year. We enjoy vacationing and so do they. We drove cross country with a three month last year. This isn't for everybody but it worked for our family. There have been many times that we've had to awaken our kids before dawn to get a 6AM flight somewhere. My kids have never been harmed by this and it's taught them to be very go-with-the-flow and good travelers.

Talking about normal family interactions on the show: A few weeks ago they showed an episode where they did a fashion show for each other with dress-up clothes. It was originally supposed to be a talent show but the little ones couldn't think of talents and they love to dress-up. Another time, they showed the entire family playing hide and go seek in the house. They also showed them playing duck, duck, goose.

On a different note: For a few episodes they showed Jon and Kate or just one or the other taking the kids individually to do an activity. It was a cute idea but exhausting and time consuming. If they were both going, they had to orchestrate child care. Anyway, Kate's sister-in-law was watching and the kids manipulated her into giving them gum. They told her that their Mommy gives it to them all the time (NOT!). Anyway, it was pretty funny to watch. When they got home, one of the kids had gum stuck in his little lovey and Kate had a nervous breakdown -- throwing a tantrum, etc. It was pretty funny because you can totally see where the older twins get their drama queen attitudes from.

As another poster said, every couple/family has their own "language." It's just interesting to get a sneak peak into someone else's life - no matter how crazy it is.

Old 05-27-2008, 08:05 PM

347 posts, read 901,786 times
She was in vitro'ed. It wasnt like this wasnt planned. They dont deserve anything. Did they plan this to be on TV, i doubt it. But they still planned to have the kids.

Now little people, Matt has worked his tail off. He bought the farm before the show. Yes the kids are disrespectful. And they are starting to do product placement. I swear Matt consciously turned his soda can so it showed ot the camera. He even looked at the camera when he did it.

Old 05-27-2008, 08:23 PM

2,972 posts, read 7,901,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plf86 View Post
She was in vitro'ed. It wasnt like this wasnt planned. They dont deserve anything. Did they plan this to be on TV, i doubt it. But they still planned to have the kids.
Amen to that! My twins are an act of God.

Old 05-27-2008, 08:28 PM

4,657 posts, read 8,352,184 times
Man, what's with you people and the hate here? It's worse then the politics forum. All children are a gift from God. Quit Hatin'!

Old 05-27-2008, 08:47 PM

2,972 posts, read 7,901,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5FLgirls View Post
We have to remember that this is reality TV. How much is edited for entertainment?
Let's be Frank... It's "made for TV drama"

Old 05-28-2008, 01:30 AM

172 posts, read 747,535 times
I am glad I am not the only person who feels Kate is bossy. She is so demanding and rude. I don't know who anyone can stand to put up with her attitude.

Old 05-28-2008, 10:31 AM

430 posts, read 1,128,496 times
Wow, take a step back. I like Kate and Jon and I think they love their children and feel very blessed. I think that anyone who in their situation would take whatever the perks are from being in a show. I agree that Kate comes accross looking very bad sometimes and Jon even has pointed that out by saying it doesn't make her look good and he knows she is a better person than that. I think that now the kids are older and they have to do all these different things. Lets face it you can watch a group if year olds and just watching them play can be intertaining. 3 year olds and up they need to do different thinngs. I think that is why you see them travel more. As they get older and go to school I would think the show will drift away more. I like Little World I think they again work hard but lets face it going cross country in a motor home is expensive. I think it would be better if they just came out and told people what the perk were Look at the Douggers or whatever their name is with the 17 kids and they are expecting another. I don't know how they built that huge house and then someone came in and decorated it. I guess sometimes we all feel jealous. Although I can honestly say I would never want 17 kids. The 7 I have will kill me as it is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.