Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-22-2009, 12:47 PM

4,264 posts, read 9,275,556 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proud Rowlett Owner View Post
Couldn't have said it any better, although Jon should have handled things better...However none of us knows what goes on when the cameras are not there. I honestly believe that Kate drove Jon to most of what he has done. We are all human and need respect and love from our other half. And from the national TV perspective he didn't get that, he was humiliated on a consistant basis. Belittled in front of his children, and family. So he search for someone to give him that, not saying cheating is right but this is how things happen people. People on here post like it's a sin or something taboo.

It's totally wrong to cheat, but it happens. No I don't want it to happen to me or anyone else for that matter. But if it does I have heart break and move on. So lets move on!

Kate's a witch
and
Jon's a A-hole

Don't like it, stop watching!

My contention has always been if she is that nasty to him in public how bad is it behind closed doors. I know from personal experience my ex was a sweet as could be in public but a total jerk in private, so if Kate is that nasty in public it must be hell when the cameras go off.

Old 06-22-2009, 12:49 PM

2,482 posts, read 6,529,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajzjmsmom View Post
My contention has always been if she is that nasty to him in public how bad is it behind closed doors. I know from personal experience my ex was a sweet as could be in public but a total jerk in private, so if Kate is that nasty in public it must be hell when the cameras go off.
Of that I totally agree!

Old 06-22-2009, 03:04 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,155,231 times
I just love how some of the posters think they know what is going on with this family because they watch the show and/or read the tabloids. The show is apparently not so much "reality" after all; and the tabloids are not to be trusted. Most of what they print is second or third hand information. Some of it may be true, but it is mostly speculation. None of us knows what goes on behind closed doors, and we don't know the back story of what we see going on in front of the cameras. Jon may or may not have cheated. Kate may or may not have told him it was over and given him permission to date. Leah may or may not have deserved her swat on the behind. I posted my opinion on here, but it gets to me when people make a statement as if it is fact, when none of us know for sure.

Old 06-22-2009, 04:04 PM

23,861 posts, read 33,523,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
I just love how some of the posters think they know what is going on with this family because they watch the show and/or read the tabloids. The show is apparently not so much "reality" after all; and the tabloids are not to be trusted. Most of what they print is second or third hand information. Some of it may be true, but it is mostly speculation. None of us knows what goes on behind closed doors, and we don't know the back story of what we see going on in front of the cameras. Jon may or may not have cheated. Kate may or may not have told him it was over and given him permission to date. Leah may or may not have deserved her swat on the behind. I posted my opinion on here, but it gets to me when people make a statement as if it is fact, when none of us know for sure.
That was a rep worthy post..
You're right..
I don't know them, but I may base my feelings on knowing people like them.
I'm a lot like Kate (I used to be very anal about cleaning due to my kid putting everything in her mouth) and know people that are lazy or aren't serious about providing for their family.

I used to like Jon but his actions lately have made me lose respect.
I understand him needing to go out but to be photographed with young women looks very bad.

Old 06-22-2009, 04:33 PM

2,549 posts, read 2,721,894 times
I saw 10 minutes of the show well before the stuff hit the fan. I wanted to beat that wussy's ass and the woman? If I was with her, I'd be asking someone to put me out of my misery. Is this how men are supposed to act? It is a disservice to men everywhere to air this "role model".

Old 06-22-2009, 04:39 PM

1,961 posts, read 4,383,133 times
I have no idea where the truth lies, but what I can say is:

1) If I was videotaped 24 hours a day, and then editors whittled down that day, or several days into one 30 minute show, they could make it look like I am a nag, or my husband is lazy, or on the other hand, we work well together as a team and love each other a lot.

2) The show purposely puts things into certain framework, and what people say may have to do with something completely different than what we are led to believe they are about. I think most people know by now, that the events in the show are not sequential, and are not show in a real time line of when the events really occurred. For example, the way the speculation in the media has been, a lot of people think that when Leah went to her dad at her b-day party, she said she did not want him to leave again. In reality, she could just have been complaining that he had to keep leaving the party to get stuff.

3) If in addition, I had photographers following me around and taking pictures, people may be led to believe I am engaging with other men in an inappropriate way. I work at a university, and often see students on campus, and around town and stop to chat with them. Sometimes I pick up students for office events and drive them to where we need to go. And sometimes these students are male. If a paparazzi took a picture of a male student getting in my car, they could frame that however they want. With the case of Jon, he could simply have been talking to a fan, and someone took a picture of him. We don't know that Jon "needed" to go out and be photographed with young women, maybe he was just did not realize the media firestorm that would erupt from talking to another young woman.

Maybe the actions are not innocent, maybe they are. But I certainly am less apt to believe tabloids and their "sources".

Maybe the "big" announcement tonight will be that they are moving to NYC because Jon has a job, and the kids will soon be going to school. Maybe decisions that will hopefully bring everyone peace is to end the show, and move to NYC so Jon no longer has to be a stay at home dad. Maybe Kate is ending her "book tours/

Old 06-22-2009, 04:59 PM

3,791 posts, read 8,896,876 times
If Jon has to pay child support on all 8 kids, he might as well pull a David Carradine.

Old 06-22-2009, 05:19 PM

862 posts, read 1,642,583 times
Divorce papers have been filed according to TMZ.

Jon & Kate Plus Divorce Papers | TMZ.com

Old 06-22-2009, 06:28 PM

4,550 posts, read 11,694,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by serate View Post

Gosh that is sad

Old 06-22-2009, 06:37 PM

23,861 posts, read 33,523,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easternerDC View Post
I have no idea where the truth lies, but what I can say is:
You're right.. As much as I know a lot is probably editing..
I have to wonder why they haven't stopped doing the show.

If editing had a lot to do with it, I'd stop

Quote:
Originally Posted by serate View Post

thanks for the link
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV